1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] I'll be on talking Rockets tonight at 6:15pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"No Layups" radio show is tonight from 6-7pm on 1560 the Game (1560am), hosted by David Nuno and Raheel Ramzanali. They've asked me to come on at 6:15pm to talk Rockets before tonight's game and the current trade rumors.

You can listen online at http://www.1560thegame.com/ . Would love to have you guys call in (713-439-1560) or post topics/questions in this thread.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thanks for the heads up. Ill be listening. Looking forward to you clearing up the rumors out there. Thanks Clutch!

3. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

nice. sounds good. ill try and listen

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I would like to hear your opinion on why is TMAC seeing Dr.'s located on the moon. It is sure taking a ton of time to get there.

TMAC = STARBURY'ED?

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I think Tmac will pull a Marbury after learning that we were trying to trade him.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Awesome, thanx for the link. I'd call in, but I feel like any question I'd ask would be stupid.

My main question would honestly be, do we have to make a big name trade, ie, get a Carter or an Amare. You think maybe switch out a Ron/Tmac with a Yi/Lopez or a Barbosa, or whatever role player trade might be a better situation. Obviously matching up the contracts might be hard, but honestly I wouldn't necessarily call it a failure as long as we ship out Tmac. Maybe I'm insane...

I'd still love Vinsanity and Yao tho, but Battier is untouchable...

7. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Morey is going to shock the world and land us Caron Butler

8. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

two man questions, imo.

1.) mcgrady situation, who is he visiting? where? the possibility of him trying to cover up something when the MRI showed it's nothing. basically anything more clearer on the "tmac" fiasco would be great.

2.) legitimacy of the trade rumors, carter? amare? someone else? tmac involved? battier/artest just for carter?

thanks!

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I would appreciate, in your ever eloquent words, an understanding of wht is, or might be going on, in the head and heart (sic) of the great talent and enigma which is Tracy McGrady.

I would also like to know what the long range thoughts and plans are of the Rocket organization; this season and going forward. The possible loss of strikability during the great summer of 2010's feeding frenzy.

Regrettably, I will need to hear your answers on the podcast as I will be out of reach of a radio and phone.

Thank you...xiki

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll be listening to it on my blackberry via moodio.

11. rockets018

rockets018 Member

But we would most likely have to give up Artest to get him.

How amazing would it be to trade T-mac, Landry and Head for Butler and some fillers?

Alston
    Artest
    Butler
    Scola
    Yao

SICK lineup

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'll be in the car. Can you ask them why their signal goes bad after 6PM every day? Really annoying.

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

haha, so it's not just me.

I'll be driving listening to it at 5:40 and as it gets darker outside the signal gets worse and worse and eventually goes out.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

DANG going to miss this will have to listen to a podcast later today :(

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My question is given how shaky the Western Conference is looking outside of LA/San Antonio, with Phoenix imploding, New Orleans about to deal Chandler in a move that undoubtedly weakens them, with Denver overachieving and Portland looking beatable: Do we need a blockbuster move? Could we theoretically just "get it together" and make a run with what we have (maybe a minor tweak or two) or should we be dead set on making a big move that shakes things up?

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with regards to the "big move" scenario or just trying to make a smaller move to upgrade the point and rolling with what we have. What do you think?

16. worzel gummidge

Carter a quitter, no heart? Chad Ford has another take:
    “no one predicted that Carter, at the age of 32, would put up All-Star numbers on a rebuilding team. But he has played his heart out and, with Devin Harris, has made the Nets respectable"

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yeah, I was rolling my eyes at the "Carter is a quitter" talk too. Get it over it. It was four years ago. Kobe submarined two NBA Finals teams yet you don't hear people calling him a cancer, quitter or anything of the sort.

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

OH SNAP Clutch said "point forward" :eek:

19. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

i know miller and amare have been discussed. what about any other deals that may be in the works other than VC?

20. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

I have a feeling Morey is gonna try to pull a veteran pg for cash or head, Bobby Jackson style.