1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Pondering Teams After Contract

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyntil8ing, Jul 29, 2014.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If Durant leaves OKC, they'll be a doormat for a long time.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nothing's wrong with it. But there are reasons to like other teams better.

If I were an NBA player, as a native Houstonian, I'd love to play for Houston, although some players avoid that situation because you might have major suckup (or) crazy relatives always with their hands out.

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Lies, they will be good for 1 more year after durant leaves. AND THEN they will become go into tank mode.

4. NotChandlerParsons

What is with this article title. There's absolutely nothing in there that suggests Washington. Just about the only thing he suggests is that he might not return to OKC, which is something smart to say even if you 100% want to return because otherwise their cheap arse ownership might try to short change you.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That's nothing but sensationalist reporting. "Durant feels tug to return home to Washington" can apparently be deduced from "some people speculatively tweeted about Durant to Washington" and "Durant said that's a long time away, let's worry about this year first."

The increase of long-term speculative reporting based on nothing is getting to be a real annoyance.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I think I’d rather just let the remainder of the summer be quiet than have the remainder of the summer be filled with two-years-away rumors.</p>&mdash; Dan Devine (@YourManDevine) <a href="https://twitter.com/YourManDevine/statuses/494475479152201728">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Pflanns">@Pflanns</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/YourManDevine">@YourManDevine</a> I say we take a step further. Where is Wiggins going to go on his third NBA contract? Who has cap space in 2023?</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/494475894854254592">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

If anybody will develop a Kobe-like mentality (works really hard, is hard on teammates), it seems like WB is the best candidate.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would trade him right now if I were the owner and I was unwilling to pay luxury tax to improve the team further. His value is super high. He has no leverage. Chances of him leaving are at least 50-50.

They can get Kevin Love and Zach Lavine right now. Westbrook and Ibaka can't move for 3 years.

It's going to get messy for them. Next summer they'll be in Minnesota's position. The following summer they'll be in Miami's position. I'd rather take a small hit in talent than to weather the storm of him leaving.

8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

no Malaka. You simply don't trade Kevin Durant. You operate as if you have a 2-year window to win a championship. Your chances to win a chip are better with Durant than without him so trading him away just to prolong your relevance is ridiculous.

However, if Durant does just pick up and leave [in 2016], I wouldn't be opposed to logic that has Westbrook and/or ibaka traded for unproven potential and picks.

9. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Dude they're a legit contending team for the next 2 year. Only reason I see him leaving is if they don't get it done.

10. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

None of the quotes in that article imply that Durant wants to go to Washington. Basically all he did was not commit to staying in OKC in 2 years.

12. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

I think people are talking about the "home" element waaaay too much with Durant. Obviously if he wins a title in the next 2 years, he's staying in okc.

If he doesn't win in that time, there will be one objective in his mind:

CHAMPIONSHIPS

Going into the 2016-2017 season Durant will be 28, and he will need to win pretty quickly.

The wizards have a pretty compelling case, being in the east and having wall and beal.

IMO the rockets have a much better case than them. Don't get me wrong, beal and wall are great, but they're more B level stars.

Harden will be entering his prime at that time, and it will be 2 probably top 5ish players teaming up together, similar to lebron and wade. Dwight will be in a bit of decline, but still a good defender and finisher.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The Rockets almost traded Olajuwon prior to championships..scary

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lmao, you're funny.

15. NotChandlerParsons

They are a lottery team without him IMO. And the chances of any team ever getting a player as good as Durant are pretty slim.

He inexplicably seems to like living in OKC and playing for Scotty Brooks. I'd try to keep him.

16. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I feel like he'd have a better chance of winning stay in OKC and taking less money along with Westbrook. They could simply just add a third star(Ibaka isn't a third star)

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree.

Enough. With. This

Stop giving these people clicks. Can we at least speculate who may win the NBA title next season?

18. NotChandlerParsons

They already had one. Pretty clear they aren't willing to pay.

19. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Oh you mean like Harden?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Too bad Presti hates fat shooting guards.