1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have signed Jeff Adrien

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, he has nothing at all to worry about from Adrien or Dorsey, those guys are end of the bench types that will only see the court during pre-season and in blowouts. Dorsey could potentially see the court a little more than that though. Adrien might not even make it out of campe.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you make a contribution to the Tip Jar, whatever you feel like contributing, you get to edit and other things. Also, you get to support the BBS and help Clutch. Link below! :)-

http://www.clutchfans.net/tipjar.cfm

PS: It can take a while for Clutch to upgrade your status, as he is a very, very busy guy. If something doesn't happen within a reasonable amount of time, send him an email through the board, and he'll take care of it.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Is this real life...???

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you serious? Watch Buck games. He had couple of 20 pt games. He has stepped up his offensive game significantly.

Adrien is now a force to be reckoned with

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Randy Livingston not available? Bryce Drew to fill Lin role...

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is why he had so much interest that he signed a one year minimum deal....

DRAPM - 0.25
    ORAPM - -0.17

VS DMo

DRAPM - 1.28
    ORAPM - -0.16

a couple random decent games at the tail end of the season doesn't change the player he's always been and that's why he didn't get any more than one year at the minimum.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ORAPM is close to Dmo. And Dmo is regarded as a pretty solid offensive player?!

Try to prove another point?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you missed the point, DMo at 23 is a considerably better player than Adrian at 28 and he's not undersized like Adrian either. Adrien is just a camp body.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Those stats are full season compilation stats yes? So for Adrien they will be weighed down by his time in Charlotte?

I'd like to see advanced metrics that only reflect his time with the Bucks when he was given legit playing time.

Either way, I don't think he's a starter by any stretch. I think he has a chance to give quality minutes though as a forward that isn't killed on defense.

11. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Where is "PIG" Miller when you need him:rolleyes:

12. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Might as well sign Hakeem up!

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, they aren't compiliation, for example Canaan barely played and he has an

ORAPM of -0.87 and a DRAPM of -2.04

Asik played only part of the season and had an

ORAPM of -0.80 and a DRAPM of 4.24

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

or probably more relevant to the topic, Jones played all year and had

an ORAPM of 0.87 and a DRAPM of -1.45

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

rox are showcasing they can win games. adrien is the better defender now. dmo has potential for later. adrien gets PT

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No I mean that it is based on his full season's body of work. He played a lot differently for the Bucks than the Bobcats.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Btw like what is a decent amount to contribute and not seem like a dick?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Stats say otherwise.

Oh, yeah, it's based on his full body of work that year but they are in line with his previous seasons, so unless you think he flipped a switch at the very end of the season and that he'll be that kind of guy from here on out rather than it just being a few better looking games than it's not really relevant or rather it might not be.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Crappy players will occasionally step it up big time when they are playing for one of the worst teams in the league and that team has trouble scoring.

Remember Mike James' 20 PPG season in Toronto? Or Aaron Brooks' big years post Yao/McGrady in Houston?

Be careful reading too much into guys with sudden atypical scoring elevation on bad teams.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clutch is grateful for anything. $10 bucks? $20 bucks? I know some people contribute a lot more, and some less, I suspect. I wouldn't worry about that aspect (the amount) of supporting the BBS, although sending a dollar would be kind of ridiculous. I'm a terrible speller and edit my posts all the time. Back before Clutch made a gigantic improvement with the servers he uses, the BBS would slow to a crawl when there was a big signing of a free agent, or a huge win. That sort of thing. Then he'd limit the posting ability to contributing members. Used to be (maybe still is?) that doing an advanced search was one of the perks, but I could be wrong about that.

http://www.clutchfans.net/tipjar.cfm

(Then there's the Styx Forum)