1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah don't know what's happening with Cesaro. He seemed like he was about to get a big push. But he's just been getting buried lately.

I wonder if he's on his way out

2. Beavis Stiffler

I hope the WWE does not misuse Kenta and his talents, he's one of the best wrestlers in the business today.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bElFGugdbA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2MlbBwzy67s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qVZB0yqS-s0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bGhQ2XqjVog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A3VSQHbu10o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Beavis Stiffler

The WWE also signed Kevin Steen. He's currently in NXT, he will get at least a name change, I don't know if he's getting a new gimmick. I don't pay attention too much on news, rumors, and dirt sheets. I just can't wait to see him and Sami Zayn (aka El Generico) in the ring again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hx2KC0hKH98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ak1LX4XE2S4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6-m9UW4lTNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Just watched RAW. I love this Dean Ambrose guy.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I talked about Cesaro having to water down his moveset, 90% of the stuff Kevin Steen does will have to be abandoned, plus he has that extremely un-WWE look. I think it's gonna be an uphill battle for him.

Kenta I worry less about. Even if he doesn't develop the character to become a superstar, a Chris Benoit super worker type is his worst case scenario IMO. I think WWE really wants him to succeed to have that marketable japanese guy, and getting the higher ups to like you is 90% of the battle.

With all of this technical talent Zayn, Kenta, and guys already there like Rollins, Cesaro, Ziggler and hopefully Bryan can come back, I would hope the WWE will ease up and let these guys show how great wrestling can be. Right now the WWE can make a legitimate claim to having the best wrestlers in the world. I doubt it though, they don't wanna make their bodybuilders look bad.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

-Some of this is a safety issue. Some of these brain busters and piledrivers look like spine injuries and concussion waiting to happen.

- As I said before, I wonder if they will make Kenta into a comedy jobber, which is pretty much all Vince ever does with Japanese wrestlers.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

INDEEEEEEED!

1 person likes this.
  9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's not 1999 anymore.

Rey Mysterio, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, RVD, Chris Jericho, etc have all been wwe/world champions. Guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro will all get there.

I don't believe the glass ceiling really exists. If a guy can go, he's going to get pushed. The Cesaro thing is overblown too. He lost matches too Ambrose and the IC #1 contender but looked strong and dominated a good amount of those matches.

10. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h6NSyx-JYZo?list=UUxVwSpuTToZR0gN2sWv5BWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Del Rio is out

12. Beavis Stiffler

I think he might make a return to Triple-A Lucha Libre or CMLL in Mexico.

[​IMG]

He could also go overseas and wrestle for New Japan Pro Wrestling. There are a lot of great talent over there.

13. Beavis Stiffler

The Dudley Boys put Dixie Carter (TNA owner) through a table.

[​IMG]

I still prefer the Dudleys putting Trish Stratus through a table at Backlash 2000 as the best table moment from the Dudley Boys. Now if the WWE has a set and can let someone put Stephanie McMahon through a table, that would be incredible and everyone will mark out crazy.

14. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

My vote goes to Mae Young for best table bomb.

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Dude, AAA is launching in the USA as a new wrestling company. If Del Rio goes to AAA, there is NO DOUBT he would be part of the USA version.

I don't think is a good enough worker to go to New Japan.

16. itony

itony Member

what if cm punk comes back? they can't both have the same finisher!

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Yep. Mae was the real deal taking that bump at her age.

18. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pTmdiF0johw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In today's WWE, who do you wish which diva will be put through a table? Paige, Lana, Stephanie, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Naomi, Cameron, Summer Rae, Eva Marie, any NXT diva, etc.?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2K5F6xG-Rbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2BI7WPaQs5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unless.......if someone puts AJ Lee through a table then I think Punk will return :grin:

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That was more like a sarcastic never ever.