1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is official, Harden the laziest guard at NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryfans, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

"And James Harden … He has been a disaster on defense this season. There have been games in which he has barely bothered to try. He might be the first player in NBA history to become a mainstream (sports) Internet sensation because of his lazy, unfocused off-ball defense. When Harden is not feeling it, he tends to gaze wistfully upon the ball and stand upright, a nonathletic position from which it is very hard to muster quick-hitting movements when the need arises. That poor stance is behind the one-on-one blow-bys from luminaries such as Steve Blake. When drivers get by him, Harden has a habit of going for the desperate reach-around steal and then quitting on the play when he doesn't get it. He's a gambler like Parsons off the ball, only with less urgency and much worse risk/reward calculations."

From an article by Zach Lowe

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

"There's no in-between with him," Sampson says of Harden's defense. "He's either really good or he's not there. He sometimes has slacked off as he adjusts to being a no. 1 option on offense, but being a no. 1 option comes with responsibilities on the other end."

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And in fairness, the way Houston plays offense is exhausting. It runs a lot, especially when Howard sits, and even its half-court offense amounts to a whirring series of pick-and-rolls and drive-and-kick action. "Our guards just have a hard time being two people in our system — really good offensively, and really good defensively," Sampson says.

4. Grinds

Grinds Member

I'm good, are you? You seem to be cramping. Like I said earlier... I'm not saying Harden is lazy OVERALL. <----- did you read that? I'm saying lazy on D. And again you blind bat, never has a team with a top 5 scorer and rebounder missed the playoffs. If the Rockets DIDN'T make the postseason, it would have a league anomaly.

Harden needs to pass more to anyone.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden isn't lazy lol only person that was lazy was Royce White and he's out of the league.

6. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Jeremy is hands on hip a lot too. Not a good look. If you're not working, you should be flexing.

7. Grinds

Grinds Member

More cramps.

Reading with less emotion will allow better comprehension, ladies.

8. Remii

Remii Member

There you go again.. Why you mad bruh...??? Lol... All that really isn't called for. You're feelings must be hurt....

9. Grinds

Grinds Member

Nice deflection, ma'am. Your clouded reading comprehension disappears for side topics (insults), then reappear during the root of the argument. Thanks for bending over.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Harden is indeed lazy, but this is a troll thread. Everyone said that Harden has an old man's game. Guess what, old men don't go very fast. And playing defense has more to do with lateral quickness than pure burst of speed. Parsons rank among the highest of the bunch, and he's not a stud defender by any means.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mr "Harden is lazy defense" you go back to JeremyLin.NET

lazy selfish & poor leader Harden leading the Rockets on a blowout of the Celtics with a +33 on court differential

while opposing SG went -36

firs stop changing your mind and moving goal posts

is Opp FG% a a) good guage of how good a defender one is or is it b)skewed?

choose only one: A or B one or the other

12. vlaurelio

LOFs: It is official, Harden the laziest guard at NBA

FACT: Bradley 5 out 22 shooting tonight

[​IMG]

13. Grinds

Grinds Member

My newest B, Vallerina, last post read this to justify his bent-over position....

Yet he used this response earlier today in this very thread.

You and my other new B, Remii, are the definition of delusional beeatches. You've both twisted my comments into trade for Mills, trade Harden, and have completely ignored basic statements. But being the real person I am, I'll do you both a favor and say you guys went over-the-top because you assumed I was a LOF. I'm sure you marks have had many similar arguments before. No hard feelings, sirs.

Furthermore, Harden was very active tonight on both ends and for the most part made good decisions. Good game. He did have 1 or 2 b-made flops, but you turds would probably never admit it. Why? because you're both beeatches. You marks have been bleeding this entire thread.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Harden is awesome, and saved this franchise from mediocrity.

It looks like he's finally getting over his foot injury. This team could start to catch fire with him playing at 100%.

His court vision was crazy today, and he was playing good at the defensive end too.

In 3 weeks the MVP chants will start up again. Htown!!!

15. vlaurelio

LOL stop embarassing yourself

so how is Harden lazy, selfish, and a poor leader again?

see the +/- of all the five starters? awesome! they're finally clicking haters beware!

props to JLin and AB for keeping the lead though

#195 vlaurelio, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I'd still take Harden over 90% of the other SGs in this league. Harden's young. He'll be fine. I'm sure he's aware he's got to improve his D. He'll continue to improve throughout the season.

17. Grinds

Grinds Member

^^ thanks for swallowing

18. vlaurelio

LOL can't backup what you've said now you have to resort to this?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wow he got banned

that escalated quickly

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Trolls may be tolerated for a time till they show their true selves, but they cant escape Clutch's banhammer forever.

[​IMG]