1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown11, Feb 6, 2011.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

You quit on the team and I quit on you...no excuse.

It's amazing, Aaron has gone from a dynamic/energetic point guard to the guy who needs a change of scenery within a few months.

2. valorita

valorita Member

This is just silly.
    Are we faulting Morey and Rox for making good business decisions now?
    This is why the NBA is looming a lockout next season and certain teams are losing money in the first place. They give out excessive contracts based on expectations and good will.

The Rockets are a thrifty organization that tries to get the best bang for the buck because that is what it takes for medium market teams to build a championship with the current salary cap restrictions.
    Their main objective is to compete for a title.
    All other agendas are secondary.

Players are receiving millions of dollars for doing something that they love.
    Even 'underpaid' players like Hayes and Brooks are fulfilling their life dreams while getting paid more than 99.9% of the general population to do so.

In other words, I've got no pity for organizations that make bad decisions and expect the NBA to help them out (ahem, eerily similar to our current economic crisis and bail out situation???) and the players that get extremely well compensated for bringing joy (and lately disappointment) in our lives.

2 people like this.
  3. Raven

Raven Member

I'm guessing that Morey will tell other GMs that Brooks will be eager to make the Rockets look dumb for trading him.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm done with this guy. Acting too childish, and now quiting on your team. Good riddance. Hope he's part of a package deal.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I for one think the suspension, as well as Brooks poor play actually makes it less likely for him to get traded, mainly because you don't sell low.

6. makman

makman Member

He really needs to be trad asap. We have PG depth, he's an expiring not in our future, I would try to pull anything for him. Brooks + 1st rd + jeffries or hill

7. BarkleyHater84

:( Oh,man....he's probably on his way out, now. He may be involved in any trades that the Rox would make. Which makes me a little sad......I'm a big ABrooks fan, but he has complained a lot this year. He probably feels in his heart that he is a better player than Lowry and is upset he is not playing in crunch time as much as he used to......Oh, well. At this point I don't see how the Rox can bring him back next year as much as I would like him to....

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from what i've seen the past few years, brooks is too stubborn to apologize. but i hope i'm wrong.

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

Why does everyone think AB is going to be traded? Morey is not going to sell low. He would only trade him if he thought that this is the highest value that Aaron is going to be. Obviously, AB will get better.

I think AB is in the Rockets long-term plans. Get used to it.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Napoleon complex at it's finest.

I hope never to see this bum in a Rockets uniform again.

I always knew this was going to happen.

and for those Idiots that say Aaron doesn't get paid:

He makes 2 million dollars this year. How's he supposed to feed his family :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  11. worzel gummidge

I think in Brook's case it's paid off. The Rockets are seeing a vision of the future Brooks when he loses his speed advantage. Either natural causes or injury, end result post-Rockets Stevie Franchise.

If Brooks had shown he could play another way, not be as good, just effective. It would make it easier to show him the money?

12. ThaShark316_28

I knew some fool would blame the organization.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Did Ginobili changed the entire course of his career, or was something like this inevitable?

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The Rockets are showing a pattern of consistent discipline and "team first" attitude. They are paying these players millions of dollars. Most of these guys make more in one season than the bulk of their fans make in 20 years. The Rockets' organization has a right to expect unselfish team play and an above average level of professionalism. How many jobs could you walk out on and not be suspended or fired the next day?

15. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Just saw that ISH is being called back up.

16. valorita

valorita Member

It's weird because we all kind of new that Brooks was going to get shipped out sometime this season. With that being said, you would think that the organization would try to keep this whole issue on the hush-hush so that Brooks' trade value doesn't deflate aka mayo's recently. Although it does give me more respect for the Rockets since they are sticking to their 'high-character' motto and not playing games to gain leverage.

As far as Brooks' value being an all time low, the media-machine is very fickle in the sense that it has very short attention span. This story will matter just until the next issue of Melo-drama or something else. I suspect that Morey already has some deals in place for Brooks prior to this debacle and if the deals are not helpful to the organization, he will stash Brooks and help him build his trade value back up to sin&trade him this summer.

17. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

This, plus whatever else it takes to get done. Bud probably

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Wow I had been calling for him to be traded since last year saying how the MIP was a curse. I always felt he was mentally weak but I didn't think he would do something like this. He just murdered his trade value. I really hope
    Morey can get a 20 something late first round pick for him now. If AB wanted off he just destroyed any leverage the Rockets had.

Absolutely terrible lack of professionalism you didn't see this from other guys last year and this year. Last year when Shane was benched after the Martin trade he didn't complain or anything. I've never cared for AB but supported him cuz he was a Rocket but he just quit on the team. He is dead to me now and he needs to go before the locker room gets worse. I don't know how he can look anyone of his teammates in the eye as a man now after this. Arguably one of the most important games of the year (in terms of playoffs positioning) and he puts himself over the team.

Makes you wonder how many other games he may have possibly lost for the Rockets with his "gotta get mine" approach.

Give that PT to smith and Williams frankly if Aaron is suspended till the deadline and then shipped I would be fine.

Heck I would send him to Orlando for Daniel Orton and a future second round pick. Talent wise it's lopsided in Orlando's favor but we get a young 7 foot prospect to help mold and we need size the most

1 person likes this.
  19. worzel gummidge

I seem to recall talk about small speedy PGs being more prone to injury in the NBA. It might have even been Morey radio chatter. This was back when TJ Ford had that run of bad injuries in Toronto.

20. mrjuandiego1988

so according to this anybody that gets mad is mentally unstable? imo that is not what i call mentally unstable! i rather you call him childish or something like that. head case? man we r really quick to call players nut cases these days for simply showing emotion! 4 years into his career and now a head case? nuts are nuts since day one! we r not in his shoes man and a combination of bad ankle injury,contract year,losing starting job, lack of confidence all factor for his crappy play! thats a hell of a change from last year wouldn't you agree? not having yao led us to the lottery not ab, hopefully this team cant shift there attention away from yao and focus in setting things straight with this franchise! peace

ps im all for a trade pack with ab hopefully some thing can get done!