1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

two more games. Lets go Washington!

Almost my favorite time of the yr. NHL and NBA playoff fever...house chores can wait until June.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damn, Saturday is going to epic. Last day of the regular season, all the teams in the playoffs now have clinched but seedings are all determinant on Saturday's results.

Pacific division is far from set. PHX controls their own destiny to win the Pacific div. They have to win both of their games.

If PHX happens to lose one of their two remaining games, that sets up a monster game between LA and San Jose for that 3rd seed and division win.

St Louis also controls its own destiny in trying to get the 1st seed in the west, if they win both of their two remaining, they get the #1 seed.

Blackhawks and Red Wings play Saturday also, whoever wins that game gets the 5th seed. If Detroit ends up winning and Nashville loses, they will get the 4th seed and home ice.

In the east, Florida has been slumping as of late so if they drop their last game and the Capitals win theirs, they would get the 3rd seed and the division win while Florida would get the 8th seed.

All the other seeds in the east are set.

Should be awesome to watch.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

If I'm Chicago, all the top players rest on Saturday. Win by losing.

Washington/NY lead in to a Wash/NY series. With an outside chance of Wash getting home ice if they win and Florida loses.

Vancouver really blew it yesterday. Had the conference and league lead in their sights, and whiffed.

Pacific Div just too convoluted to figure out.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

let's go caps! I think they have a solid shot against the Bruins

5. ItsMyFault

Blackhawks in 6.

Yotes might win a couple because of their goalie Mike Smith.

Home ice won't be a factor, tons of blackhawks fans in Glendale.

6. ItsMyFault

7. VanityHalfBlack

And Houston doesn't have a Hockey team because????

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ownership. If Houston were to get an NHL team, it has to be owned by Les.

Unless Sugar Land wants to build an arena to house an NHL team.

Come on Detroit, what the hell.

[​IMG]

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not a great night for Pens fans.

Not the way to start a playoff series. Hopefully Bylsma can get his team to put tonight's loss out of their minds.

Nice start for Nashville also.

10. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Damn Flyers. I really believe if the Pens played anyone else in the first round they'd win the cup. For some reason they just can't beat the Flyers this year, and even if they come back and win this series, they'll be so beat up and mentally exhausted I just don't see them making it out of the second round.

I ****ing hate the Flyers.

11. ItsMyFault

I think they should have an opportunity to have one but I doubt people would show up to games just like Rockets games... they'd be poor in attendance.

Lets go HAWKS! Important for us to get this first win on the road.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So wack that the Blues game isn't on NBCSN. :mad::mad:

Thinking about the Flyers-Pens game from last night, I'm happy for Ilya that he rebounded from the start to end up with a solid outing. (I know a lot of fans from teams he plays for aren't too fond of his funny/crazy self but after seeing him on 24/7, I can't think of many athletes funnier than him.) On the other side of the coin, I can't stand Laviolette and think he's a prat so I want the Pens to win.

Question- I forgot Shanny is the "Discipline czar". His handling of the Shea Weber issue with just a weak fine wasn't good imo.
    What do you guys think of him as the "discipline czar" and the Weber non-suspension?

13. ItsMyFault

Weber most definitely should have gotten a game. That was pretty blatant and a cheap shot. I just don't get how players get away with these things... so inconsistent with handing out suspensions.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Seriously if Houston gets an NHL team I'd spend more time going to that arena more than any other sport team in Houston... We are the 4th largest city in America, get it done Morey!!!!

15. what

what Member

Detroit is gunna get mugged in Music City. Don't worry we'll send yall home.

16. ItsMyFault

Blackhawks are probably the most talented team in the west. It's pathetic how terrible they've been with powerplay's this season. Not going anywhere.

17. ItsMyFault

Yup the blackhawks are going no where. this series is over. Hope we don't swept.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've been a die-hard Coyotes fan for years, and I'm enormously grateful that we won game 1... however remember this franchise hasn't won a series since 1987 when they were the Jets.

A sweep is definitely not in the cards. Heartbreak might be.

19. ItsMyFault

Oh please don't kid yourself. Chicago sports are a tease. Full of regular season teams that come up short in thin playoffs. This will end in 5. Game 3 will be our only win. Good luck in the semi-finals!

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Another Penguins meltdown.....