1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I have five team and it doesn't work on your tablets unless they you jailbreak and get an ip masker. You can't even watch the games the next day. So really I have a 4 team plan. And if the Rockets are playing one of my other teams then it is only a 3 team plan. Stupid.

I haven't tried it yet on the computer. What did you use to make it work?

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

China? :(

3. Nero

Nero Member

(from post 1255 in this thread)

Download CCleaner and Hotspot Shield.
    Run CCleaner
    Run Hotspot Shield
    Open browser and open NBA LPBB
    Watch game
    Profit

Now I will say: I started fiddling with near the end of the Rox game Saturday night, I was just getting so tired of trying to watch a crappy stream.

By the time I got it all set up, the game was already over. So I was not able to test it on a live broadcast, but I was able to immediately stream the previous night's game, in HD. I assume those two are connected, I wouldn't be able to watch the archive if I was not also able to watch the live game.

The IP hider indicated I was located in California, as far as the stream source was concerned. I assume that is why it worked.

So anyway, seriously considering buying the LP 5-team deal and watching the games this way, at least until UVerse gets the channel.

However, since I was NOT able to test it on a live broadcast, I am not 100% sure I got it working exactly right.

So why don't you go ahead and try it tonight, and then report back tomorrow to let us know if it worked for you on that 5-game plan? I would probably go ahead and buy it then.

Good luck!

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Either the Rockets or Comcast needs to start providing a HQ stream to the game. They could require a sign in to track users and locations. If they want to show demand, that would be a good avenue to establish baseline figures while still doing their best to appease fans. I'd imagine that the advertisers would be pretty pleased as well given that they are paying for their ads to be viewed.

5. junk151

junk151 Member

I was the one that posted the info below. I've been able to watch all 3 Rockets games so far without much issues. I do get a little bit of a choppy stream at the beginning of the games but is usually a the first few seconds. Just beware that you'll be hearing the local team broadcasters so Bill Worrell and company will only be heard on local games.

6. RocketDevil

RocketDevil Member

Last year the NBA locked out the players. They were right. When they restarted the games I came back with the rest of the fans. This year the Rockets are locking out the fans. When they work out their problems I will come back again.

Until then, even though I am a huge Rockets fan (I really love most of the moves Morey has made to build the team), I am going to ignore the Rockets. Of course when I read the sports page, I will notice where they are in the standings, but I will not (1) change my cable provider; (2) send a protest to my cable provider; (3) scramble for a method to evade blackouts to watch games streaming on the internet; (4) go to a sports bar to watch what should be on TV; or (5) go to games in person, when I can't follow the rest of the games on TV.

Right now Houston has the Texans to follow and they truly deserve the attention of any true sports fan. Additionally, the college basketball season is beginning, and I intend to concentrate on the college season following my
    Blue Devils and other top teams. When and if the Rockets appear on the air I will go back to watching them, just like I did following the lockout. Since there are great sports alternatives, I am not really too hacked. In my book the Rockets have until the Final Four to work this out - after that I will be hacked, and might have to find another team I can follow. But I am sure they will work out their problems well before that.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I see the the 5 team package for League Pass is 5 installments of $28.99. Lets say providers pick up CSN Houston tomorrow. Can you cancel the service before all 5 installments have been paid?

8. meekg

meekg Member

I noticed that today as well. Seems quite hefty of a price when you add it all up. I doubt they'll let you cancel in the middle of it.

9. junk151

junk151 Member

I don't think you can.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

11. mario713

mario713 Rookie

this suxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. pearlandfan

pearlandfan New Member

My son has Comcast across town, is there a way to slingbox CSN to my home, have never used slingbox before

13. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Is this method used on the internet only and not straight to the tv? If I plug the HDMI from my TV into my laptop once the method is enhanced, will the feed transfer to the TV?

I will try tonight. Thanks.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's hard to respond to this seriously but I'm going to.

Yes, if the method works on your computer and then you hook it up directly to your tv via HDMI it will transfer to the tv. Your tv has no special connection to your cable company that would prevent your computer from broadcasting a signal.

15. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

F Comcast!

just had to get off that my chest.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nope. Sorry man, you're SOL.

You can enhance the method all you want. No enhancements can fix what Comcast has broken.

17. supermandan

supermandan Member

suck my nuts CUMCAST!!!!!!!!

18. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I can neither confirm nor deny this...but I'll be watching the games. :grin:

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Just a heads up to anyone living in the east side of town (channelview/northshore area)

Buffalo Wild Wings
    5815 East Sam Houston Parkway North, Houston, TX
    (281) 458-3100

They say they have the game. I just called.

20. junk151

junk151 Member

Yes.
    Get Slingbox
    Set up at son's house
    Watch Rockets games
    :)

The only thing is that he'll have to be watching the game as well. If he changes channels you'll have to watch what he's watching. At least that's the way it used to work, not sure if there has been any changes lately. If that's an issue for any one of you, you can always pay for an extra cable box and use it just for your slingbox.