1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barack Obama Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, May 2, 2011.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm on full out attack mode right now... i dont care of you don't like obama's policies (i'm not a huge fan of a lot of them myself), but i'm done playing nice with the most myopic and hypocritical group of buffoons i can ever remember.

time to start calling a spade a spade.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WE NEED TO TRADE OBAMA NOW WHILE HIS VALUE IS HIGH!

GIT R DONE MOREY!

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Gen. McChrsytal wishes it were so.

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Good point. If this mission had gone wrong Republicans and other Obama critiques would be dragging him through the coals. This would be looked at like Carter's failed Iran hostage rescue mission.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What changed when he left? Pentagon cleared him of wrongdoing by the way.

6. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I think both Presidents deserve lots of credit. Bush set a good base to build on and Obama had the balls to act. Congrats on a job well done!

1 person likes this.
  7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Thanks W for laying the groundwork (Gitmo, Afghanistan/Paki operations infrastructure) and our troops for executing (literally).

Thanks, Obama, for looking like an idiot trying to take credit

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

awful.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If it was botched, we'd know nothing about it...maybe a story about an "errant or defective missile accidentally" blowing up a house in a Pakistani neighborhood.

Then people would go on their lives not even thinking twice about bin Laden.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

11. Zion

Zion Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Zion

Zion Member

13. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

The capture of Bin Laden was the result of strong and competent leadership, and the difference between Obama and Bush couldn’t be any more striking than it is today. Remember that Bush pulled resources out[ /i] of Afghanistan to get involved in an ill thought out and illegal war in Iraq. His administration then lost track of Bin Laden and really had no idea where he was for the rest of Bush’s term. Obama made finding him a top priority, and two years later he got him. Beyond that Bush’s inexperience and naivety got the US stuck in quagmires in both Iraq and Afghanistan, a now in just two years Obama is well on his way to digging the US out of both of those situations. Strong, competent leadership vs. weak, inexperienced and just plain bad leadership. The difference couldn’t be clearer than it is today.

1 person likes this.
  14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'll give the guy credit for giving deploying special ops to kill Osama Bin Laden, but there are so many other actions, so many bills signed into law, so many other executive decisions that I couldn't support. I didn't vote for him and I won't vote for him this time.

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

While our outlook on Obama might be different, I have to say I really respect and admire what you said here.

16. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

What a stubborn, ignorant, biased, inane, and flat-out awful post. One of the worst I've seen in some time.

Trump gave him credit, Giuliani gave him credit, Limbaugh gave him credit, hell basso gave him credit. Take off your NObama-vision glasses for once and see what's there.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just Googled Limbaugh. I think you've been tricked.

18. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

This is pretty much were I will fall as well.

Pretty amazing all this manifested out of a singular nickname of pretty much an anonymous courier learned all the way back 2004. It would have been so easy to give up on that lead given the time gaps between breakthroughs where they learnt new info on this courier.

I mean you go from 2004 where they get the info of the possible courier and his nickname from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to 2005 where they basically confirm the info after capturing Faraj al-Libi. Then begins the hunt to find the needle in the haystack by just going of a nickname and that doesn't turn up any fruits of labor until 2007 when they learn the couriers real name.

Then another 3 year gap of time takes place because they can't locate him until August of 2010 when he makes a phone call being monitored by the CIA and they finally have him and then he thusly inadvertently leads the CIA to the Abbottabad compound setting up the nine month countdown to where President Obama makes the gusty call to go in and snuff out Bin Laden.

Amazing fortitude, perseverance and detective work demonstrated by both administrations, the CIA, the NSA, and the military. Congrats to them all on an impressive job well done as they essentially tracked down a needle in world size haystack going off of the most minute info possible to find another needle that had eluded the combined efforts of multiple nations around the world for over 15 years. Again congrats to them all.

#38 rcoleman15, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The intel that eventually lead to Obama being captured was discovered during the Bush presidency and continuously followed up on by the CIA until a break occurred. Many people have always argued it was going to take intel and small operations to get him. Those people have pretty much been vindicated, and I fail to see how finding OBL was anything but a continuous process that was uninterrupted by the changing of presidents.

Maybe the exact same thing wouldn't have happened under a different president, but I really have no idea. Of course Obama is deserving of praise. But turning this into a political cheer-leading event with speculation running wild just seems like the typical politically-motivated bull****. This time by armchair generals who can't really have any actual insight into all the information and decisions that were made over the past several years leading up to this. I don't really don't see how trying to use this as an "in your face Bush" moment is any less pathetic than those trying to take away the credit Obama deserves. Well, maybe a little less pathetic, but pathetic nonetheless.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

In the words of Dick Cheney, Go **** yourself