1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. toycannon

toycannon Member

Like the Terminator Unit...I'll Be Back!!...lol

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I would love to compare.

Is Airemy playing tonight?

I have not checked Nets playoff schedule.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Folks,

I know y'alls emotions are running high...

...with Pat, the guy that stole Airemy's job, having a huge impact in the playoffs....

....with Isaiah Thomas, who y'all were hating on last year, scoring 40+ in a playoff game..

....with Airemy doing (something somewhere?) after having led his team to the worst record in the league..

I feel for you guys.

I really do.

Settle down though.

Everything will be fine.

[​IMG]

4. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Airy Lin and Yao Ming are two former rockets and this is why we post in clutchfans. Yes they both are Chinese in ethnicity and yes they both played for the Rockets in the NBA. Why does Zboy and Tinman post so negative insults on Airy lin only?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that I have a hard time figuring out is..

whether this yearoftheyao guy is either one of the two banned LOFs, danang or colt45

colt45nyc pretended to some 50 year old rockets fan who only posts about jeremy lin

the LOF rats keeping coming back

6. kanariya

kanariya Member

Kyrie is a LOF confirmed by tinman.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

you can't confirm anything from me or any other 99er

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL

It's hard to tell because danang, Colt, Hayes, and many others....

They were all equally bad and sad.

Life would not have been so hard on them if they had just picked a better role model to nuthug, instead of a scrub that is happy for an opportunity to statpad on the worst team in the league!

9. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Another of my hero is another Chinese-American..name is Lee Shau Lone or you may know him as Bruce Lee

Maybe airy lin will do an fist of fury for the Nets next season.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The Nets are terrible. You can replace Lin with CP3 or Curry and they still won't make the playoffs. Harden might be able to drag that team into the playoffs, but point is, Lin won't do anything for them in the long run. He might help them win a few more games, but that's about it.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Only a stupid idiot would put Bruce lee and lin in the same planet
    One guy is a legend who's the picture of toughness and lin is the picture of toilet paper charmin softness

lofs are rats

12. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Why the name calling? Both needed to overcome stereotypes to achieve their goals and passion in life.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Yearoftheyao

Yearoftheyao Member

Yes, due to Zboy and Tinman. We all really like to know who they are and how Lin hurted their feelings. Please someone help me and share more to me about these two and the history of what happened to them and why such childish posting they do to lin and his fans?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Airemy should consider a career change.

Clearly he has failed at basketball.

Made a team that was already horrendous, even worse.

[​IMG]

Lulz...

He should try low key sports so that his failures are not highlighted as they are in the NBA.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Here's a better summary of why LOFs are the enemy and why they keep coming back to Clutchfans even though Lin is not a Rocket anymore.
    Written by our founder and it includes LOFs who joined and blatantly insult him

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6592/jeremy-lin-fans-defend-jeremy-lin-from-jeremy-lin/

Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin
    MAY 2, 2014 1:33 PM

By Clutch632 Comments

[​IMG]

“Why do you hate Jeremy Lin so much?”

If you’ve ever suggested the Rockets point guard should come off the bench, or disagreed that he’s the next Steve Nash, you’ve likely been asked this question.

Jeremy Lin’s fans are a rabid bunch, large in quantity and not very accepting of criticism of their player. What you say, what you don’t say — they try to extract meaning out of all it. Tweet that Lin turned it over and they’ll ask why you didn’t mention James Harden’s turnover last week.

So with rhetoric ramped up at a high level after Jeremy’s huge swing from Game 4 low to Game 5 high, we decided enough was enough. It was time for a little social experiment.

Yesterday evening, I posted a simple thread in our Rockets forum with nothing but these words: Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn’t done a great job of being an offensive spark this series. It included a poll question asking if this was a true or false statement.

There was just one catch that I didn’t include.

The summary wasn’t mine. It was Jeremy Lin’s.

“I felt like I needed to be more of a spark tonight,” said Lin after scoring 21 points on 9-15 shooting in Game 5. “I haven’t done a great job of that this series.”

Unaware of the source of the comment, Jeremy Lin fans responded immediately to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin, even going so far as to claim the statement proved that Jeremy Lin was biased against Jeremy Lin.

