1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Democratic National Convention

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

There are, but between having more riots this year than in the past, BLM protests very recently taking tactics that engage third parties and provoke crowd control issues, the stark class and ideological contrast between primary contenders and an insanely high incident awareness I think there's more risk of disorganized protesters and anxious cops creating flash points.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Here comes the **** show

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Na.....the **** show is on now. The mature of adults are in Philly next week.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Will the democrats finally call our enemy by their name? That's what I really want to know, they need to do it already so we can end this war on terror.

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I'm looking forward to Melania's speech again.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is 1st lady Bill Clinton going to do the same speech also?

This is gettin' ridiculous.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Stop. I am still trying to decide whether to vote for Hillary since I assume the Trumpster has TX locked up so I sort of have a free vote.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He is gonna have to find that blue dress...since Hillary loves her pant suits...:(

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Are 1000 Philly airport works still striking the week of the convention? That will be a **** show if so.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'm casting an empty ballot or writing in Jeb :)

11. Nook

Nook Member

I will be voting for Hilary Clinton...... but spend her whole career working for children and families? That is a real stretch, but I understand that it is the DNC.

I have no idea why the mother for Michael Brown or Sandra Bland would be speaking.

As for Jordan Davis' mother, I suppose she can speak about how guns should be illegal? I am not really sure. Senseless violence?

Hilary is taking a real chance at alienating people with having Brown and Bland's mother speak.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree. Having Brown's mother at the DNC is stupid. Brown is one the worst victims of police brutality to attempt to pluck sympathy strings with. He obviously was a criminal. The mother also seems like a price of **** who is trying to profit from her son's death.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Grab gun and punch cop, "too much of a p***y".

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why won't either convention just have a litany of eloquent, passionate, issues-savvy speakers? Ugh, because 'Murica.

Definitely didn't watch GOP convention and not gonna watch the show in Philly either. There's nothing to learn at the conventions now, if there ever was.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How cloying is this agenda. Working together for children? A little over the top on the drum circle. If the RNC is getting annoying for endlessly demonizing Clinton, it sounds like the DNC will be so for endlessly praising her. Maybe that's how these things should go, but it doesn't make me want to watch.

Also, would reiterate my concern about how it'll go with the mothers of those killed by police. Hope they have something good planned, because it sounds like a politically dangerous strategy.

I think they've called Trump by name plenty of times already.

16. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

BLM convention. Bold move. Let's see if it pays off.

17. Cohete Rojo

Is Michael Brown the role model that children need?

Seriously, are the Democrats trying to beat Trump at his own game? This could be their undoing.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Like choosing a kick in the balls or being wacked in the head with a 2x4

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't know the details of everything she's done but she did push for SCHIP back in the 90's. I have a friend in school whose kids wouldn't have health insurance if not for SCHIP.

20. Cohete Rojo

This is why you don't try to take a cop's gun (like Michael Brown). Also, this guy was on the ground with two cops on him (like Alton Sterling).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=8d131b96cb44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>