1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fwiw, Cena will be out for awhile since he doing 2 movies at the moment

2. RedRaiderRocket

Perfect time to bring back Sting if that is the direction they are going vs Brock.

3. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Sting vs. Brock Lesnar? You do know that Sting is 55 years old right? Sting making a comeback vs Brock is just not good either way. Not believable, it'd be a terrible match.

Sting should only return for spectable matches like vs. Taker or something.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Guys, guys...you know Cena is going to win it back...he always does.

He'll be out for a month then come back out of nowhere to confront Brock and it will all be a lead up for a Wrestlemania rematch for the title.

This will all be interspersed with montages of Cena doing some psycho type training and eating his vitamins to prepare for Brock brotha!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think it looks like that this would be the direction that they go. They invested all this time building up Brock-- a guy with who has a limited # of appearances under contract-- as the biggest monster in the WWE. It wouldn't make any sense for them to have him lose just a month later at a relatively minor PPV. Given his contract, I am not sure it makes sense for him to work the next PPV at all instead of just having Heyman comes out and talk.

It would make more sense for the WWE to have Lesnar keep on rampaging through the roster squashing guys until some important hero rises up and defeat him at a big stage.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

Man I was kinda disappointing when they made the stipulation a lumberjack match but boy did all those guys deliver. Very entertaining match.

Lesnar demolishing Cena was good to see, glad they gave the rightful respect to the streak and showcased Brock as a monster. Gonna be tough to find anyone that can pin him right now, unless someone steps up in the next few months the only realistic way for him to lose the title is to have a 3 way where he doesn't get pinned.

I like Reigns but he needs to improve his mic and singles matches if he is the "next in line" to beat Brock (whether it's the Rumble or Mania 31).

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Reigns is starting to lose the momentum he's built up. Orton was getting much better pops then Reigns last night. They need to be careful and try not to push him too fast or he will experience the type of backlash the Rock got early in his career

8. Progs

Progs Member

Reigns needs more polishing. Bryan still doesn't have much feeling in one of his arms so the choices are pretty much Batista, Orton(face) or the aforementioned Reigns if they decide to push him harder.

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

This would be the perfect time for CM Punk to return, too bad thats not happening.

I really wish they wouldn't have completely killed Cesaro's momentum as a Cesaro/Brock feud would be entertaining and a perfect opportunity to turn Cesaro face.

10. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

If only CM Punk was still here...could have a chance to have a Best vs Beast type thing again like at summerslam '13 and for the title. That would be a perfect Mania 31 main event IMO Maybe VKM begs him to comeback by Rumble to full get the main event he deserves. Wishful thinking though...

11. Progs

Progs Member

Agree. If CM Punk were to return it'd be great. I'm assuming Cena gets his rematch soon because he is filming two movies back to back.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

that Brock/Punk match from last year Summerslam was an amazing match.....

if Punk comes back, this would be the perfect time.....

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nobody would love to see Punk come back more than me, but I think he's done. At least for the foreseeable future.

I really want to like Reigns, but as a performer he is really bad. I'm surprised Orton didn't hurt himself carrying him last night. It was so bad Orton was being cheered because it was glaringly obvious who was doing the work. I think they need to pull back on the Reigns push, because you can already feel him starting to get Cena heat. Let him grow a little more organically.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Roman Reigns is the Chandler Parsons of wrestling: a handsome guy who did a nice job as a role player who is now resented after getting a push into what is perceived to be a bigger spot than he is able to handle.

1 person likes this.
  15. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea and his weaknesses are really showing themselves with how Rollins and Ambrose are both thriving. Ambrose has really come into his own and is my favorite guy to watch now.

16. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Early Mania 31 Match Card Predictions:

Sting vs. Taker - Retirement Match

Hogan vs. Cena Legend vs Legend

Randy Orton vs. The Rock

Brock vs. Roman Reigns WWE Championship Match

Bray Wyatt vs Dean Ambrose - Street Fight

Andre Battle Royal (Big Show wins)

Fatal Fourway Womens Title AJ Lee vs Paige vs Naomi vs Natalya

Triple H/Stephanie vs. Bryan/Brie

Dolph Ziggler vs. Antonio Cesaro US/IC Title Unification Ladder Match

17. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

"Has improved his swing by dropping his elbow."

1 person likes this.
  18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is Bray Wyatt near enough his peak that he should get a title shot? He's good enough on the mic to build up a match without a title being on the line, but he can't be creating feuds all year long.

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This was great on so many levels. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWE?src=hash">#WWE</a> <a href="https://t.co/ptVDMg34QM">https://t.co/ptVDMg34QM</a></p>&mdash; Mike (@Northside_Mike) <a href="https://twitter.com/Northside_Mike/statuses/501529907756036096">August 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The new belt looks so dumb to me, i was hoping they would bring back the undisputed belt or at least something similar.