1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have signed Jeff Adrien

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is a good deal. He puts up numbers when he gets minutes and plays hard. I remember many of us thinking he was a poor man's Carl Landry the first time around.

2. treeman

treeman Member

Lots of joking going on in this thread, but I like this one. It's 1 year, vet min, no real downside. The dude is tough, decent defender, and efficient around the basket. Good rebounder. He will get some minutes and definitely makes us tougher defensively. We still need some scoring off the bench, but at least they won't leak like a sieve this year. You gotta admit, our bench often was painful to watch last year.

These are the sorts of guys you fill the bench with. 1-2 more additions and we are going to be just fine this year.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

What's Josh Powell's status? Anyone know?

4. CertifiedTroll

Clarence Whitherspoon signing on the horizon, sources say.

5. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Boki! Boki! Boki! Boki!

Nachbar is on the loose!

Bring it back!

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I gave a dollar and got called out for it by Clutch haha. Didn't mean to offend him, but I did. I'll be donating soon. Finances have settled after having our first little one. If $20 doesn't get you contributing status, try maybe $50? I wish there was a guideline, too.

On to the topic at hand ... Jeff Adrien and Joey Dorsey are not playmakers. This team is in dire need of at least one other playmaker in the starting lineup. Really we need one off the bench as well.

With all these big men acquisitions, I'm thinking one of Dragic, Bledsoe or Rondo will end up in Houston. Moreso, one of the guards from Phoenix. Terrence Jones is likely the main piece from the rockets. He'd be a true power forward for them after losing Frye

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Might as well sign Greg Smith next.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

OK, it's time to fire Morey!!!!

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Remind me of those crap players signed last year, no one could stand up in playoffs.
    Morey, please stop to do this!!!!

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Don't think he'll be a regular rotation player, but solid pickup.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Missed out on Bosh and Parsons?

Whatever.... we still got the D-league all-star team.

12. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Why don't we pick up Patric Young?

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To the best of my knowledge, with $20 dollars you're golden. In fact, count on it. Congratulations with the little one! I've got one out of college and doing great, and our daughter's starting college this fall, and it's out of town. We'll have the house to ourselves again! You've got all the stuff we've managed to pull off ahead of you. Good luck!

(uh, what was the topic again?)

Oh, right. Yes, we desperately need an honest to god point guard. Any one of the 3 you mentioned would have me jumping up and down, going crazy.

14. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Morey just throwing **** at the wall...

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

really? Did not see Dmo rebounding like that. 11 rebounds, 12 rebounds?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I say "defender" and you focus on rebounding, interesting. 8.5 rebounds per 36 isn't great, but there's more to defense than rebounding. For example Terrence Jones posted a slightly better 9.1 rebounds per 36 minutes, but was a far worse defender. Patrick Beverley was an abysmal rebounder, yet he was one of the best defenders on the team.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Defensive rebounding is one aspect of Defense and we were talking about their games - D and Offense.

Spare minutes until they trade for a big guy anyway. This is just a filling.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, however even if we lock up a starting PF, we'd still need a backup C and as of now, that's Motiejunas. If we get a backup C, we'd still need a backup PF and as long as Jones can hold on to the starting job, that's Motiejunas.

19. Trip

Trip Member

He seemed to be doing a lot of posturing and attempting to look menacing after a big dunk in those highlights even though his team was always getting blown out. Looks quite impressive in those videos though, he can catch a pass and has quite a long reach, a frontcourt of Ariza/Adrien/Howard would be quite a defensive juggernaut.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

who cares that much. I want Millsap, Ilyasova, Love or Al Jefferson.

I am sure we will get a good PF in the future.