1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[HoopChina]Carl's agent: Landry wanna come back to the Rockets next year..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Aug 2, 2010.

1. txtodd

txtodd Member

Meh, not all that interested. Decent fit with Yao, but Yao might be done by then, who knows.

2. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

The only way that Landry will get "Scola money" is if Landry has a great year with Sac., and it could happen, barring an injury. Lets face it, he has only been a starter since February, and even though he came from a completely different offensive scheme, he still performed pretty well. After a summer and training camp, he will have a better grasp of their system, and actually can, and hopefully will have that great year, resulting in a "Scola Contract."

(Basically, I hope he plays well next year and gets paid.)

Now, that being said, I'm not too sure about the credibility of the source.If it is credible, I'm pretty sure that Sac. PR is raising hell about it with Landry's people.

I would love to have Landry back as he has been one of the more loved players in the Toyota Center. If Morey can somehow swing it...(see Sig.) :grin:

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's a lot more than a grain of salt.

4. LandryMegaBeast

COME BACK TO HOUSTON!!!!

we miss you landry

5. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

morey get it done gettin kmart than landry back would be a huge steal

6. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

When it comes to our depth at PF, for me its as simple as this: who would you rather have as a backup for Scola for the next 3 (minimum) years? I say Landry, he's stronger, a better shooter and more explosive. Patterson is REALLY good too, and can be great for us in the future, but that's the thing he CAN be. Landry has and will be. He's proven it, and 16 ppg behind Scolas about 20 is hard to pass up. The tmac trade was AWESOME and the only thing that kept me from jumping up and down was seeing Landry go. He was my favorite rocket last year, then Martin took the title. These comments seem weird, I hope is credible, hoopchina usually is. If we could somehow get him back.. WOW! Just thinking of our lineup.. replacing pat (although I like him) with Landry is a no brainer in my mind. I've always wondered how cool it would be if we didn't have to give up Carl, and now.. i don't wanna get my hopes up but, get r done, Morey! :grin:

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Well, if the Rockets clear a few spots from their roster in a big move then the roster could need a guy like Landry. I would love to have him back, but not at the expense of playing time for Patterson and Hill.

8. Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero Member

Saw him at the barber shop in early june, if that means anything.

I guess he likes Houston.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Of course we want him back. i was shocked we traded him in the first place. I like Martin but felt we could have gotten more for Landry eventually.

10. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

While I really started missing Landry the other day thanks to YoYo's video from this post, I wish his agent hadn't opened his mouth at this point, and like others have said I'm not sure how he would fit in. Of course, we have another year to figure out the logistics and discover whether Hill can adapt to being a 5 and Patterson has the potential to blossom in the NBA.

That said, this still brought a big smile to my face. SAC is definitely one of the teams I will be watching this year. Thanks for posting.

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I know this is an old question but I just want to confirm. The girl that was with him the night he got shot was she really a hooker? Cause I find it odd that he got shot and nothing is reported of the chick.

12. amaru

amaru Member

I'm not saying he'll return but at this point. Landry > Hill. And it really isn't even that close.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Can't help but smile. That's awesome news! We love Landry! He's one of the best guys out there.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

that would make my landry jersey relevant again! ;)

15. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

HoopChina:Who is Carl's best friend?
    Aron:Brooks.

Lol, I see what they did there with "Aron Brooks"! Lmao :eek:

16. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

17. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

love carl but i think we got something special in pp

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't see howw he would fit, with Hayes, Yao, Miller, Scola, Jeffries, Patterson, and Hill. I don't think his contract expires until net year though. I also don't know how credbile this source is.

19. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

blah blah blah...he is not coming back here and he has two more years on his deal if im not mistaken....