1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Thornton agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 12, 2015.

?

Do you like the signing of Marcus Thornton to a one-year, vet minimum deal?

1. YES

646 vote(s)
    95.1%
  2. NO

33 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I read some Celtics fans say he played good defense while he was there

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

No way he gets cut, he's easily one of the 10 best players on the team at the moment.

Dorsey, KPap and maybe Prigioni are all more likely

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

1. Beverley
    2. Harden
    3. Ariza
    4. D-Mo
    5. Howard

6. Brewer
    7. T-Jones
    8. Capela
    9. Dekker
    10. Harrell

11. Thorton
    12. N. Johnson
    13. Papa
    14. Dorsey
    15. ?

Unknown: Smoove, McDaniels, Terry, C. Wood

Hopefully Morey trades Dorsey. I think we send C. Wood to the Vipers. Still confident a PG trade is in the near future.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Interesting, he used to be able to light it up. Solid no-risk move.

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Not that familiar with him. Why does he have low games played in a bunch of years? Chronic injuries or not making the rotation?

6. rocketseagles07

I think Dek will be in the d-league for little. I'm cool with thorton/brew off the bench but who the hell is going to play d? Watching brew over commit and go for steals 85% of the time makes me go f'n crazy

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

He should grow a beard and get that team faux hawk.

He is going to FEAST on that corner 3. It's going to be better than Battier corner 3s.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nice bargain pickup, however, this probably means someone else is not coming back.

9. hakeemthagreat

I feel like because some of you unrealistically expect a superstar at every position, you can't appreciate a solid role player like Thornton. Its always "um, don't want. Much rather have [insert unrealistic player/unheard of euro player]". Marcus Thornton is a very good basketball player & solid pick up. No complaints here

2 people like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

A better Jason Terry.

11. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Dorsey is a goner. Papa will likely be traded.

I think Thornton gets put over Dekker or Harrell to start the season. Same with Johnson.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is this Thornton dude really. Heard he had some good scoring games in Sacramento, but who has not?

13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Broken toe in Phoenix. Calf injury in Boston. Calf injury in Brooklyn and also wasn't a major piece of the rotation. He'd be starting in Sacramento still IMO.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Never been a huge MT fan, but he can score and should give us some scoring punch off the bench. For the poster who commented he's a better defender than Jet, he's not. While Jet is old as dirt, who was always a very good defender and although he's dropped off they're not in the same

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm sorry if it wasn't the "splash" you wanted at "first." But I hoped some of you liked the signing. I'm a fan. MT is a killer. Cheaper Monta Ellis with good relationship with James.

Look UNDER the radar. This is under. The MLE is open for..._____.

But MT can handle the Rock. See: RA's old stomping grounds. He played guard.

He will make the rotation.

FYI.

We're not done. And again, RA is the ghost of us. I don't know how, but the man knew talent.

Unless someone agrees to take Dorsey for Ty, he's not coming.

We're building chemisTRY.

Say goodbye to Dorsey...the booze could be flowing. DWill knows about Texas's tax. So does anther former scum of a salty lake.

Vegas was awesome today.

You want a 4 sharp shooter? He's there. Just LOOK. Winning is more than the money and a bird is squawking too much lol.

Peace.

PS....Horny is failing...just like that stupid face wipe at the free throw line.

I'm done...basketball killed me today.

Cod

1 person likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is as direct as Codman ever gets. :) Boozer could replace Dorsey. We know Rockets had serious interest in Boozer if he had cleared amnesty waivers last summer, so I could definitely see it. McHale likes him.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My favorite part. I am a big fan of doing anything and everything to keep Harden content.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Holy t*** codman has ED

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Dwight. Capela. Dmo. Jones. Boozer?
    If that's the case then definitely no Smith. I don't see enough minutes for all those folks. I'm assuming Capela will have a solid amount of back up minutes this year.
    I'd really like us to keep Smith though.

Harrell will be mostly in D-league, won't get minutes this year unless we suffer a lot from injuries. Nick Johson had a pretty good summer league last year but that didn't mean any floor time.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I can see him on the floor with Harden. Not saying he is our answer at pg but he could be our third string pg with Harden on the floor.

Let's face it Harden was our pg with Terry and mostly Bev. So I think it could work well for stretches.

Thornton is a volume shooter who knows how to get his shot off better than Terry.

Great signing for minimum and really good signing anyway you look at it. Get us a true pg thru trade and we are set.