1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tired of DMo yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gfab-babyboi, Mar 27, 2013.

?

What to do with DMo

1. Keep Starting Him

158 vote(s)
    42.7%
  2. Bench Him

144 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Send Him to D-League

29 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Let him drive Royce White's Bus

39 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Who would that be? Is that supposed to be T-Rob?

You know, usually when you say you're gonna rep someone... you rep 'em.

Just sayin'

:cool:

1 person likes this.
  2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

rofl. REPPED!

3. gengar

gengar Member

I'm torn between starting him and benching him but I had to choose the option "drive Royce White's bus" because it was ingenious lol.

4. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Truth is none of our PFs are ready for primetime.

Donatas, Thomas, and Terrence are all very young, very raw, and absolutely works in progress.

This position is far from settled, and I don't think we're going to have any kind of definitive answer until the end of next season.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What a ridiculous thread. The guy has started, what, about 15 games now as a rookie? Some people around here have the patience and forward vision of a 3-year old.

1 person likes this.
  6. HookemHorns1250

Not tired of D-Mo at all. Frustrated, sure, but not tired of him. Just like Robinson, you see glimpses of solid potential, even with the bone headed fouls he may make.

His defense is actually pretty good. Moves his feet extremely well for a 7'0'er and can help defend a solid shooting 4, (Dirk, West, etc.) He's just having a combination of rookie mistakes when it comes to bone head fouls, and in my opinion, refs making some wrong calls. He moves his feet so well, that he does end up in front of his opponent on a drive, which leads to more of a chance of a foul, unlike having a slow 4 who would need help cutting the opponent off, leaving less of a chance for D-Mo to commit a foul. Same thing happens to Robinson.

I love...absolutely love the possible potential of D-Mo (And Robinson). They're both extremely young, going to make these silly mistakes, but by no means is it time to send him down, or give up on him. He has too much raw potential for that. His post moves show promise, his 3 can only get better with practice, and his court vision is extremely good for his position, almost too good for Asik to handle.

I would love to win a Championship more than anyone else here, but the goal of this year was to see what our young guys could do. To give up on our young guys with potential even when struggling is just a horrible idea in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

THIS IS EASY!!! GOING BACK TO PRE-SEASON, THE MOST PRODUCTIVE PLAYER HAS BEEN T JONES. IN THE D LEAGUE, THE MOST PRODUCTIVE PLAYER HAS BEEN T JONES. SO COMMON SENSE WOULD BE TO START
    T JONES BUT IT'S OBVIOUS, KEVIN MCHALE HAS A BEEF WITH T JONES.

DARYL MOREY SAID THIS MORNING ON 790AM, THAT T JONES IS THE BETTER PLAYER.:grin:

I THINK MC HALE IS A GOOD COACH, BUT HE NEEDS TO SQUASH THIS THING WITH T JONES AND LET HIM PLAY!!:mad:

8. Arthurprescott2

Honestly, I'd like to see more hustle out of DMo.

But not fair to compare him to T-Rob since T-Rob gets all the touches he wants on the offensive side while DMo is relegated to screen-setter/at-times spot-up shooter in the starting line-up. He's not able to get into the flow of the game w/o his touches. Failings of a young player.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

It doesn't matter who we start or play at power forward. They're all inexpeienced rookies and would bring minimal contributions/difference on the floor. This season is our first year of rebuilding and developing our young players. Throwing a rookie Terrence Jones who essentially hasn't played all season into the fire with 10 or so games left in the season in the middle of a playoff chase is not the solution and makes zero sense.

Take the good with the bad and keep on developing Motiejunas and Robinson. Expecting instant results from them this season is like saying this team we have now is built to win a championship this year. Be patient and never stray away from the BIG picture.

Heck, we should all be thankful that this brand new young and inexperienced roster is already playoff bound on what is supposed to be our first year in rebuilding this franchise and lottery bound year. Just take a look at the hornets for example. Tell me that team isn't as talented and as young as our team right now. Look where they're at and that actually is the norm for young rebuilding teams based on the history of the nba.

Looking at what this core has accomplished this season so far has to be some sort of a record. If you disagree then answer this..

Based on the 67-year history of the NBA, name at least 2 teams that were as young, inexperienced, and with at least 10 players on their roster who haven't played a single season with each other and made the playoffs on their very first season?

1 person likes this.
  10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

And stop acting like you know the players better than the whole coaching staff. They basically live and eat with these players everyday. How many team practices have you been a part of during the course of the off-season and the regular season to say that Terrence Jones would've been the better option instead of Motiejunas? That's just like you applying for a job without having a resume.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

21 year old European rookie. Give him time. He needs the development. By next year he will be much much better.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Time. Give him time.

I like him starting and Trob bringing energy off the bench.

I'm ready to put Tjones in the mix also.

Let it work it's way out.

1 person likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

my feelings exactly. it's time to give Jones a look, but i'm encouraged by the development of TRob, and inconsistency with a young guy like DMo should be expected. Patience is needed.

14. chrisman_29

chrisman_29 Member

I believe D MO should be in Robinson's role right now. He should come off the bench so that he can have the same looks that Robinson gets when he comes in with the second unit. When D MO sits in the corner and waits for passes, he is being misused. He dominated the D-League by getting post up looks. Robinson, IMO, looks like a better fit in the starting unit because he can probably handle starting caliber PF's on the defensive end more adequately and rebound more effectively than D MO.

Really what needs to happen is D MO, Robinson, and Jones (provided they're still on this team in July) need to all play lots of minutes in Summer League and dominate the opposition to boost their confidence going into their second year. They need to prove to the coaches that they can be dependable, NBA players night in and night out.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Time to give Jones a look with 11 games remaining in the season right in the middle of a playoff chase when he practically hasn't played the whole season? It's too late for that. The risk would be so much greater than the reward at this point to be honest.

1 person likes this.
  16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Sure, McHale could've chosen to start Jones at the 4 when Patterson and Morris were traded and people would easily be complaining about Motiejunas not getting the minutes or start instead.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

excellent point. wasn't even thinking about how few games are left. Too bad though. It's hard for me to believe he wouldn't be able to contribute.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm pretty sure in tjones was ready to play..... He'd play. His college coach didnt trust him what makes you guys think that has changed in the NBA. He doesn't pay attention in the huddle he gets lost doesn't always bring the same energy game in and out. This was the knock on him in college and why he didnt have a bigger role at Kentucky when he was the only tenured player in the starting lineup. Tjones has always had talent but you have to have the motor and willingness to get better and listen to coaches.

If I were to bet on who becomes the best player out of all 3 Trob would be firsts simply because he's a gym rat and has natural basketball instinct. Dmo 2nd ad tjones a distant 3. Work ethic always trumps talent in the end and if you have both traits you have the potential to be great.

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yep. Dirk played like crap in his rookie year also in the few times he seen the floor.

20. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

wow. the adults finally joined the conversation. clap clap clap

its obvious DMO is struggling but what rookie wouldn't after being thrust into the starting lineup half way through the season?

The guy has serious upside, but also makes mistakes. This applies also to TROB and Tjones. To suggest that any of those rookies would instantly play better in the starting lineup is ignorant.

[​IMG]