1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons suitors could include T'wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, along with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Here's some more evidence:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets intend to keep both Parsons and Daniels, regardless of what else happens in free agency, source said. Will cite both in pitches.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/483598968836739073">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Morey lies all the time?????? Tell me about the lies he tells and has told?

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

only evidence I see there is that he's not going anywhere if we sign anyone in FA, aka we're NOT getting Kevin Love, but keep digging your own grave.

3. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Was this posted anywhere in here yet?

Darren Wolfson: Chandler Parsons would have to consent to a sign-and-trade to #Twolves. Someone close to Parsons: "If the $$ is right, he'd be ok." Twitter @DarrenWolfson

(sorry, can't embed since I'm at work and twitter is a no no).

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

With his looks I wouldn't be shocked if he jumped ship and sports and paired up with Christian Ronaldo.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And then tried to bang Ronaldo's girlfriend (Irina Shayk).

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Pretty sure Bballholic has no inside info. Not that I like to attack posters or anything but he cannot be considered in the same light as Trey, Codman, Cyber or Doc.

He just takes stances and posts on them until the cows come home.

Search user history "jopatmc""

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It was posted in one of the other threads. Keep in mind that regardless of how he really feels, if Parsons publicly said he wouldn't sign and trade for the right money he would be sabotaging his own restricted free agency value.

Who is going to offer a big contract to Parsons if he made it known that he isn't willing to leave the Rockets regardless of the money? He at least has to create the illusion that he is willing to leave if he wants a good contract offer for the Rockets to match.

8. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Is Morey suppose to flat out say we're trading Parsons? Everyone knows he's the first player out in a big trade if one comes available.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Too bad you can't add specific search words along with username:

"And if I'm wrong, as God is my witness, I will never post here again." (jopatmc standing in silhouette next to tree at Tara; cue swelling, crashing, majestic music; cut to INTERMISSION; after five minutes of pee-break music, enter unrepetant basketballholic from stage right)

1 person likes this.
  10. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Can be please stop quoting basketballholic, it defeats the purpose of having him on MANY ppl's ignore list. Most of us doubt that Parson's will be traded, but unlike basketballholic, we arent so obsessed about it that we cant even acknowledge or handle the tiny possibility of it happening. SO please, stop quoting some dude that is obviously in obsessed and in LOVE with Parsons.

11. BinBinRingRing

Love is good looking but Parsons is even better looking.

12. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Anyone mind confirming this so I don't have to go research all the relevant salary cap info again?

Could we *theoretically* open up the $17MMish in cap room by trading Lin and DMo, then sign Lowry at $10-11MM and Ariza at $6-7MM, and THEN trade Parsons + Jones + 2 first rounders for Kevin Love, if Love and Parsons (and Minny) agree to the situation?

13. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

S&T Parsons at whatever is agreeable to he and Minn, that is.

Or can S&T players not be combined with other assets?

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

espn la right now was saying this could be their lineup next year

lowry or bledsoe
    kobe
    Parsons
    Randle
    P.Gasol

N. Young, Greg Monroe

15. basketballholic

The obsession is not with the Rockets not trading Parsons. The obsession is with posters automatically assuming the Rockets ARE trading Parsons. I reply to maybe 1/10th of the posters who come up with the hairball Parsons trade. Just keeping it real. If you are fed up with my "Rockets aren't trading Parsons" posts then you should know how fed up I and several others are with the "Rockets are going to/have to trade Parsons posts".

16. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

If the Rockets get a better player in return, they should trade Parsons. This is a win-win for both the Rockets and Parsons because someone will overpay him and Rockets get better while preserving cap space to sign another free-agent, improving the team even more.

Plus, the Rockets should probably be concerned about his back issues.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think MOST people think that we're keeping Parsons. I know it's your shtick to say that since you think it makes you cool around here, but to suggest that trading Parsons is an impossibility is ludicrous. I think there's a 90% chance he's on the team next year, but it's certainly not inconceivable to think he could sign elsewhere.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well yeah. That's how we should always do business.

19. basketballholic

I don't care about being cool. LOL I care about the Rockets becoming championship contenders. And trading Parsons, our clear 3rd best player for simply a better 3rd best player doesn't make sense, especially when we can keep Parsons and have so many more options to add significant talent to the team. There is a 99.99% chance Parsons is a Rocket next season. There's only a 0.01% chance he is not and that chance has virtually flew the coop with Lebron looking more and more like he's returning to Miami.

It's simply not going to happen. While far too many posters keep suggesting it will happen.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Trading Parsons to open up space to for Lebron or Melo would be putting this team in contention. Not only that but both of these players would either be our best player or 2nd best player.

If we were to get these one of these players ( Lebron or Melo) and still able to keep Parsons. Parsons will more and likely come off the bench.

Or do you think its wise for us to go after either Bosh or Love so that Parsons could still be our starting 3?

Since your aspirations is that of a championship contending team, you do know trading Parsons might be that key piece.