1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons suitors could include T'wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, along with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. ebu

ebu Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. YourSecretLover

poor budinger...parsons gonna steal his starting spot again

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Brewer also please.

5. NateNate

NateNate Member

Ugh I don't wanna lose Parsons. Love better bring it if we get him! Parsons is our swiss army knife. Although, he got worse as a defender ..

6. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

We need to stop making a new thread for every article. Its already a headache trying to keep up with all these 57 threads.

1 person likes this.
  7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

He isn't going to the Wolves. If he leaves it will be to a team that is a chance at winning.

The only worry we have regarding Parsons is if we get Melo or Love. If we miss on those two, we will sign him and probably go the Spurs route with building the roster.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Parsons isn't as good as Love and wouldn't be the greatest fit next to Harden and Love, so the T-Wolves interest is good news, I suppose.

Still, Parsons would have to cooperate... and while I don't see him wanting to leave, things might get tricky if the Rockets were to ask Parsons to play along in sign&trade scenarios with the Wolves, if any of those other teams offer him comparable money.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

O

The good thing is that even if he isn't willing to go to Minnesota, he can't leave this season us unless we let him. Worst case we can either match an extreme amount and get something in return later on or we get him at the QO price.

10. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I would feel a bit more excited about this possibility had the Rockets drafted say Cleanthony Early or Glen Robinson III. Who would be our SF if we did this?

11. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Im all for it if we get Love. Can someone clarify, would we still have the MLE and BAE exceptions?

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Did you guys ever think that he would want to go to the Wolves? I mean he would be their star..

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

True. And you'd figure that before he'll be able to sign an offer-sheet (July 10[?]) the Rockets will have figured out a way to upgrade the roster somehow.

MLE signing. Ariza, Tucker, Marion...

14. Play07

Play07 Member

This one is worth a new thread, the new RFA parsons one from early wasn't, teams are going to be aggressive trying to get parsons & seems like timberwolves may even put LOVE on the table to try to get him.

This is discussion worthy

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Gentlemans agreement. Wolves sign parsons, trade us Love and we agree not to match the offer. Trade goes thru and we double cross them and get Parsons back. Result: Yay-ness.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You have 99 problems? I feel bad for you son.

1 person likes this.
  17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Fegan represents both Rubio and Parsons... interesting.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

The Wolves would have to be the highest bidder (probably by some margin) to get Parsons.

I'd only do it if the cost was relatively low (Parsons, Lin, NOP pick, and Capella) and if Minnesota threw in Brewer.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why the Wolves would even want Parsons at the rate they are going to get him for in this proposed deal.

If I am losing Love, I am going Sam Hinkie. Tank and draft picks until I find a superstar. Parsons keeps you in the middle at best, and strapped for cash at worst.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sign Melo. Then sign and trade Parsons for Love. Not one not two not three not four championships.