1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat says Rigadeau is "Garbage"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MC Welk, Jan 23, 2003.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Very weak attempt. Pot, kettle, black, need I say more.

Sometimes even reacting to you is just not worth the time.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<i>Very weak attempt. Pot, kettle, black, need I say more. </i>

So, you got the irony of me pointing out to you that you are trying to dictate the course of the thread's subtopics.

or maybe you didn't. :rolleyes:

3. whos yao daddy

4. whos yao daddy

Yep. They should create a new basketball league for players like Little Stevie and CaTO. Rather than five players on each team, there would just be two players. Wouldn't it be exciting to watch Little Stevie and CaTO take on Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker?? No, you say? Well, maybe an all one-on-one league then -- that would be exciting, right?

Less punk, more passing ... please.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Personally, I think it's pretty funny what Cat said. I mean what the hell was he supposed to say? That the guy showed promise? He didn't!

6. whos yao daddy

Let's see..... he could have said, "Well, it's only his second game in the league. Maybe the next time we play the Mavs, the French guy will smoke us like everyone else on the Mavs does."

7. carayip

carayip Member

Ha... some people actually tried to defend Mobley like what he said is correct.

Ask yourself, if an opposing player said similar thing to one of our players no matter what he said is true or not, would you defend him?

Mobley being a Rox player doesn't mean that we have to defend what he said or did at all costs which seems to be the attitude of some posters here.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Exactly. I wonder how many Iverson or Kobe bashing threads would pop up if either of them said it.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

11. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

What kind of garbage is this. The man made a stupid comment end of story. You couldn't possibly know now that Rig isnt going to turn out to be a good player or not.

Here's a scenario for you.

Reporter: Hey Jermaine O'Neal what do you think of Yao Ming after his first game?

O'Neal: Garbage, he cant score, cant rebound, and showed nothing at all.

If this would of happened after Yao's first game, youd clamor about how idiotic it was for him to make such an "enlightened" comment after one freaking game. But its OK for Cuttino? After the first game, Yao was still a role player (at that point) not starting and had a terrible game. No one would be able to REALLY be able to tell if he would be a bust or not.

Sooooooo quick to defend anything that Mobley does on and off the court.

12. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Thank you. It was his SECOND GAME. What do you expect? He doesn't look too cool...........Bostjan looks a tad bit HIPPER. But it was just his 2nd game. They were lucky to find him. They didn't sign him for no reason. Mark Cuban is very intelligent. Yao didn't do much his 2nd game.

ANYWAYS. The Cat was mad and Michael Finley mocked the Rockets, too. It's even.

13. heypartner

But did you see Feigen go run around to the Mavericks lockerroom to interview Finley and Rigaudeau about Nachbar's 1-5 game on more minutes than Rigaudeau?

btw: am I the only one who sees ironic humor in Mobley's statement, "He can't dribble. What did he show, that he could miss a whole bunch of shots? You could get an American to do that." Whether he meant it or not, that's pretty funny....and the reporter missed his opportunity to point out the humor in how his quote can be read as a dis on American ballplayers.

14. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

I had never heard about Steve or Cat talking too much trash about individual players, or at least not anymore than most other good NBA players. Is this not something fairly unusual?

15. prlen

prlen Member

Rigaudeau was a feared 3 ' shooter .

The Cat was mad and Michael Finley mocked the Rockets!

anything is ok,Finney is not a class guy same as his teammate.
    who has class ? Don nelson !Nash!

#95 prlen, Jan 23, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2003
  16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nice. :rolleyes:

17. heypartner

RocketGuy3, yeah, we've never heard either call someone else's game garbage. Even if he is garbage and truly can't dribble, only coaches, fans, and stars are allowed to say that, and they generally reserve it for another stars, or in the case of fans...they use "garbage" to refer to coaches, stars and scrubs--and other fans, as well.

<blockQUOTE>Originally posted by prlen
    Rigaudeau was a feared 3 ' shooter .
    period.
    </blockQUOTE>
    Not from NBA distance.

Feigen: "So, Kobe, what did you think about Hawkins guarding you?"

Kobe: "Who??"

#97 heypartner, Jan 23, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2003
  18. cmellon

cmellon Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall any opponent player in a postgame quotes saying Yao Ming is a "garbage."

Even Starbury only said something like: "I don't wanna put Amare besides Yao, 7'6'' or not."

There's no advantage whatsoever in underestimating and badmouthing other players. Actually it's already 1-0 for Rigadeau. It only shows immaturity and ego problem of our players. But this kind of attitude is difficult to fix.

I'm not talking about Mobley's basketball skills. Yes he's a skilled player, but he certainly can improve his attitude.

19. heypartner

cmellon, but Yao never was "garbage." The quotes from Jermaine O'Neal, Davis and Ben Wallace after they had trouble guarding him in the first half in World Championships settled all that. Comparing quotes about the NBA's #1 pick with an enlightening summer experience against All-Stars under his belt is a lame comparison.

Rigaudeau could very well not be better than Walt Williams on Dallas...and all of us called Walt garbage last year. Cuttino is not good enough to say that about anyone, but I'll certainly say it.

It looks like Rigaudeau is <b>garbage</b> like Walt Williams. Ahhh, that felt better.

enjoy the hype while it lasts Mavericks fans, because, <b>as Nachbar said,</b> he's "a player whose career is probably coming to an end."

:p

20. thedreamisover

When you are a competitor and you suffer a defeat, sometimes you let your anger get the best of you and you say something in the heat of the moment. We have way bigger problems to worry about.