1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] I'll be on talking Rockets tonight at 6:15pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 17, 2009.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Sorry I didn't read everything. Shame on me

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

first, you're sleeping on Deke. Second, injuries are a risk period. This trade would help to overcome one big one in Tmac. Third, as well as he has played on offense, Landry has been pretty damn average this year. My argument is that team defense would increase significantly with Hayes playing back-up four.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Clutch also mentioned the organization considers Dorsey a disappointment and wouldn't be surprised if he was moved before the deadline.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I missed it... Any podcast?

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Doresy is not NBA quality, dude needs to work on his fudamentals quick, or none of his atheltic ability will work for him.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

great show. Listened on my blackberry via moodio. Thanks for the links to show us how to do that. moodio is awesome.

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Neither Deke nor Yao have a prayer at playing the 4. Hence, if Hayes or Scola got hurt in this scenario, we're totally hosed.
    And having backups that play better ball than my dead grandmother is how you minimize that risk.

4th Celtics big man: Leon Powe (and they'd like to sign Joe Smith)
    4th Magic big men: Brian Cook/Adonal Foyle
    4th Lakers big men: Luke Walton/Chris Mihm
    4th Spurs big man: Fabricio Oberto
    4th Nuggets big men: Chris Andersen/Renaldo Balkman
    4th Blazers big man: Joel Przybilla/Channing Frye

Rockets, in this scenario: Joey Dorsey and 87-year-old Deke. Great.

Sure, team defense would pick up slightly. Offense would get far worse. Landry can hit 17 footers. Hayes can't hit 5-footers. Not only that, the point is that Landry is very much a legit NBA player. Dorsey is not, as of yet.

8. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

My guess is that is why Boone is rumored to be involved in the deal as well.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Exactly.

I don't understand anyone who's okay with this trade even if we don't get Boone back.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

From this Rocket roster I would be comfortable, even happy, with Battier and/or Artest playing minutes, even major minutes, at the 4.