1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd in the west!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Mar 3, 2009.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

do you realize how huge this game is? if we win i'm 100% sure we'll get the #2 seed and finally get past the first round.

2. rawool

rawool Member

We'll just go back to being the 4th seed, I think.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow you're really setting yourself up for some pain there...

4. indizzle

indizzle Member

Plus the West seems to be having a down year, but that means it should be easier to pick them off.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Playoffs?! What, playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs, I just hope we can win a game.

Signed,

Jim Mora

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Out of curiosity, someone mentioned that the line for tonight's game is 8.5 in favor of the Jazz.

My question is does anyone know if the Rockets have won games this year although they weren't favored?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

No but I know games we were favored in but lost :p but seriously, I'm not sure on that. Good question.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I ask this question because I'm wondering if the Las Vegas side of this business would determine the winner already on most nights?

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The Boston game in Boston, that one is sure, must be others.

10. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

I'm not gonna rail on the 100% or "signed, sealed & delivered" parts, but yeah, tonight's game is very big. We are not favored, but we could win, and if we do, it'll say a lot about looking for a higher seed. If we win tonight, and, i know, that's a big if, the team's confidence will be soaring and we will own the tie breaker w/UTA.
    So, to say I am looking forward to tonight's game is putting it mildly.
    GO ROX!

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the game against cleveland last week I think had the cavs -3 or 3.5 or so.