1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Beavis Stiffler

Here are some highlights from Japan's G-1 Climax. These videos might be taken down. I recommend watching it ASAP.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NLGK67rJnmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VJp9zHH8OCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HYohJf7QgQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-kFiDlvGbrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I49ewmiA5H0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Judging from a Paul Heyman interview I just read, seems like Punk is 100% dedicated too MMA.

Lesnar should get a super long run so plan C-M-Punk can take effect even though he'll probably drop it too Reigns or Bryan

3. Beavis Stiffler

I don't have the WWE Network so I can't follow what's going on in NXT but I'm hearing that Eva Marie had a bad performance in her NXT match. The fans were crapping on her. I think it's better for her to not wrestle and just be a manager/valet just like what Lana is doing.

The same can be said for Alberto Del Rio. He can return to fighting in mixed martial arts. His win-loss record is not bad, 9 wins and 5 defeats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Del_Rio#Mixed_martial_arts

Del Rio has a good ground game, more of a grappler/submission fighter. He just needs to work on his striking.

4. SuraGotMadHops

He had done MMA fights in the past while wearing his luchadore mask.

5. Beavis Stiffler

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha.</p>&mdash; Coach (@CMPunk) <a href="https://twitter.com/CMPunk/statuses/498897856556982272">August 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Beavis Stiffler

Had no idea they are celebrating Hulk Hogan's birthday today.

7. Beavis Stiffler

That crowd popped when Dean Ambrose got out of the big present/gift box.

Just realized it's in Portland. :/

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

What was this about?

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Everything Steph does is gold lately. She knows how to get heat

This is great

10. Beavis Stiffler

I can't believe Jack Swagger is getting the push and Cesaro is not. Smh.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They messed up trying to turn Cesaro heel when he was getting baby face type pops.

And I'm not sure anyone expected Swagger to get the pop for beefing with Rusev. It was genius to put those two together tho. Rusev still needs to win the US Belt to make this feud even more legit tho

12. Beavis Stiffler

Red and Yellow (throwback Rockets colors) >>>>> Black and White

13. Beavis Stiffler

Dammit. I wanted Sting to show up.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey yo! :grin:

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did Heyman call himself Brock's "advocating Jew" or did I hear that one wrong?

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He said that. He was trying to stylize it like a John Cena rap.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Paul Heyman can sell just about anything.

Lesnar/Cena is going to be hard to watch.

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

They could be 137 years old and I'll mark out every time. My favorite stable ever.

[​IMG]

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

My opinion of Hogan has been steadily going down over the last decade. You have to acknowledge everything he did for the industry, and his name is synonymous with wrestling, but I don't remember him doing anything that I was genuinely interested in since he put over Goldberg. If he had gone away for a while and then came back it would be an event, but he always seems to be around.

Frankly most of his segments are hard too watch. Same with Nash, and don't get me started on druggie.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This term applies to like 95% of all wrestlers from that time period, hall has come a long way it seems.

I also think you are off base on Hogan, I mean i was born in 95 so my only memories of him live are from his 2002-2003 run but from what i remember he was always getting a reaction and i was always entertained.