1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant Pondering Teams After Contract

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyntil8ing, Jul 29, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If this is true and another team can only offer him ~$140-150 million, that should be enough to keep KD in OKC.

I hadn't really thought about the increased gap between what OKC can pay him vs. other teams.

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

And that state income tax. Get it done Morey!

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

KD can get the $200M from another team if he forces OKC to trade him this year or next-- before his contract expires. This is what Melo did.

#103 Carl Herrera, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I doubt the extra year will bother him that much at his age with his nike contract.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

clint?? hahaha

as a matter of fact, dwight??? hahahaha

6. kemah

kemah Member

Maybe KD is breaking down but any team will still take him and give him max of course. I always assume that the Rockets are just one team he would be interested in because him and Harden are so tight.

7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why are you trolling? There is no way Dwight stays in the rotation next year.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin Durant: &quot;I'm one of those guys that would love to stick it out with one team my whole career.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/v5rt1JfgmZ">http://t.co/v5rt1JfgmZ</a></p>&mdash; Royce Young (@royceyoung) <a href="https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/583112013003374592">April 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. HTM

HTM Member

saying stuff like that ^ makes it so much worse if he does leave

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hmm well to be honest considering his foot injury I'm not that hot on getting him now. Have there been cases of players who recovered enough from these kinds of major season ending injuries? The only one I can remember is Asik, other players like D Rose, Brandon Roy, Amare, etc. were never really the same again after their injury.

11. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I think he is saying this because he knows how serious his foot problems are and he knows he is on the decline and wants to make the most guaranteed money he can before its to late and OKC can give him the most guaranteed years

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Michael Jordan had a pretty scary broken foot in the 1986 season and fully recovered... It's not the same bone as Durant's current injury but it was the same as Yao's, and it turned out much worse than initially expected, Jordan missed like 64 games (instead of the ~25 mentioned in the first article below), the concern was the possibility of reinjury ruining his career. Luckily for Jordan he wasn't as big as Yao so it was just a one time deal (that's a big concern with Durant). I know there are some articles where Jordan recalled them holding him out even though he thought he was ready.

Here are some links: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-11-05/sports/8503160399_1_bulls-success-cat-scan-bone

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixers/?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=265759691

Anyway this is probably the worst example since Jordan was superhuman but this is typically overlooked by a lot of people, because it could have really changed the NBA landscape. I think most times serious foot/knee injuries can be extremely detrimental to players. Anyway, hopefully Durant makes a full recovery.

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Just because he has sustained a season ending injury doesn't imply that he will suffer the same fate as those players you listed. They all had drastically different injuries than KD. D Rose tore his ligaments in his knee. Roy didn't have any cartilage in his knee. Amare didn't really suffer a serious injury in his career. He has had knee problems for the last couple of years, but that's about it. Amare's game was always based on his athleticism, and once he passed his athletic peak, he lost a lot of his influence on the court.

KD broke his foot and had complications from the surgery. There could obviously be long term impacts from this whole situation, but there's reason to believe that he'll be back and will play at the same level we're used to seeing him perform at.

14. what

what Member

april fools, b****es

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hah, man that'd be the biggest troll job ever.

16. JazzLakerHater

Man I hope Harden never chooses to become a free agent. I don't need all the stress worrying over whether or not he would stay or leave.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors to 'go hard' after Durant

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Maybe its Milwaukee. Don't they play in a "Bay Area. Or it could be Tampa Bay.. what, they don't have a team?

Why not just say Warriors?

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member