1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

F**King heck Pens, this is ridiculous.

F*****G Ridiculous. Come on.
    I don't want the Flyers to win this series but you gotta figure it's as good as over with the Flyers up 2-0.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

lol Penguins. I had them potentially winning the east. Not anymore. I don't even think they can win this series the way the Flyers are playing right now.

I hope the Kings take this game 2 also. I hate the Canucks.

3. Apps

Apps Member

HAHAHA GO KINGS GO!!!

L.A. is making the Canucks their little *****. It's sweet seeing L.A. win, and it's ALWAYS sweet to see VANCOUVER SUCK A FAT ONE.

Taking two games in Van is pretty much the best case scenario for us. Just hold down the fort when you guys head back to Staples, for the love of god.

4. supdudes

supdudes Member

lol Canucks..........Can't say I'm surprised

5. Apps

Apps Member

Someone needs to remind the Canucks that there's not actually any water beneath that ice so that maybe they'll stop diving. ;)

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks, I'll take it.

In regards to Canucks posts... yes it's always a pleasure seeing the Nucks lose. The Pacific division is 4-0 right now after getting ragged on all season long. ;)

7. ItsMyFault

Good to see the Canucks lose.

I wish Ottawa did a better job of scoring early on with NY. They're definitely a team that can challenge the Rangers because of their scoring. I'd like to see as many upsets as possible.

I have a feeling the Blues are going to come out strong against San Jose tomorrow.

8. napalm06

I still have the Blues beating the Sharks. And good - I like them better.

9. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

There's just some teams that have other teams number. The Pens can't beat the Flyers, yet the Flyers can't beat the Rangers. I'm stunned at the way the Pens have lost both games. Stupid turnovers in their own zone, the defense has been pathetic, and Fleury looks like a minor league goalie. They've scored 8 goals in 2 games and have 2 losses. Looking more and more like a sweep, and I'm afraid we'll see some changes next year.

Is it too late to trade for Hal Gill?

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

philly and penguins. Holy schmidt. Anyone mildly curious about hockey should watch this series. Intense, skilled, lots of goals. Amazing. It's like an allstar game with hitting. I've never paid any attention to Giroux until now. He may be a new favorite.

I've liked the Flyers since Bobby Clarke's playing days. My kids love the Penguins and Crosby. I'm trying hard to remain civil at home. I'm guessing it's bad form to trash talk a 10yo about a game...so far I've behaved.

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

If there is a team that will make it back from 2-0 down, its the Penguins....note, I don't watch hockey, but since I live in a hockey mad town, its hard not to know who is good and who is not.

12. napalm06

Yup. I will be highly surprised if there is a sweep anywhere this year, barring an injury or a goaltender meltdown. There is too much parity in the league for that.

13. ferrari77

WOW! Great for the Caps.

Nice goal by Backstrom in OT. Back to DC tied at 1-1.

The 2012 playoffs is shaping up to be a classic. The first round on its own has been fantastic so far.

14. napalm06

Might be fun for Clutchfans to know a few former Houston Aeros are playing big roles in these playoffs.

Off the top of my head:
    Mike Smith - Phoenix Coyotes Goalie (won game 1 against Chicago)
    Joel Ward - Washington Capitals winger
    Benoit Pouliot - Boston Bruins winger (scored goal today)

15. Apps

Apps Member

This Boston/Washington series is going to be brutal. I'm rooting for the Caps to come out of the East, though.

16. Apps

Apps Member

And by the way, where did this Holtby guy come from? He has essentially shut the door in both games.

17. ItsMyFault

Big win for the Sens. They needed to steal a game at MSG, they did that. I think they're good enough to pull off an upset. Not sure that they will though. Rangers don't scare me.

18. ferrari77

F***** Sharks. Can't take losing

Let's go BLUESSSSSS!Great win.

Did anyone see Sobotka on Moore and then Polak just unwind on Braun? Polak just unleashed about 9 heavy rights on Braun. It was almost like AJ on Finnegan.

19. ferrari77

The fights

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iXIzgLygu8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. ItsMyFault

Love my Blackhawks never give up mentality. Two games in a row.
    Thank you Bickell for saving us. It'll be nice to see them now at the Madhouse on Madison.