1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoopChina]Carl's agent: Landry wanna come back to the Rockets next year..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That's why he orders in. :)

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I can't believe I'm saying this but no thanks...

I just really don't see room for Landry in our roster with young forwards in Patterson and Hill already at the back-up PF position and both locked up for a while on cheap contracts.

--RB

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

OK, not great. Despite getting more minutes, he put up similar numbers to what he did in Houston.

HOU
    16 ppg, 5.5 rpg in 27 minutes

SAC
    18 ppg, 6.5 rpg in 37 minutes.

Compare that to Scola who was pretty much averaging 20 and 10 after the trade.

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

For a $3M player, these numbers are good and great.

5. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

it seems like an old interview.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I was just thinking earlier this morning how great it would be to have Landry back.

Don't get me wrong, I love Scola and I think Patrick Patterson is going to be a pretty good player, but Landry is established. He has an efficient low post game, he hustles his butt off, and he's a great person and teammate. Signing Carl back would easily put Houston's bench at the top of the league.

7. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I can see this happening. Patrick Patterson probably won't get significant minutes since he's a rookie, and they want Jordan Hill to move over to the backup center spot. Chuck Hayes can play spot minutes for defensive assignments. And Scola should be fine with adding Landry since he himself said he was ok with the Rockets pursuit of Chris Bosh.

The question would be whether Scola or Landry should start, and would Landry accept a bench role after getting starting minutes for the Kings.

8. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

IF he wanted to come back here, he would have to know that it would be as a backup so I don't see that being a problem.

I think most other teams would offer him more money and a starting position though...

9. amaru

amaru Member

Sounds good but I'll believe it when I see it

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Get him back to another 3 year, give him enough minutes to reraise his stock and pull off another trade in 2012 with whoever's allstar level talent in SAC again.

11. k-money

k-money Member

i just read that 6 times and still dont get it

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Jeffries won't be here next season and if they're pushing Hill to the backup C position they're pretty much signaling Hill that he is not in our long term plans. Hill is not a center and Miller is our backup C.

We'll have room on the roster after next season I would love to have Carl back.

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

This just made my day. I don't care whether it's true or not, just the thought of it makes me happy. :)

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hell yes.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes please

Makes Patterson and Hill expendable, or atleast moreso than they already are.

17. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Why wouldn't an agent say good things about China's favorite team? That's just good marketing. Doubt any part of it should really be taken seriously.

But there is little chance Landry makes his way back here. We are loaded at the 4, with PP set as the future at the position. Even then, we won't be able to sign him as a FA since we'll only have the MLE available. Stranger things have happened, but no reason to even think about it.

18. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I guess he still prefers Houston over Sacramento?

I don't know if I'd ever go back to live at the city where I was shot at...

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I love Landry like the next guy, but where will he play? We are finally getting some hieght. Why would he wanna come here to compete with taller guys to back up Scola? With Hill developing, could Landry even crack our rotation? You can't teach hieght and length. Im just sayin.....

20. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member