1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons suitors could include T'wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Mavs, along with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jun 29, 2014.

1. bmd

bmd Member

He shot 41% from 3 last year and only 30% from 3 this year. Something wasn't right.

The only other thing I can think of is that he played more minutes this year and maybe he wasn't in shape for it and he couldn't find his legs.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What does that say about him if he wasn't in shape? And it's not as if he wore down as the season went on because his average was almost identical pre all-star break and post all-star break.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And if we had, we wouldn't be pulling in a 25 year old Kevin Love.....and everything else that's about to happen.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or the rumors about him being distracted by off court opportunities instead of spending time on court/gym honing his game/ body are true.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

I have a feeling that one of these teams, most likely Cuban, is going to try to dick us by offering Parsons some ridiculous sum of money that they know we would choke on when we heard it and cause us to let him go or put us in a world of hurt by actually matching the contract and eating up all our cap space. Really gonna suck this summer cause almost all of these teams are vying after Melo and he is only going to one team...Miami. I don't think any gm foresaw Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Haslam all opting out to renegotiate their deals and to create immediate cap space. when Melo is off the table completely, the feeding frenzy is going to be insane and Parsons is going to be one of the.hottest targets sought after. We are f#cked!

6. basketballholic

Another genius
    who
    thinks
    we are trading Parsons.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Do you have any information to back your claims up or is it strictly your opinion?

If it's your opinion you're coming off like an ass. If it's fact, stop sugar-coating everything you say and tell us what you actually know.

8. basketballholic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Will be back RT <a href="https://twitter.com/suhlnichi">@suhlnichi</a> what are your plans regarding <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CP25?src=hash">#CP25</a>?</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/464512962997129216">May 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wake up!

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Daryl Morey also said that he wasn't gonna make a trade at the deadline before shipping Patrick Patterson to Sacramento out of the blue. Things change. Morey won't hold off on Kevin Love because he tweeted that he's keeping Chandler. Come on now.

10. basketballholic

Keep convincing yourself in the face of all the evidence.

11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'm not on one side or another of your "we are not trading parsons" crusade, but to say that you have all of the evidence about any potential rockets moves seems kind of silly. I think you need to lay off. You aren't an insider.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What, you believe Morey?

I love Morey, but when you play for him, always keep realtor.com handy.

What would you expect him to say? "Gee, I don't know, we just might lose him, I'm so distressed I have the Hershey squirts."

13. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Well regardless, GM's, teams, agents, etc. can be very adept at painting a facade of reality that caters to their whims. Now, this can take very many forms. If you've seen Lucky Number Slevin the most notorious example is the Kansas City Shuffle: "they look left, you go right" - Mr. Goodkat

14. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

Could a RFA deny a contract from another team? Silly question

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They can do whatever they want, if not it would be a slap in the face to Curt Flood and the hundreds of players who fought for athletes to be given the dignity of contracting as they please within the bounds of a reasonable contract.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

So what you're saying is...five time, five time, five time champion?

[​IMG]

17. basketballholic

I was asked to provide evidence that Parsons would not be traded. I did so.

Provide evidence that Parsons will be traded please.

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Like others have pointed out, a tweet from Morey is hardly considered evidence.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Yea, he really hides his ball. It appears as if Mr. Holic has some sort of inside scoop on the team's thoughts behind their ability to nab a Kevin Love without sacrificing Parsons.

Morey lies all the time. Before Harden there was no trade on the way. He can only say so much in public without showing his cards. I hope the WANTP wasn't formed on the basis of a tweet. I'd love to keep chandler and acquire a third star but if Melo or LeBron don't sign with us and we have to trade, I can't see a team willing to do it. If it happens Basketballholic deserves some recognition.

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I don't think your evidence is in question. But things can and do change based on the moves other teams make. Morey's intentions may have been to keep Parsons and perhaps still are, but at the same time, he is not going to back himself into a corner. As any smart GM should do, he leaves as many options open as he can. Moving Parsons if necessary is one of those options. If you could get Love by trading Parsons, you'd be an idiot not to pursue that or at explore that option fully. Morey is no idiot.