1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tired of DMo yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Mar 27, 2013.

?

What to do with DMo

1. Keep Starting Him

158 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. Bench Him

144 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Send Him to D-League

29 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Let him drive Royce White's Bus

39 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. RealLife

RealLife Member

DMo should stop hitting those 3 pointers.

2. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Hasn't the man started less than 20 games??!

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The real problem is that DaDakota keeps talking about how special D-Mo is. How can he possibly be good if DaDakota has cursed him?

4. pnr

pnr Member

Tjones deserves to play. He has been beastin in the D-league and I believe he has the most potential out of our PFs

5. daernoth

daernoth Member

The reason TRob has been looking better lately is simply because he comes in to play with the second unit and Beverly involves him in the offense.

Dmo on the other hand comes in with the starters who almost never pass him the ball on a scoring position. If he tried to assert himself with the starting lineup in the same way that TRob does with the backups he would almost certainly be benched for not following the game plan.

If Dmo had received consistent playing time as a backup before he got put in as a starter, he would be doing much better.

All that being said, I don't think he is going to have great impact on a consistent basis until he fills out and doesnt have to spend so much energy just holding his position.

3 people like this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i'd like to see d-mo and t-rob on the floor together.

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

lol. another knee-jerk CF thread condemning a rookie for being inconsistent with less than 20 games under his belt :rolleyes:

I agree that he is not doing great but these posts about him being a 'bust' and saying things like "I can't stand him" borders on vitriol and reflective of some personal animosity that I do not feel is warranted.

The guy has had solid games and great potential. He dominated in the D-League as well (for all those T-Jones fans) and has had equal if not more success than TROB in limited minutes and for the record, I like DMO, Jones, AND TROB.

But recently it seems that CFs is all about picking one player and knocking another down, in spite of what is best for the Rockets as a team. Don't you think the coaches and personnel are trying to field the best players? How do you know who has and hasn't picked up the game plan the best--or who hustles the most in practice? There will be growing pains with any young team, and I think the frequent turnover of players has turned CFers impatient with any young players who aren't immediately performing. We have to start thinking about the future now that there is a solid core and try to foster these players into solid players and stars. Any of the 3 rookies will have up and down games, its about giving them some slack to grow.

DMO has some learning and growing up to do. He also needs to put on some muscle mass in order to throw down with the big boys. I think he'll get there. But the second he has a good game, or TROB has a bad game and vice versa, can we pass up the opportunity to make a "player x sucks" thread? Its getting really old.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

THis.....

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Terrence Jones or Thomas Robinson. Pick one.
    D-Mo the next Dirk? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.
    More like the next David Andersen.

Ok he's not that bad and he has potential. But seriously? The next Dirk? People need to calm down.

1 person likes this.
  10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

if dmo needs to get his shot going, let him come off the bench n get a feel for the game. TRob might be in the starting lineup sooner than ya think.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

12. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

He needs an off season of work, the problem right now is this system isn't suited to him.

He has potential but for our playoffs right now perhaps its better to bring back TJones.

13. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I honestly think the only thing that kept T. Jones out of the line up lately is being injured. I believe that's why he was sent down to DL immediately after recovering to knock the cob webs off, come back after a week of getting minutes then (hopefully) get some PT off the bench after getting moved back

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

good points. +1

I think you hit the nail on the head. DMo had a lot of success in Europe and The D-league being the go-to scorer and primarily posting up. He has been completely taken out of his offensive game/element by forcing him to be a strectch 4 to fit the current system. Not saying that is the right wrong decision by mcHale for this roster but it's not necessarily the best decision to advance DMO's game. His 3 point shot just isn't quite consistent enough to justify positioning him on the outside (remember, PPAT didnt' acquire an effective 3 point shot until this year).

He might actually be better served coming in with the second unit and being one of the main offensive focal points. The only question then is, who is the best stretch-4 to start? And that would probably be an out of position Delfino. TROB is definitely not a stretch 4 and neither is Smith. So that would force delfino into the starting lineup and we know that comes with mixed results. It would also create a log jam between Smith/TROB/DMO in the second unit. I think that is probably why DMO starts, because he is the 'best fit' to be a stretch 4 in the system (neither TROB nor smith could, and Delfino is not a true PF)...but therein lies the flaw of the system as well, since Dmo is not in an optimal position for his skillset...

I guess the hope is DMo can find his 3point shot, otherwise he's in a no-win situation.

15. nono

nono Member

Damn D-Mo taking a **** in the woods. Guess the wolves finally got to him.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

This board is so fickle.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I don't think inserting TJones into the rotation this late in the season with the playoffs right around the corner is the answer.

19. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

We're talking about rookies against the most physical team in the league... give them time. We're not good enough to compete against a team like the Pacers unless we're hitting 3s. That's actually us against most top teams. We won't win shooting less than 30% from 3.

20. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

I think you take pressure of starting off his shoulders. He's playing way too right right now and his shots are just not falling. No way D-League. DMo is a baller. At least give him the benefit of the doubt and opportunities afforded to GSmith. Way too soon to launch him. Bring him off the bench and let him run with the second unit. He'll be better.