1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. ibm

ibm Member

cavs with a big 3 model and 2 of the big 3 out. still a long long shot to win the title.

but,,, if somehow the cavs pulls off a win for game 3, things will get interesting.

cant think of any rationale, but sometimes i feel whoever wins game 3 wins the series.

cant wait for tomorrow night...

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Last night was one of Lebron's best games ever...he was remarkable. But that is unfortunately what it will take..the rest of the series. Lebron has to play like this every game in order for them to shock the NBA and win this series...and it would be arguably Lebron's greatest accomplishment ever. He has to avg a triple double and drop 35 plus every night...

I just dont know if one player can do it anymore in this league. You have to have help. Curry had an awful night yesterday, but they were still in it...it just goes to show you how much help Curry truly has...

Anyways shall see how things turn out in Cleveland...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Stephen Curry Has Shot Very Poorly Since That Nasty Fall in Houston

Stephen Curry endured his worst shooting night of the NBA season in Game 2 of the NBA Finals, missing 18 of 23 shots, including just 2-of-15 on three-pointers, and his Warriors were stunned at home by the Cavs in overtime. Curry shot an airball with Golden State down one in the final :10, and then turned the ball over right before the final buzzer.

The media is hyping Matthew Dellavedova as the main reason for Curry’s struggles, but the shooting woes are actually deeper than that. Since Curry took this nasty spill in Game 4 against Houston, he hasn’t looked like the MVP.

Game 2, Cleveland: 5-for-23 FG, 2-for-15 on 3FG
    Game 1, Cleveland: 10-for-20 FG, 2-for-6 on 3FG
    Game 5, Houston: 7-for-21 FG, 3-for-11 on 3FG
    Game 4, Houston (post-injury): 4-for-9 FG, 3-for-4 on 3FG

Field goal shooting: 26-of-73, 35.6%
    3-Point shooting: 10-of-36, 27%

They are way off his regular season numbers of 48% from the field and 44% on 3-pointers.

Just a rancid three-game stretch? Tired legs approaching Game 100 of the season (Golden State is 80-19)? Or could Curry still have some lingering effects from the fall in Houston?[/rQUOTEr]

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

During the national anthem he was looking SHAKY, lol

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Not suprised, media is gonna make excuses and discredit whoever is playing against their beloved warriors. That's why I'm so sick of this stupid team, never seen the national media love up on a team so much.

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

The warriors definitely not doing good job here. For two straight games they let lebron to start hot, though he eventually cool down late in the game due to fatigue or whatever reason, and build early lead for the cavs. And the result 1-1.
    If u think they don't need any adjustments, I don't know what to say.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

the agenda is to market curry. the media giveth, and media taketh away.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

He wants to win a title without a star... have that on his resume, because everyone says he needs stars... He wants this one more than anything, especially in Cleveland back 1st yr... I've never rooted for him in finals but this year I am because of the story behind this one.

9. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I've never seen the media hype up a team this much. Even the Miami Heat (besides ESPN) didn't get this much praise. The heat were constantly dissected and criticized.

The only team that deserves that kind of treatment is the Spurs for their accomplishments and true team basketball.

10. ibm

ibm Member

but but san antonio doesnt sound as sexy as south beach or bay area. :cool:

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The fact that he was like 5'9 124lbs in high school trying to make it. He won MVP for a reason. He and his team might win the championship. Your hateful obsession over Curry is both unwarranted and mentally unhealthy. You are a sadistic hateful person to overlook the facts of why he's getting exposure. And you are a medical doctor in training? Please don't touch or go near people that need help because you don't need to be around people with that type of mindset.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given Curry's injury, if LeBron wins a championship, does it come with an asterisk*?

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's interesting. Lebron could end up shooting better at home; same with Smith.

And the Warriors totally wasted an amazing game from K. Thompson. He won't get too much hotter than that.

14. ibm

ibm Member

as long as it's not rockets' title, they'd all come with an *...

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Uh, I know that wasn't directed at me, but lighten up. People who notice the league and ESPN shoving Curry down our throats are not "hateful," or "sadistic" (LOL). We're just calling it like we see it, and the worship has been over the top (for most of us). I even used to cheer for the guy, but enough already. Stories about practice, about his family, on and on. Definitely different than when a certain soft-spoken soccer player from Africa was the best player in the league.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm thinking Lebron should have probably finished ahead of Harden in the MVP voting.

Harden is lucky to have one 40+ point game in the playoffs. Lebron can do it every night.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

he had 2, but anyway, who cares? It's regular season MVP. If it were playoff MVP Blake Griffin would be up there (and Paul Pierce, lol).

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Well Curry is one of those regular/normal sized people that grew just a bit taller and added dimension to his game to become a pro nba player. It's not like he was supposed to make it. Guys like Hakeem and Lebron with their stature and natural physical gifts are something else to behold entirely. I really don't see the exposure you guys speak of. I mainly don't like the fact that GSW got away with so many fouls and possessions that sealed the Conference Finals when the Rox should have won the first 2 games with both taken into account.

So you don't see how it was kind of sadistic the way MD_In_Training posted? It is just a game with some media exposures now that the Rox are no longer in the spotlight. Let it all go.

19. MD_in_Training

Lol, you're a funny child. You should go back to your basement and just stare at your wall of Curry posters. When did I say I hate Curry? I couldn't give two s*** about him. I'm annoyed at the unbridled media attention he gets without having done anything. There's an MVP every year, and there are championship teams every year. He's not special. He was never an underdog. He was a lottery pick and got tons of exposure in college. He grew up the son of an NBA player so he isn't a rags to riches story. Curry is a good player and is the best player on a great team - nothing more. The overwhelming media coverage is just too much.

20. MD_in_Training

Do you even know what sadistic means? Please highlight which of my statements is "sadistic."