1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd in the west!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Mar 3, 2009.

1. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Yes, we are!!! With a broken knee Tmac in and out of the line-up and a slow start from Shane Battier, we still acomplished to be the 3rd in the west!

I seriously never imagined this could happen. Rick Adelman deserves huge props from exploring and utilizing all the role players' potential.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

True that we are.. but we are actually tied for 3rd place and still in a tight conference and with our schedule coming up.. we could easily fall back down to 8th. So, no cheering just yet..

3. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

For the moment. Next game against Utah is going to be extremely difficult for us.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

NO! Adelman needs to be fired, Yao needs to be traded and we may not make the playoffs!!!

signed, newbs and knee jerk threads. :rolleyes:

5. EricZ.He

EricZ.He Member

Good play Rox!!!

6. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

LMAO! You can bet youll see those again when we lose another game.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets were a 1 seed in mid-March last year. There's still a lot of basketball to be played.

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Memphis...Chicago...Philly...2nd place...

Damnit. We are doing great but the thought that we can be 2nd, barring all the injuries and drama, that would be something else, wouldn't it?

9. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

It stings, but I think the next few months will determine what this team is all about. I try not to get so worked up over the losses to eastern conference teams. I don't really care how we match up with them. We have alot of games left against the better teams in the west. Those are the games that will determine how far we go in the playoffs.

10. jajayao

jajayao Member

3rd place in the west, with the 3rd best center in the league.... I KEED I KEED! :D

11. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

not convincing, 8th seed is just 2.5 games bh .... so we need go rockets, go rockets :cool: :cool:

12. lalala902102001

There are 4 teams with 22 losses and 1 team with 23 loss. If we are not careful we can go from 3rd to 7th in a couple of days. Every game is big for the rest of the way.

13. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

We dont need any of these posts!!!!!!

This team cannot let up their fight for playoff seeding until you see 0:00 on the clock the last game of the season.

We have produced under pressure since the day we were told by EVERYONE that we couldnt win without SheWhack, we need to continue to believe that we are the underdogs and fight every game.

I have enjoyed watching this young team get it done, im just glad they have found themselves as a team.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Weren't the Rockets 1st for a minute and thirty seconds last season?

Let's get to the playoffs. Then let's get out of round one.

Then we can be happy.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Talk about under the radar!

I know most of you don't think we'll go far in the playoffs with this group, but remember what Rudy said....."Never under estimate the heart of a champion."

Minus TMac, we are up there with the Lakers and the Celtics, as far as giving it our all night in and night out.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

And being that NONE of those champions are on the roster... I doubt he was referring to a team more than a decade after his words.

Now... if next year at this time we are defending champions, then yes, those words re-apply.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the problem is there isn't much difference between seeds 2-9. going from 4 to 3 doesn't make anything easier on the rockets.

as long as they get HC in the playoffs they'll be fine, especially the way they're playing in the TC lately.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Utah tomorrow away
    Suns @ home on Friday
    Sunday Memphis @ home
    Monday @ denver

Tough stretch

19. MD_in_Training

It's more about playoff matchup for us than just a high seed.

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I'm more afraid of the Memphis game than any other on that stretch.

I you tell me on advance that we will go 3-1 in this stretch and pretty sure the loss is vs the Grizz.