1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

LOL people complained it wasnt enough and then complained when obviously Morey agreed and backed out.

Nothing will make those people happy.

1 person likes this.
  2. JurisDoctorate

^ Guess Omer is mad bro... :smh:

3. torocan

torocan Member

This.

One of the keys to negotiating from a position of strength is to make clear to the other side that if the deal is unsatisfactory that you are willing to walk away.

Huge deals break down all the time due to relatively small differences in asking versus offered price.

This is just another step in the negotiation process.

4. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Here here for another two months of this.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, the players didn't do anything for me. So because of that, I would want TWO 1st round picks. Or a 1st round pick and a quality player.

Lets remember, Kyle Lowry warranted a quality 1st round pick. Asik is more valuable than Lowry.

6. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i dont think pouting is goign to hurt his stock . . he is pouting now so that is already a mark on him.

Keeping him longer can enhance his value though if he bucks up and realizes that he needs to play well to be traded

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

exactly. those are the same people that called Asik overrated, but yet wanted Morey to trade him for a pot of gold. Logic? Nope none of that here.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Seems like the wise thing to do. Nothing good can come of an Asik interview right now.

9. torocan

torocan Member

Ahem. Game theory.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Those people are idiots. Morey always knew this and he tried to pull the wool over everyone by saying you lose out on the Asik deal i you don't go now. But they only lose out on that deal and can always deal their players later when possibly something better for them opens up or more favorable. By creating a line in the sand Morey hoped draw teams out to compete. But the GM's have gotten smart and are not offering top dollar for Asik and now Morey is in a dilemna

It's not the end of the world for them if they don't get Asik and it's not the end of the world for Morey either. But if he doesn't move Asik it sure is a mess. Asik wants to be moved and Morey has all but promised to move him today. If he doesn't we will have a much more disgruntled Asik and Morey unveils his lies of a definite date to move him. I am waiting to see what deal happens but now the possibility of no deal looms over.

1 person likes this.
  11. NotChandlerParsons

Remember that Asik avoid interviews like the plague anyway. Although he probably is pretty pissed right now. Quit being a baby and play.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Friend just texted me. Asik has been traded. Waiting for details.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Asik's Agent won't let him hurt his value that much. It will cost him money in his next contract.

Dwight wanted keep Asik here to see if they could play together

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I wonder how (publicly) involved Tellem is going to be.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What time does practice usually wrap? Wondering if he walked out to avoid media, or walked out in the middle of practice.

16. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

hm wow, how who ?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBA source confirms <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23celtics&amp;src=hash">#celtics</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23rockets&amp;src=hash">#rockets</a> talks dead. Source says they weren't as strong as circulated. <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a> reported Asik stays for now</p>&mdash; gary washburn (@GwashburnGlobe) <a href="https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/statuses/413739181375225856">December 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Lol smfh...yeah yeah

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am sure Morey didnt like the fact that so many scenarios were leaked out - compared to his trades of the past (Omer's agent?)

the deals were crap - the 'deadline' was important for the TEAMS plans going forward and what Daryl's vision is for the team even with the pieces he has put together.

Right now at least whats proven to Omer is what the rest of the league was willing to give up for him. I am sure Daryl is telling Omer that he may think he is starting material and an all-star etc.. but the rest of the GMs of the league only value him at a Hawes or Bass -- he can prove them all wrong over the next two months by going out there competing hard accepting his role and dominate. I am sure those GMs also said to Daryl and Omer's agent that his sulking does not look good even for their team environment if something were to change (what if Philly next year wants Nerlons Noel to start at C?)

if no deal is made it will be interesting to see how Omer reacts and returns to the team -- the team clearly needs him and he is being paid extremely handsomely for his services as well. Teams dont want to pay him 15 million because they dont feel he is worth it -- the Rockets do feel he is worth it -- they gave him that much money to begin with when no one else would.

Daryl will challenge Omer to go out there and prove it so that in 2 months they can trade him for something better because he wasnt going to compromise the teams present and future over him.

20. davestrate

davestrate Member

Finally someone backs me up on settling for crap and losing credibility. Hopefully others will judge my opinion based on its relevance and not the # of green bars under my name!