1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. kanariya

kanariya Member

I could understand his reaction and emotion over that. Imagine your boss interviews someone to take over your job and you over heard it. He exited Rockets org with way more class than say Handsome Parsons. If he's mental midget he's out of the league by now.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Over Carmelo? If the Rockets got Carmelo , he wouldn't play point or backup point guard which Lin played.
    If you look at the numbers the Rockets retired , they are legendary players who are loyal to the Rockets. He doesn't fit that and him being mad about #7 shows selfishness.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey is usually quiet on these kinf of matters but even he called Airemy out on the Melo fiasco.

He pretty much told Airemy to know his place as a scrub.

[​IMG]

4. kanariya

kanariya Member

That combined with all the rumors of him being traded. It was over played. I remember Lin showed some frustration about it because he wasn't informed beforehand. I don't remember Lin ever mad on anything. He's still in good standing with former Rockets players and staff. But some people hate him so badly because some stupid r****d fans said something stupid on an internet forum?

5. kanariya

kanariya Member

Don't recall that. Link?
    I remember Morey said few things like he wasn't going to trade Lin if Bosh didn't commit. Also Morey said his ipad told him to draft Lin in first round but he hesitated because you know.

#2485 kanariya, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"It's always a challenging situation during free agency. You are always having to recruit players and there might be current players at current positions, might be people with the current numbers. It's unfortunate that it's often hard to handle. Reality is it's standard practice. When we went after Chris Bosh a few years ago, we had him in Luis Scola's number. When we went after Dwight Howard he had [Patrick] Beverley's number. I get the sensitivity and I hate that it creates some hurt feelings. I don't like that, but that's obviously Carmelo Anthony's number, that's the number he wants. He told us that. Bottomline, if Carmelo comes Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin have to be traded. It's just math. It's not personal. My job is every day [to] figure out how to win. Sometimes it creates challenging situations." - Morey

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2014/7...y-carmelo-anthony-houston-rockets-daryl-morey

That is a polite way of saying..

"Know your place in the food chain"

7. kanariya

kanariya Member

I agree Lin could've responded and handled better. So was Morey thought, he was known to treat players like assets. This could be avoided with better communication on both end. I see Morey is better at this in recent years now.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao Ming was Asian too

http://www.espn.com/nbadraft/story?id=1399417
    Rockets make Yao Ming first overall pick
    Jun 27, 2002
    • Joe Lago

NEW YORK -- He didn't stroll onto the Madison Square Garden stage all decked out in a designer suit, but the Houston Rockets still got their man.

The Rockets surprised no one by making Chinese center Yao Ming the first pick of the 2002 NBA draft Wednesday night, after having logged more flyer miles and placed more long-distance phone calls than any NBA team just to get the China Basketball Association's stamp of approval to take the 7-foot-5 Yao.

"This is now a new start in my basketball life," Yao said from Beijing through an interpreter. "This is a new league in front of me for me to play, so it will be a new challenge for me."

9. kanariya

kanariya Member

Well Yao is 7'5".

10. tinman

Supporting Member

He was Asian first before he was 7'5''
    And #1 picks aren't usually going to the tallest player in the draft.

11. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Lol, really. Lin and his fan impacted clutch so much? I feel abit sorry for posters like Tinman and Zboy now.

12. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

From the last few posting from Zboy and tinman it seems this goes beyond the lin fans. My guess it that Lin did something personally to these 2 or maybe they are there same individuals when they meet and lin did not appease their ego as they felt lin should have.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

LOFs leave

14. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

How about rocket fans that are fans of lin and wish he does well?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Whatever our arguments, one thing we can all agree upon is that basketball and Airemy simply do not mesh.

He has been a failure at it, mostly due to his low basketball IQ.

Which begs the question...

IS there a sports that he could possibly not suck at? Something that requires minimal thinking on the fly maybe?

16. kanariya

kanariya Member

You can teach skill but you can't teach height. Yao is 7'5" with skill. Yao wasn't that good until later in his career when he developed some body strength and weight.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The difference between Yao and Airemy is that Yao did not suck at basketball.

As such, he would not play for the worst team in the league, like Airemy does now.

tinman likes this.
  18. kanariya

kanariya Member

It seems you have problem with Lin more than the LOFs

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It seems Lin has a problem with basketball.

Or else he wouldn't be playing for the worst team in the league and solidifying their record.

20. kanariya

kanariya Member

I would love to have a problem with basketball if that gets me 12m/yr contract.