1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cat says Rigadeau is "Garbage"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MC Welk, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

R0ckets03
    What is wrong with you? What do you mean by "Euro ass"? Is it that you were not brought up well or you just lack decency? Whuch one is it bro?

2. Toast

Toast Member

You know, the original poster didn't even post the question that was asked to Mobley. There's a good chance that the question was something along the lines of, "What do you think about even Rigadeau getting his first NBA field goal on you guys tonight? He really showed you guys that European basketball is catching up to the US." Mobley responds, "Garbage, he can't dribble ... what did he show? That he can miss a whole bunch of shots? You could get an American to do that."

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Two wrongs don't make a right. You of all people should know better.

4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Toast,

If the reporter had told Mobley, "He really showed you guys that European basketball is catching up to the US." then I honestly do believe that Mobley would have told the reporter that he was an idiot and laughed at him, as anyone else would have.

5. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

That's why Bill Worrell is one of the best basketball announcers ever.

On topic though, who cares if you talk trash.....but at the very least WIN, and avoid being 'raped' for an entire game.
    And it is annoying to hear this sort of trash coming from a Rockets STARTER.
    Especially considering the fact we brought in 2 foreign players this year.
    One, before even playing a single game, being called the biggest bust in NBA history.
    I think we can all remember Yao's first several weeks....
    He wasn't the biggest bust in NBA history, but he was exactly playing like a ROY candidate either.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Seemed to say." But I didn't say it. Nowhere did I say this. I said the hype is annoying. Whether you insist otherwise, I was partaking in this thread by addressing the journalist's question to Mobley and Nachbar.

Easy, don't get me wrong, I like to read your posts, but sometimes your propensity to pigeonhole everyone's comments is pretty simplistic and trite. If you can't allow someone to say what they mean, you are the one putting words in their mouth, then.

<blockquote><hr> BTW, this thread isn't about media hype or about whether Mobley is a good player or about whether that French guy is good. It's about Mobley saying things he shouldn't have said, which put the Rockets in a bad light.<hr></blockquote>
    ummm, please 'splain to me where the author of this post said the thread was about Mobley saying things he shouldn't. He said, "pretty funny, we sure do talk smak." So, I guess you are putting words into the Thread Author's mouth, too. Admit it.

There is a discussion in NBA Dish about Rigadeau. I guess I should have quoted Nachbar over there, so I don't get pigeonholed as a classless punk, alongside Mobley's comments.

*good grief*

btw: if Rigadeau doesn't improve, I hope you don't mind me saying he's a no-defense, no-dribbling scrub come playoff time...especially if we draw Dallas.

#46 heypartner, Jan 23, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2003
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thanks for Mother Goose lesson. thought I was addressing cujo, though. :rolleyes:

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

heypartner, so calling another person "garbage" and making a xenophobic remark is ok in your book?

Just because someone has a bad game does not give others the right to call him garbage and to bad-mouth him.

We were upset about the same kind of remark against Yao ("it's only hype because he is a foreigner, there are enough good basketball players in America", etc.).

Everything I have seen of Cat in interviews etc. before, I liked, but this remark is classless crap and he should apologize for it.

9. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

Funny how you opened a thread in the BBS Hangout Forum a few months ago saying you were shocked and offended when people laughed at you and attacked you because you look like a pakistani .

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Excellent catch. That guy eventually apologized, by the way, and I expect the same from R0ckets03.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Good Lord. I know you guys aren't claiming racism when I say "Euro ass". You guys can kiss my American ass.

12. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

http://www.nba.com/games/20021101/HOUDEN/boxscore.html No, Yao made his first NBA basket on a turnaround fadeaway J against Denver the 2nd game of the season:)

But no, i agree with You. The new guy for Dallas will be like Slava Medvedenko to the Lakers. Just an add-on. Not to make a dramatic change in the team, but just to try to mold one more player into being a good defender and someone who can make those clutch baskets and free throws.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

HP, you are right. There are three types of people:

1. The pigeonholers: those who pigeonhole everybody

2. The non-pigeonholers: those who don't pigeonhole everybody

3. The pigeonholer-pigeonholers: those who pigeonhole the pigeonholers

I fit into pigeonhole #1. You fit into #3. :D :D

Seriously, I don't like the media's pitching foreigners against Americans either. Maybe not as negative as you. A player is a player. What does it matter where he's from. Except that I think the question about how we train our players, and how our players (especially young kids) perceive the game as opposed to the Euro style is a legitimate question to ask, whatever side you are on. But that's another topic.

And I dont' really know how good Rigadeau is or will be. I am sure he's no Sabonis. But he's at least a lot healthier than Sabonis was when he came.

14. R0ckets03

I'll be damned if I apologize. I was called a "half-n*****" and told to "go back to my own country" and to "stop blowing up people".

I highly doubt that equates to "Euro ass". He is a European and he is an ass = Euro ass. I know I can be an ass sometimes and I could care less if you called me an Indian or American ass.

Loosen those panties yall. :rolleyes:

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Cat could have at least sprinkled in something positive about the guy. You know, such as, "well, I like his movies, especially the ones with the costumes." That would have made him seem classier and smartier.

[​IMG]

16. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

Mature answer , you should be proud on yourself.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I spilled some proud on myself once. Never did get the damn stain out.

18. R0ckets03

I am.

19. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Come on guys!!!! This isn't a mature team who has won the championship, hell, more less have even any playoff experience what so ever with an exception of Glen Rice and Rudy T. This team is a work in progress! Last year at this time they were so far below 500. it wasn't even funny. Let's be thankful the Rockets team has the athletism they have to win the games they have won. IN a couple of years after our players get the playoff experience it'd be reasonable to argue their lack of basketball knowledge. Let this team learn from its mistakes and grow!!!!

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Les needs to put his foot down about the unofficial Rockets spokepersons. They have no reason to speak out about anyone else, since their own performances leave a lot to wish for!