1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch Lin's game, so your pretend victim card isn't going to work lmao. I also have yet to say something in this thread that falls along your narrative---so boom there goes that too. Regardless of whether he had the crappiest of crappy games or the greatest of great games it doesn't change the fact that your comment is just plain weird. I'm sure it would make Lin uncomfortable reading it....so take that into consideration.

He's a good kid, I've met him twice actually---have nothing against him now that he's not on the rockets.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL... you are joking right? Did you really take the angels of the outfield reference literally?

Even Lin doesn't believe thats what happened when he said it lmao. He made light hearted comment about it. But bottom line he gave credit to where it's due, which is to God. Not for the lucky shot, but in general. That part was REAL and I appreciate that.

3. krnxsnoopy

Well it wasn't meant to be weird. Things get lost in translation over text or writing. It happens.

There was nothing sexual about what I said. Just said it seems he's a genuine (not just "for show") Christian and that makes him likeable.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I have no right to tell someone else how to cheer for a player, I was just voicing my opinion as well.

K, I'm outie.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you don't like me cause i'm right.

and probably because of the hakeem status.

if you were a pure rockets fan, you would not want a single LOF here.

This is not the same as Rockets fans who might like Lin or Rockets fans discussing Lin.

you got some LOF repeating responding to himself the whole time , yet all you can think of his praising Je.. Jeremy

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I met Lin twice too.

I also saw some of his crazed fans, scary.

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Get him back??? Bad idea.

8. krnxsnoopy

I don't like obnoxious LOFS like Tonnnny here either.

I also don't like LOFHs lumping all Lin fans as LOFS or Lin extremists. That's just as irritating and annoying as the Tonnnnys of the world.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

why would I hate Jeremy Lin? I met the dude twice.

I just don't think he was very good Rocket . I think he's inconsistent, he's had 2 great games, but he's not even the best player on the team.

if you think Tonny is the only LOF here, you must be blind grasshopper.

10. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Yeah I saw you call that dude out twice. Personally, I don't understand the reason for bashing Lin or the reasonable fans that support him. Definitely call out the extreme, delusional fanboys but why call out someone that has a reasonable view and supports a certain player? I'm not a Lin fan but I want him to do well and hope he excels in his role *except against the Rockets.* He's a great guy was pretty solid offensively when he was here.

11. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Thanks for the compliment about Lin. His defense also improves with years and under Steve Clifford.

12. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Beauty of bromance. These makes the game more enjoyable.

[​IMG]

13. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

You missed EVERYTHING. Read the post you replied to and then read your reply. Slowly this time.

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

He has been average 14.2 pts and 5.7 ast(3.1tov) in 183 starting game. That's very solid considering he has been playing alongside multiple ball-holders.

15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Guess you haven't been watching the Hornets much this season. Clifford sticks with Lin even on awful scoring nights because Lin's defense has been great this season. He's arguably been the best defender on the team all season.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

if he's a rockets fan, he shouldn't be watching too much of the hornets.

i think if he wanted to know about the hornets, he'd go to the hornets site.

17. yoeddy

If he hasn't been watching the Hornets, he shouldn't be making assertions about how Lin has been playing all year.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

what's wrong with his assessment?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

LOH isn't even a term. Clutch said so. this is his site, he controls the vocabulary.

20. yoeddy

I already wrote what was wrong with his assessment. That's the post you responded to.