1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The apartment I'm moving into in Houston is in a Comcast service area so I have to cancel my Uverse service. Uverse is the absolute best. Quick technians all the time, great discounts, quick boxes with little preview screens, etc.

2. nickg

nickg Member

To be honest, none of this **** matters to them. I seriously doubt that anyone that has any influence over these negotiations cares whether someone else ( us in this case ) gets to watch the rockets until it starts to affect them ( mainly their wallets ). So im guessing this goes on for a couple of months at the least. Best chance of this actually getting fixed is astros season imo, but do people still actually watch that trainwreck?.

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I said screw it and bought league broadband. I'm not going to wait around in case it takes longer than a few games.

They must be in bed with nba too to get us to purchase LP. I hate them all...

4. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

If you live in the Houston area and you think that you're going to watch the Rockets game on the opposing teams network,

[Insert ski instructor meme]

You're gonna have a bad time.

5. RMR14

RMR14 Member

I hope u don't live in houston, you won't be able to access any rockets games

6. dmoneybangbang

I'm sure they already know how we feel... And I'm sure in the end the Rockets will be just fine, even if they are "screwing the fans over". If this is the straw that breaks the camel's back then adios.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Fight on Houstonians! It's wrong for home-town fans to get blacked out of their games. Blame the rockets organization. That's some greedy-ass sh#t.

8. junk151

junk151 Member

Wrong

9. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Right.

10. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Unless he uses a proxy.

11. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

...the Comcast coverage is way way better though. And Calvin is back. I know this 'cause I'm a Comcast user of course, but it was the right move. The Rockets deserve a little more than FOX SPORTS, but this **** does suck.

12. junk151

junk151 Member

Kind of wrong :p

13. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

I have league pass and I still got blocked out of local game both on TV and league pass broadband. I read somewhere in the thread about hotspot shield, a software to bypass broadband block out. Can someone who has experience on it shed more light and help fellow rockets fan out please?

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Black out 90% of their fans in Texas and they will be just fine? So who is going to follow them and buy their junk, fans in Kansas? Most fans in Houston are shut out. Most can't afford to go to every game, so if they lose interest, then what? The Rocket's fans in New Mexico will pick up the slack? Just the opposite, I say the Rockets are shooting themselves in the foot. I am one of the now thousands of fans in Texas that probably drove in for a few games a year. But since we can't see the rest of their games, actually none of their games, why bother to spend hundreds of dollars keeping up with them. Multiply me by a few 100,000 and see what happens.

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

We have had very different experiences. I have had those three as well. Comcast was by far the worst of the bunch for me. I hated the equipment, the interface and the customer service. Dish was much, much better...but DTV has been the best for me.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

The person doing the CSN's facebook is really trying to do damage control. He/she is stating we should be asking our providers why they haven't picked up CSN.
    Quotes from the person doing their facebook; "CSN Houston wants to be on every cable provider. Comcast has nothing to do with."
    "We're trying. Is your provider trying?"
    " Providers only negotiate with networks that are on the air. That's been a little over a month in this case. Some have questioned if there is demand. Others are interested but have not signed. The smaller providers in Houston serve a substantial number of customers and see the value in the network. Show them that there is demand, and they will have an incentive to add the channel."
    "The providers that have been offered the network have not agreed to sign on. Have you asked them why?"
    Here's the facebook link. http://www.facebook.com/csnhouston?fref=ts

17. houseofglass21

Comcast is terrible. Bad customer service and like someone else said the interface and equipment sucks. I have Dish Network and it's much better and I will not switch just to watch Rockets games. We live in Houston and should be able to watch all the games on local TV let alone cable...

If I can't watch the games I have no interest in this team or this season at all and will not attend games. They might as well not exist.

18. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I tried it during the League Pass Broadband trial and was able to watch the Rockets game.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

See I'm not here yet...but if this drags on like Portland deal, I'll agree with you. I don't see how they can keep up interest without a regular TV presence...

which is why I can't imagine that this will continue much longer...but my glass if half full and I've been saying that for a while now.

20. Nero

Nero Member

So for anyone who has the broadband League Pass package, 5-team-only is fine with me, I would even be fine with just a one-team package, to be honest.. I think I have managed to get the IP masker trick to work on my PC, but have any of you tried using it on your mobile devices, tablets, etc? Or are you SOL with the blackout on those?