your statement just shows your bias
    So, you and lot of your texas rednecks don`t like Lin? Fine, what can one do about that. He will have to go to one of the bigger cities, multicultural ones, like nyc, boston, la or similar
    All I can say is that Clutch is a (Lin hater)
    I’ve seen Clutch post on here about how he’s not biased… that notion is pretty laughable at this point.
    What’s up with Clutch trollin/going at Lin so often?
    I guess there wasn’t enough F**k Lin threads
    No wonder there is so much hate on the board when the site moderator trolls the most controversial issue in (the Rockets forum).
    This post shows clearly Clutch is a biased person.
    I do think Clutch is quite biased…
    I’m a bit surprised that Clutch would do this (actually, not really)
    I think at this point ‘the numbers are clear’ Clutch doesn’t care for Lin.
    To say Clutch is not biased is definitely ignorant…
    I think this situation is akin to someone running a political forum that was a strong democrat, who acted neutral then every once in awhile would post some passive agressive pro democrat agenda on the front page.
    Now everybody on the net is going to use this thread as an example to why ClutchFans is cancerous… I think Clutch emotionally made a mistake by making this poll.
    expect better from a moderator, boy was i wrong.
    What puzzled me even more is why an Internet-based forum with tens of thousands of members from dozens of countries can’t or won’t stay neutral for every one.
    Clutch IS biased… (He) may spend a LOT of time watching basketball, but does he commit anywhere near the amount of time necessary to break down the play of ANY player on the Rockets? Let alone the Bulk of the players on the team?
    Now I understand why this board has so much hate on Lin. Very biased and unprofessional indeed.
    Even if its borderline racist, pure hate and unreasonable judgement Clutch and the mods will keep it.
    Clutch is simply adding to the decline of this board
    Others found a deeper meaning in the statement, believing it meant that Jeremy Lin was blamingJeremy Lin for the Rockets being down 3-2 in the series. Unable to believe that Jeremy Lin had the nerve to even talk about Jeremy Lin, they wondered — why wasn’t Jeremy Lin focusing on James Harden’s failings?

How about a new poll: “James Harden has been crap all 5 games”? Hilarious how much scrutiny a backup PG off the bench is getting.
    What’s the point to single out Lin? … I honestly don’t get why any genuine Rockets fan would throw the kid under the bus like this.
    If you seriously think lin has this much an impact on our series and fail to see who is truly underperforming at a historic level…then it’s very sad to see people being so ignorant.
    It’s not classy to single out our BACKUP POINT GUARD to be the scapegoat especially after the great Game 5 victory.
    Why single out a role player for not “providing a spark” when our star is shooting 35 percent?
    The bigger question for me is, ‘Why single out a single player?’ Why not apply this to all the players? … Clutch did this for a player possibly #7 in the pecking order.
    Why don’t you man up and tell to Lin and Harden to their face that they have not done good job being an offense catalyst?
    Even more interesting? The results of the poll, with over 1500 members voting, showed that nearly three-quarters felt that Jeremy Lin’s own summation of his play was wrong. “Absolutely and Empirically false,” said one member of the board.

But it was just getting good. Conspiracy theories began to sprout from the benign statement.

Small theory, but could this be like (the Rockets) are using Lin as a scapegoat and blaming him for games 1-4? And saying this was a fluke game for Lin? Could Les/Morey make a push to have Clutch, and other Media write negative things about Lin, so that Lin decides to buyout with the Rockets, so the Rockets can achieve a Max player next season?
    This thread shows Clutch’s desperation to use as many of Lin’s threads to make as much money as he can from advertising in anticipation of Lin’s possible departure from Houston next season.
    Others felt the way it was phrased made it biased. Another wondered how I, as media, must behave around Jeremy, with another suggesting my behavior would be “like Donald Sterling”, the racist owner of the Clippers.

All this because of Jeremy Lin’s own summation of his play.

And that, my friends, is why an honest Rockets discussion is hard to find. If Jeremy Lin is playing very well, then Rockets fans and Lin fans are in sync, but if he struggles, and he has often, then Lin fans and Rockets fans are oil and water. When Jeremy Lin finds consistency or another team, normalcy will be restored, but until then, we’re just left with one question.

Why do Jeremy Lin fans hate Jeremy Lin so much?

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I remember creeping on this board when LOFs had that dumb haren nickname and talk about how harden ruined lins career and what not. I just ignored it and read other topics on here. I remember them saying harden (freah after 80 mil contract and that 37 12 game and other 45 point game vs pistons and hawks to start the season) should come off the bench so lin could flourish.

They tripped put when bev beat lin out for the starting job too. Calling mchale racist lol.

I like lin as a dude and he had some fun moments in the nba. He look ok at some points but im glad he isnt a rocket.

Some of that LOF idiocy was too much haha

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Nothing is wrong with Lin the person. However his fans don't like Rockets fans because they can't handle criticism when he plays badly.
    But the #1 reason they don't belong here is they were never Rockets fans or wanted to be Rockets fans.

Clutch interviewed Lin many times yet they insult Clutch . They are getting more Lin news from him then they have ever seen, yet they insult Clutch.
    Part of me thinks they were jealous he got so close to Lin cause Lin is their God and Idol.

You realize they keep coming back here with new names and pretend to be Rockets fans just so they can voice their adulation for Lin right?

19. kanariya

kanariya Member

It makes sense that you and Zboy attack the LOFs because I too think they are annoying and ****ing stupid. But most of time I see you and especially Zboy were attacking on Lin as a person/player/human/whatever.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Zboy is saying he's not mentally tough, which evidence shows he's not.

Remember when Lin was mad when the Rockets were trying to get Carmelo by putting a poster with Carmelo wearing a #7?

There are several things,
    one #7 is not retired and Lin has nothing on that number except that it might force him to change numbers to sell merchandise.
    he's done nothing extraordinary to think #7 Rockets is exclusive to him.
    two he's selfish. Morey is trying to recruit more players, he's not thinking about Lin's feelings. That's not the goal of the organization.
    three twitter. He's gone to twitter many times after bad games going off on tangents about religion etc. asking 'his fans' to pray for his basketball success. It's an easy way to hide your lack of confidence on the court.