1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i like your thinking there, but I think you'd lose on assets. You give up decent young bench guys on good contracts for older expiring bench guys.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Damn 2012ers;)

3. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Asik, Morris, T. Jones, 2nd round pick
    For
    Marc Gasol

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

LOL!!!

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This is just a proposal IF the kings were willing to move DeMarcus Cousins.

Rockets receive: DeMarcus Cousins, John Salmons (bad contract)

Kings receive: Omer Asik, Patrick Patterson, Royce White, Donatas Motiejunas, Chandler Parsons and expiring contracts of Cook & Douglas

Left over roster:

PG: Lin / Machado
    SG: Harden / Salmons
    SF: Morris / Delfino
    PF: Jones / Smith
    C: Cousins / Aldrich

The most important aspect of this trade: It would give us a young and very promising duo of James Harden(23) and Demarcus Cousins(22).

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Add Morris instead of Asik and i'd be good with it

7. fattz

fattz Member

Even IF the Kings said yes thats +/-22M going out with only +/-12M coming back. --> my math is not that good but that would not work. Pulling Cook and Douglas out would cut +/-5M cut it back to 17ish to 12ish which may work if they are still way under the cap like in years past.

Cousins is still young so his childish ways are forgiven IF in Rocket Red.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Trade Marcus Morris for Rasheed Wallace

9. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Demarcus Cousins is overrated dude is just a scorer with a bad attitude,if he really was a good player he would have at least led the Kings to the playoffs by now.I want no part of Cousins he is a cancer and would be bad influence on our team.

Do you guys remember last year this guy was about to fight his coach Westphal during practice,then he turned around and got him fired?Im sorry I want no part of that douche,and his interviews are awful dude has no maturity or class at all.

Type in Demarcus Cousins interviews on Youtube,and you will see what I mean.

10. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I'll go with over! I'd rather take a shot at Derrick Favors but the Jazz have a ton of cap room going forward whereas the Pacers do too, but they don't have depth at the PF position when we got a logjam at PF, plus David West's contract expires after the season. Paul George will be playing a little out of position at SG once Danny Granger gets back which IMO he's better suited at SF and would be an upgrade over Parsons/Morris.
    What do you think is a reasonable trade for Paul George with what assests we have?

11. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

If love for Morey to make a trade for ol Danilo Gallinari.

12. allaroundplayer

Dec. 15 the Rockets can trade for Jameer Nelson (8.6 million, 3 years)

send Cook, Aldrich, Douglas - 3 expirings (7.6 million)

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I don't think there is anyone who will take Douglas, not even the Sydney Kings, at this stage.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Asik for Tyson Chandler. This way we can watch Linsanity 2.0 in Houston.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Indeed, if you don't make the playoffs in your first two years, you suck, as proven by Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard.

1 person likes this.
  16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think the Pacers future is tied to Paul George. They are betting on him to break out, and if he doesn't, they are the new Atlanta Hawks.
    He's only going to be traded for star players or youngsters comparable to Paul George. The Rockets only have 1 of those.
    He certainly won't be traded for a couple of bench guys and some 2nd round picks.

I also don't agree re George's position. He's been at his best at SG. And he's been at his best next to Granger. It's not the first time I hear it, but IMO it's a made up issue, based purely on Paul George's looks.

re David West, I think he'll be re-signed. He's the main guy in the locker room, and one of the main guys on the floor.
    And if he's not resigned, then they'll use that cap space to get someone else to start. Going from West/George in the starting lineup to Patterson/??? makes the Pacers a perennial .500 team.

17. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Using the ESPN Trade Machine, make what you think would be the best deal to acquire superstar #2 for the rockets.

Here's a link to the trade machine http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

18. ch44

ch44 Member

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

This deal works if done after December 15th:
    http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6154832

Kings get Jones, Asik, Motiejuanas

Pacers get Evans, Patterson, and Parsons.

We get Granger and Cousins.

Lin
    Harden
    Granger
    Morris
    Cousins

Not a bad team, but ironically we would need a power forward.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Morris, Patterson, White, Cook, Aldrich, and Douglas for Pau Gasol.

Lin / Machado
    Harden / Delfino
    Parsons / Delfino / Jones
    Gasol / Jones / DMo
    Asik / Smith

Lakers do it because: they save million upon millions in 2014 luxury taxes, and get a good pool of young talent to develop alongside their experienced players.

Rockets do it because: they get a legit post player that can also stretch the floor with his shot, and a HUGE expiring contract in 2014 that they can use to pickup a digruntled star (Love...for one). Plus, they don't waste two prime years of Lin/Harden. Sure....they're probably not a contender, but they should at least be able to get to the 2nd round.