1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Warriors just had a slack game. They took the Cavs lightly because Irving was out, didn't worry too much about scoring because they figured they wouldn't be in a high scoring game.

I'll be shocked if they lose again. 4-1 Warriors.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

BobbytheJopatmacAholic has barely paid attention to the NBA in his life. He just talks crap about everything.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did you watch how Dellavedova nearly shut him down or better say defended him very well?

Give him credit alright? I am not saying they will do it every game but Warriors are not unbeatable.

The Cavs have the surprise effect because they are not in the West and Warriors do not have to play them 4 times a year.

4. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

so the 2 extra games make you comfortable? even if that was the case this is a different cavs team now without kyrie and love. they are a top 5 lottery team lead by an all-time great.

5. gogispade

gogispade Member

sick performance by lebron :O

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not really. Why should I be comfortable? I am no fan of GSW and no fan of the Cavs...

I like Lebron better than Curry. That is all. And I wish the Cavs make it a close series.

What is wrong with that?

7. rocketsmetalspd

IF Lebron can some how get this Chip it will one of the greatest things to Witness:grin: Even with Lebron being a Superstar Curry gets all the calls so far in this series, for some reason the league really wants to see the Warriors win the Chip. Warriors get away with a lot moving screens, grabbing, and what the heck hack away at opposing drives to the basket.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The scary thing is he is 1-1 and he's been shooting terribly... what happens when he shoots 50%? 50% FG percentage in Game 1 would amount to a 2-0 lead going back to Cleveland.
    LeBron hasn't really caught on fire yet. Klay has, Steph has, but LeBron hasn't.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Forgettable finals you say???

10. MD_in_Training

Yeah, I honestly am perplexed by the lack of awareness for GSW's moving screens. I swear... at least 30-40% of their open threes are due to moving screens. Idk why the Cavs aren't going apesh** over this.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Their luck at drawing injured teams in every round is a fluke. And the thing about the Warriors that always had me doubting them heading into the postseason(aside from a lack of experience) is that they're a jumpshooting team. Historically, those kinds of ballclubs don't win NBA titles.

Look at every recent champion and they had at least one player they could throw the ball into in the post when they needed a bucket. The Spurs with Duncan. The Lakers with Kobe and Gasol. The Heat with Bosh and LeBron. The Celtics with Garnett. The Mavs with Dirk. Even that Pistons team in 2004 had Rasheed Wallace and an aging Elden Campbell.

The Warriors have been incredibly good at shooting jumpers all year long, but when they've run into opponents in the playoffs who can guard them on the perimeter(Memphis and Cleveland), suddenly they look like a mediocre offensive team. I don't know if the Cavs can maintain this level of defense while finding enough scoring to eek out 3 more victories, but I don't think Golden State is this unstoppable juggernaut some folks are making them out to be. At least not in the postseason.

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I went from Not caring about lebron in 07 to disliking him in 10 for joining forces with a superteam and now I find myself rooting for him more than ever. First, I hate the fairy tale golden state warriors and second LBJ is a one man show out there. He's playing the hardest basketball I've ever seen him play, how can you not root for him? Meanwhile baby face steph curry is prancing around jacking up 3s playing pick up ball and has the luxery of a stacked cast around him.

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

OMG I know, I actually liked him going into the WCF but All I hear from him now is "Curry for 3...got it!!"

14. MD_in_Training

It's not even about who's "getting calls" from one game to the next - though GSW were obviously the ones "getting the calls" last night. The issue is a more structural inequality that Golden State gets, which is the NBA's reluctance to recognize moving screens. Everyone does moving screens, which is probably why they aren't being called, but GSW is not only doing it more often and more blatantly, but due to their shooters, they are benefiting from it significantly more.

15. PeppermintCandy

Yeah the finals became interesting again. The greatest player of this generation suddenly thrust into a classic beat-the-odds underdog role.

I've disliked his taking his talents to South Beach, and then his going back home spiel. But much respect if he somehow pulls off this upset.

16. jlwee

jlwee Member

Lazy to looks at the stats but lebron has been shooting terrible this playoffs, probably worst in his career and his fg% this season also the worst since his rookie season. Don't expect him to shooting 50% in the next few games cause the Warriors will adjust and play tougher defense on him these coming games.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Warriors complain way too much when they clearly foul

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So now the Warriors have finally figured out that the Cavs are going to give the ball to LeBron?

CODE CRACKED

19. frontline94

frontline94 Member

Strangely satisfying

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Go Big (in the Lineup) or Go Home!

American Antlers