1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UEFA Champions League 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Great Win by Inter. Fantastic game overall. Just finished watching the replay. Lucio was great.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is why van Gaal needs to go. Unfortunately, Basti is not physically at his best right now and our defense is a mess, van Gaal switched it around 18 times (!) this season, randomly plays other people...imagine Adelman randomly assigning minutes to different players, and making Lowry play center, etc., that's what van Gaal has been doing all season. I want his pompous ass out now (not that it makes a difference anymore). Worst Bayern season in 10 years or so.

Not to mention that the first Inter goal was clearly offside, but due to Bayern's passiveness in the second half (after a great first half) and the coach not reacting/doing the wrong things, Inter's victory is actually deserved. We could have used van Bommel as a leader today, too bad van Gaal drove him (and previously Lucio) out of town. I also can't believe van Gaal keeps playing Pranjic every game, 90 minutes per game, the guy is a freaking 3rd division dwarf who makes costly mistakes every game and has no game at all. It's as if Adelman were to play some NBDL guy 44 minutes every game.

I broke a seat in the stadium after the match, kicked it to pieces. Sorry. Grizzled, please report me to the authorities for it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree, the 1st goal was clearly irregular.
    It makes you just so angry seein how we could've went to halftime with a 3-1 or 4-1 lead EASILY, that 3on1 situation where Ribery didn't pass killed it for me. We dominated Inter so hard til Robben went out, it shifted the momentum big time. I just don't get why Louis subbed in Altintop, BADSTUBER. They had no impact on the game and are not reliable in CL. Getting a counter-goal in 89. min is so wrong, the emphasis should've been on defending the lead with all players, it boggles my mind to see that garbage. Bein down and needing a goal he subs in KROOS instead of Klose???? WTF was wrong with Louis, all his subs were trashy decisions. I really blame the loss on the Coach for not directing the team.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Unbelievable. Bayern should have won that EASILY. The first half gave them plenty of chances to do so, they actually played a fantastic half. The second half I was getting annoyed with Mario Gomez - he had two clear opportunities to pass the ball to the open man and screwed it up both times by either being selfish or bumbling it off his foot.

Robben going off is to me a symbol of van Gaal's entire reign at Bayern. Robben carried him the entire time and van Gaal decided that it was his coaching that did it. I think he's a great coach, but his personality and stubbornness get in the way. He could have bought new defensive players but instead he thought he could solve it with the clearly ineffective pairing he has now. He's given internal players the chance (Muller), but others just are not good enough. Further, he drives someone like van Bommel to Milan. What was he thinking?! As Ronald Koeman and Mulder were saying in the Dutch analysis, he's the leader, hes' the guy who is good in possession and organisation. That wasn't there today.

Sneijder's post-game quotes are great also. He was saying he could not believe that Bayern were still going for the 3-1 as the second half went on. He said the spaces left were unbelievable and that because of that they knew the goal would come in time. He looked absolutely amazed by the strategy employed by Bayern.

Van Gaal should have left at the end of last season. Then he would have gone a hero. Now Bayern fans will just remember this.

1 person likes this.
  5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Go Chelsea!

About to get to the next round once we take care of business against Copenhagen.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, that was unbelievable. By the way, I kind of want to see Kroos gone, too. He is good when things are going well, but he disappears when it matters.

7. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

The Quarters are set, the matchups are:

Real Madrid vs. Tottenham

Chelsea vs. Man U

Barcelona vs. Shakhtar

Inter vs. Schalke

Dates for the matches are April 5, 6 and 12, 13.

This is gonna be good!

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tottenham keeps getting ****ed with really difficult draws. I'm sure if they somehow beat Real, their prize will be Barca.

9. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Barca vs R.Madrid in SEMIS!!!! WOW!!!

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Chelsea vs Madrid in the Finals, double wow!

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Amazing win by Schalke, took revenge for Bayern and made Germany proud.
    If nothing out of ordinary happens they're a lock for semis vs. ManU/Chelsea, good matchups too.

Surprised Real won this big, thought it would be way more close.
    Semis vs. Barca, will be greatly entertaining.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

5-2 Schalke over the defending champs.

that stankovic goal was WOW

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You have to figure both of those matchups are all but decided after today's collective a** kickings...especially with Schalke doing it on the road. Wish I remembered to set the dvr today. 11 goals in 2 games played would have been fun to see.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Leonardo lost the Serie A and the Champions league in the same week, and conceded 8 goals in the process.

Dude has to go, he's not qualified.

Real really tore Tottenham a new one. Even before Crouch got sent off, it was clear that they were going all out for the kill. Lots of injuries at this point, so this is a great way to rest some key players in the second leg, maybe give Kaka a chance to regain form.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

Big games tonight.

Visca Barca always and

GO Chelsea. I can't hate but hate the Devils.

16. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

MANCHESTER UNITED

predictions:
    Manchester 3-1
    Barça 2-0

17. ths balla

ths balla Member

18. REEKO_HTOWN

well that was fast:grin:

19. MourningWood