1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Democratic National Convention

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nope. If you were awake during Donald J Mussolini's acceptance speech you know what kind of Presidency he has in store for us. There's nothing more frightening than an autocrat.

2. TheresTheDagger

ROFL....

CNN just cut from the breaking story of some Sanders voters blocking the delegates entrance to the hall to....

The super important story of "Boys To Men" singing Motownphilly!!!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess what? Boy II Men performing is more important. They are great American musicians. Most people want to see Boy II Men performing more than they do Bernie Bros performing.

4. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clinton &amp;Sanders aides met within the last hour, trying to figure out a way to calm tensions over Wikileaks from exploding on the floor</p>&mdash; Edward-Isaac Dovere (@IsaacDovere) <a href="https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/757674265223233537">July 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really the biggest thing they should be worried about is voters not showing up. For the 2 elections they had Obama on the ballot there was record high black voter turnout, now that they don't have a black guy on the ballot anymore, how much will that fall off? Nearly all that stay home will be potential Hillary votes so that could hurt if those turnout numbers fall from the high 60's to the low 60's or even back to the low 50's like they were 16 years ago. It's why Hillary is courting that vote so much by pandering to the BLM crowd as much as she is.

6. Nook

Nook Member

What??? You mean they are on the same page? Well that doesn't sound right at all.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so the Sanders and his peeps ain't even mad?

8. TheresTheDagger

Hmmm...

I guess the screaming match going on right now in the convention hall...big enough to interrupt the podium speaker....isn't really happening.

[​IMG]

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sure it matters. Straight ticket voters are the problem. Its obvious you would vote for a democrat, regardless of who is on either ticket. This is why we end up with the candidates we have. The elite pay to get them in office to do their bidding because they know people like you will vote for them regardless.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Brah.... it is obvious you will vote Republican regardless of who is on the ballot.

11. Space Ghost

Incorrect (as often). I would have voted Bernie. I would have voted Hillary if she had owned up to her actions with the server violation. Instead she doubles down on her ignorance. She continues to have no regard for anything but her own well being.

The only reason why I am showing up in November is for our local small town elections. I'll be voting Johnson.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You would have voted Bernie. Pffft... LOL

Who are you trying to fool? You don't have to pretend bro. You're going to vote Gary Johnson, who basically holds the opposite policy positions to Bernie Sanders. Get over yourself dude.

At first I was going to vote for the most liberal Presidential candidate in the last 50 years but now I'm going to vote libertarian. Sounds legit.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Cruz would have been way worse than Trump. Also Clinton would have cleaned sweep Cruz whereas with Trump she is losing currently.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, I'm a Bernie guy. I'm not happy with Clinton being the candidate but I'm also not stupid enough to tell people to not vote for her out of spite because the result of that is well...a Clown.

This is the system we have now. It won't change in a day, a week, or a month. I'm not the reason we have this system.

Blame your party for why I'm supporting Clinton if anything. Isn't my fault Trump is the GOP candidate.

15. Space Ghost

Seriously dude. Your trolling sucks.

A good portion of Bernie bros are voting Johnson. Don't be mad your party is imploding giving Trump a legitimate shot at presidency.

The DNC is the 2016 Rockets. What a joke.

16. Granville

Granville Member

Then you sir, are full of ****. They could put any Republican in front of you and you'd vote for her

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Can you imagine if you donated a meaningful (to you) amount of money to the Bernie Sanders campaign and all the while, the DNC was actively trying to elect your opponent? I'd be furious. The DNC is supposed to be impartial -- they should take their thumb off the scales. And the racism, corruption and outright fraud that has been uncovered for all to see must be punished.

Who is in charge of this operation? Who is the leader? It's operating like a rudderless ship. This political operation is a completely dishonest failure, much like so many initiatives in our country. I look forward to Wikileaks and ultimately President Trump shining a light on the corruption that has no doubt taken place over these past 8 years. It's time to drain that swap and put in place leaders who can level with the American people. This has gone on for far too long -- it's time to restore honesty and integrity back into politics.

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

All last week folks from the DNC and other democrats were making fun of the "division" in the Republican party with Cruz supporters and Kasich not being there. Now this week the division between the Democratic party looks 10x worse. Bernie being booed loudly for saying "support Hillary". Random "Bernie" chants in the hall. Way worse than the RNC. As someone who voted Obama twice (okay not the first time since I was a few months too young to vote) the implosion and fights within the DNC is truly captivating to watch.

Trump is gonna be president.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Sure.

No one buys that you would have voted for Sanders or Clinton... you will end up voting for Trump and rationalizing.

20. Granville

Granville Member

Democrats chanting "Lock her up" on the first day of the Democrat Convention. This is beautiful.