1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoopChina]Carl's agent: Landry wanna come back to the Rockets next year..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Aug 2, 2010.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm sure there is quite a bit lost in translation here. The fact is nearly all the articles we get from over there have some head scratching "how did that story break there of all places?" angle to it....and it normally ends up not coming to fruition.

...but I think it's a fair assessment to say Landry probably does like Houston and the Kings are obviously going to make Cousins the future at PF so I'm sure Landry will leave the Kings when his contract is up....but I'm having a hard time imagining Morey putting significant dollars down on Landry with Scola already signed to a starter type contract. Houston may want him, and he may want to return, but that doesn't mean the dollars and sense work out. He ought to go play with his brother in NY. I would think a Landry/Stoudamire pairing would be something D'Antoni would do - no defense, but two guys who can score. Landry in particular is great at moving off the ball to get open on the baseline for easy hoops.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What's even funnier is you couldn't understand a lick of what Moses said either and he was born in the United States.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The picture matches, Smith is in China with Landry. Not sure if he's mistranslated by the reporter in China or if he just said it since the Rockets are popular in China and he didn't think it would pass back to the U.S. It is just strange for an agent to publicly say such a thing even if Landry does want to rejoin the Rockets. If the agent did talk with the Rockets re: Landry, it would seem to be tempering. Even if not, it would seem to be bad form for a guy under contract talking about wanting to play for another team.

Imagine the bad PR that would result if Lebron's agent publicly said he's interested in Miami LAST summer.

4. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

NaCl is a hell of a drug

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

isn't cousins suppose to be their center?

1 person likes this.
  6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

usually a sports agent isn't so loose-lipped...

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like how you had to explain your obvious attempt at humor.

Also, that much salt does not a grain equate. :grin:

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

oh i thought you was gonna take carl wanting to come back to houston with a grain of cocaine instead. that is miore than a grain though of coke though :eek:

9. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

this interview is full of ****. just like anything that comes out of china.

i'll believe it next off-season when morey is allowed to speak about it.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yao came out of China, you don't believe him?

I joke with you, but on a certain level I agree with you. Anything is possible though. When SF3 came back to Houston I was in a great amount of disbelief myself, but it happened...