1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 22, 2012.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There's no way around it.... that hit was totally unnecessary. Best wishes to Hossa, great player. Torres deserves whatever the NHL has for him.

On a different note, you can tell that incident has changed Phoenix's body language. The intensity is still there but they are confused about how hard to push. Torres' hit took me out of the game as well, I cringe every time he goes for a hit. Fun to see Smith and Crawford jawing though.

I get that it's fun to hate the team at this level but that's total overreaction. Dirty faggots, really? I've loved the Coyotes for years and they just don't have a dirty history. TORRES does, and he's a first year player. I don't condone what happened at all.

After game two all I saw from Blackhawks fans was b****ing b****ing b****ing. I know you guys aren't new to this whole dance. Take a break and cool off.

#101 napalm06, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sorry, the Phoenix Coyotes are dirty right now.

The Coyotes have been babied in this series. There's a reason for b****ing when 90% of the calls/non-calls have favored the Coyotes.

3. napalm06

Say what you gotta say.

Torres doesn't deserve to play another game, but the rest of the guys are playing their hearts out like anyone else.

4. napalm06

Chicago has done a great job in game 3 controlling their emotions, no doubt about that.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Arron Asham suspended 4 games, James Neal suspended 1 game. The Penguins should be embarrassed by their behavior and how the Flyers have kicked their asses all over the place this series.

6. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Few thoughts.......I agree 100% that Phoenix as a whole is not dirty. Torres is a POS and not a first year player by the way.....he pulled this crap against the Blackhawks (Smoked Brian Campbell's brain last playoffs) as a member of the Nucks last season. Torres needs to sit for 5+ or more. Smith's play on Toews and the acting job with the shaw hit have fueled the fire more. Those two have really been the reason for most of the hate and as you would imagine.....it's making Blackhawks fans angry.

You might not think so and it is fine......but this series has been called heavily in favor of Phoenix. Between the Toews interference call, Torres not getting a penalty for killing Hossa, The Bolland hooking call in Game 1, and especially the Shaw game misconduct in game 2......Phoenix has been given every chance to stay alive and more in this series. I know there is nothing anyone can do about it......but you have to admit it adds to the building anger in Chicago fans. Even Barry Melrose has mentioned it on the air. So the idea is not just from Hawks fans.

Either way......after all this garbage in Game 3......we finally have some ill will in this series (too bad it took attempted murder to bring it! ;) ). Game 4 is a make or break for the Hawks and we can only hope to stay alive long enough to get Shaw and Hossa back. Good luck to your Coyotes napalm.......

7. ItsMyFault

I second this.

I didn't mean what I said last night about Phoenix being dirty. I let my emotions get the best of me about the Coyotes, especially after what I was reading on twitter about a few Coyotes fans laughing and calling the Hossa hit clean. I know I predicted Coyotes in 5, but I hope this goes to 7 games just for the hell of watching some great hockey. IMO, this has been the best series in the Stanley Cup Playoffs so far.

8. napalm06

Thanks for the post. I meant that Torres is a first year Coyotes player.

9. napalm06

Cheers man. I'm legitimately sorry for what happened to Hossa and for the refereeing. But I can't help but be excited that my team is leading a playoff series.

Even though the reffing has been questionable, Chicago's special teams are not helping them cash in on it. Better get that in gear.

10. ItsMyFault

It's all good.

Yeah, you should be excited. Phoenix is a great team, the whole pacific division really has proved to be tougher than I expected.

That's been one of our issues. I predicted PHX would win in 5 because of our lack of PPGs. That's been our theme of the season. You just can't win on bad PPG and average defense. I know Boston won last year not being good with the PP, but they also have great goalie in Tim Thomas. Crawford isn't terrible, he's just inconsistent at times.

11. napalm06

I'm actually enjoying how Chicago fans hate Mike Smith. He's a hot head and it's fun seeing his emotions follow the game.

12. sew

sew Member

Torres is likely going to be suspended for a while. Despicable hit.

<EMBED SRC="http://www.csnchicago.com/common/thePlatform/web_45/swf/flvPlayer.swf" flashvars="v=http://www.csnchicago.com/common/thePlatform/PDK/CSN/vars.txt&overlayImageURL=http://www.csnchicago.com/common/thePlatform/PDK/CSN/logo/csnchi.png&pluginAkamai=type=player|URL=http://www.csnchicago.com/common/thePlatform/web_45/swf/akamaiHD.swf|priority=1|hosts=-f.akamaihd.net&pluginTremor=type=plugin|URL=http://objects.tremormedia.com/embed/swf/tpacudeoplugin46.swf|progId=4f74e2f143dfe&skinURL=http://www.csnchicago.com/common/thePlatform/web_45/swf/skinGlass.swf&allowscriptaccess=always&releaseURL=http://link.theplatform.com/s/-/JWPwyIG5bUi6QDUezZ38oSx0xibyPJRR?MBR=true&zone=&playerURL=http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/video?PID=JWPwyIG5bUi6QDUezZ38oSx0xibyPJRR" height="379" width="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" bgcolor="#ffffff"></EMBED>

13. Apps

Apps Member

My [obviously negligible] two cents: The Torres hit was not so late that that should factor into the equation, and if it was late by interference standards, then it was only by a split second; what really made it such a terrible and dirty hit is that he left his feet, and in doing so targeted the head almost exclusively. Secondly, when you look at who the target was (Hossa), you see that it was clearly a head-hunt. The fact that Hossa could miss considerable playing time if there is to be any serious injury could entirely change the dynamic of the series and potentially give Phoenix the upper hand in the coming games. And of course, Torres will be deservedly suspended.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

For tonight.... Go Kings! I feel weird rooting for an LA team...

15. napalm06

Vancouver and Pittsburgh potentially out in the first round? I can barely even believe the joy...

Though you better believe neither the Flyers or the Penguins will win the 2nd round unless they keep scoring like it's a pre-season game.... this is probably the worst post-season "intensity" I've ever seen.

16. ItsMyFault

Hope the Kings win tonight also.

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

What a joke of a call.

18. napalm06

It's not a joke anymore.... this Pitt-Philly series is a total travesty. I watched 2 periods yesterday and couldn't believe anything I saw. The pace, the goal-tending, the intensity (lack thereof), the penalties.... what a crazy bad series.

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Bissonnette got the heave-ho for the Coyotes...

20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member