1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron and his lack of foul calls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden and Durant do the same thing. Harden goes in putting his hands out there so people will hit it. Durant does his rip through move. At least Lebron is trying to go to the hoop and make a bucket.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think there is some truth to this, but Lebron is also a major offensive foul machine. He uses his off-hand or lowers his shoulder to bully his way through people. He's a tough call most of the time.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden got murdered all playoffs long and didn't get the proper whistles........ OP has a short memory or didn't watch the games.

4. Mr. Space City

he does get called for offensive fouls more than most superstars.

other than charges, when lebron puts his head down and drives there is very little a defense can do to stop him from scoring other than fouling him.

so many times in the playoffs i've seen him get slapped on the arms or hit on his head for the refs to swallow their whistles while a jumpshooter like durant gets 9+ FTA a game because someone breathed on him from outside the arena smh.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Refs rig games for $$$

6. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

He is saying Curry came from money guys... trust me.

7. Mr. Space City

what's the point in being strong if you can't use your strength?

these bogus calls on dwight for bullying in the paint are ridiculous, especially
    when shaq was able to do the same.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

you simply cannot let that call go, yes he should've been called for a travel but that was the most explicit, blatant hack across the arm ive seen in recent memory that wasnt called.

ref was 3 meters away and just swallowed his whistle.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Stop being such a rockets homer. James Harden LEADS all the players in the entire NBA in free throws attempted in the playoffs. He has 50 more FTA than lebron despite playing just one more game. Harden probably benefits more from the whistle than any player in the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Are you saying that one team is more urbanized than the other?

11. Mr. Space City

funny thing is harden gets fouled more times than he actually does.

the problem with harden is it seems as if he looks for free throws almost every time down the floor.

if it was up to harden he would go to the line 20-30 times a game.

i have no doubt the league hates this and refs hate it too so they swallow their whistles during the playoffs because they know fans are gonna flip.

just look how everybody complained about wade in the 2006 finals.

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

Not true at all. Does he get hacked sometimes, sure..BUT so does Harden. LeBron went to the line 18 times last night. Were there some missed calls? Yeah I think so. Even with Harden there are usually a couple of missed calls during the game, cause refs might not want him to go to the line so much.

Also, LeBron doesn't attack the basket nearly as much as he used to or as Harden for that matter.

And you know what:
    LeBron gets away with blatant travels a lot and when he attacks the basket he pushes off more than anyone i can think of. Its not even a slight push off, the guy fully extends his arm to create space to operate...If other players did that, you can bet that they would be called for an offensive foul. Harden gets called for such offensive fouls every now and then and he doesn't push off nearly as much, at least he doesn't fully extend his arms to create space.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

First thing I saw was the travel. it was just a shuffle, he took a lot of steps, but they will only call that on MOZGOV.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Of all the super stars in the LEAGUE it has to be DWIGHT HOWARD. He gets no calls ever.

He touches someone its a FLAGRANT.
    He looks at someone its a Technical.
    He breathes on someone its an offensive foul.
    Dude gets no respect from the officials, so he resorts to retaliating and picking up dumb fouls.

If they reffed LEBRON like they ref Dwight. He would get called for 6 offensive fouls in the first quarter.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

i cant believe this dude still has a job. I think he was the ref that missed the foot long scratch Yao was sporting for a month

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Seems like last night was just a matter of a crew that didn't call many fouls. They were letting quite a bit of contact go on both teams.

17. ibm

ibm Member

lebron travels quite often throughout his career. and in this year's playoffs he uses his offhand to push off defenders quite a bit (i guess he's starting to see a bit decline in terms of his physical strength).

that said, there is still no excuse whatsoever not to call that iggy hack. either call a travel or a foul. not calling one doesnt make not calling the other right, either way. just tells you how terrible the nba refs can be.

18. Mr. Space City

a lot of superstars travel. it's just lebron has this legion of internet haters that scrutinize and make vine videos for every single time it happens.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

I laughed when saw replay and his "8 step no travel", Iggy fouled him tho. Also there was a foul against James during jump-ball when I believe Green just put his hand on his shoulder...

Aniway, he complains a lot and gets away with no technicals, nor his traveling and offensive fouls are called, at all.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That ref looked like a completely clueless zombie just standing there watching that Lebron play. It seems like a pretty basic call that Lebron changed his pivot foot and traveled. But, the missed hack was just unforgiveable. I would have fired him on the spot.