1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Paul wants out of New Orleans before season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, Jul 21, 2010.

1. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Dadakota is right

1.even though its a trade and not a signing, you better believe that agents(lrmr) do have a say-so over where paul gets traded to. you dont hear about this stuff in the media, but all it takes is one phone call to NO. "if you dont accept Knicks trade exemption, then we'll make sure no fa's come to orleans ever again"

2.melo,paul,amare have already discussed teaming up. at melos wedding,.

3.orlando,lakers are listed imo only as leverage,...the real target is knicks paul likes

4.our knick picks 2011/2012 are about to be worthless in a month or so when this trade goes down...paul,randolph,amare in the east? wow

5.knicks are under the cap, cant they trade a te for paul?

6. morey should have traded those picks on draft night or last week for iggy...this dreamcasting and holding onto these so-called "assets" is a waste of time like DD says. Waiting on Bosh cost us amare. If we got Amare we could probably lure Paul. Now,waiting on Granger or Paul will cost us Iggy because Ny keeps getting better by the day.

After the summer league no team thinks Hill is a asset,and those knicks picks will lose all value if they get paul. Morey should have did his splash already instead of waiting for the deadline.

Also, I still think the rockets will trade off budinger+jeffries at deadline to save money. Possibly 2 trades hill+battier and cbud+jeffries. If the rockets want to get under the tax like always they still might.

2. choujie

choujie Member

Come on, Read carefully. The list I showed are traded to different CONFERENCE, not outside division. That's commen sense, you won't meet differenct conference team until NBA final. But in same conference, they might eliminate you in 1st round if you meet them.

I can't recall last time an all star is traded within same division.

3. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

I like.

Posey will be great addition against the Heaters.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Post All-Star

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/collida01/splits/2010/
    Code:
    FG%  	3P%  	FT%  	MP  	PTS  	TRB  	AST
    [COLOR=Red].509  	.452  	[/COLOR].848  	40.0  	18.9  	3.3  	8.7
    If you're trying to make a player expendable, its putting up %'s like that.

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I don't understand why some people are saying that NO isn't interested in Brooks?

If they trade CP3, they won't have a back up point guard. A Collison/Brooks combo is a nice building block for a rebuilding team.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You won't find a nicer person off the court. Chris Paul foundation is AMAZING. Don't know where you are getting "punk". Know this, Daryl Morey is going to do everything in his power to acquire him, and I would not count him out...

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You think Brooks would be the backup behind Collison?

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Are we the Magic, Knicks, or Lakers? Didn't think so! Next subject. Let's see if our guys can get the job done. We deep and very talented.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Those are the only teams that were named, if you read the article it says his list of preferred teams consist of the Magic, Knicks, or Lakers. It doesn't say those were the only teams he's interested in going to.

Even if he was, they could send his @$$ Minnesota and he can't do anything about it.

10. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Man is sports journalism garbage these days. I'm sick writers eating up every single word of these unnamed sources and reporting them as if they're a reputable source to base an entire story on. Sources say Paul won't be NO at the start of next season? Well I've got multiple sources that say bullcrap to that and guarantee me he'll be in NO.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He had one good season and people are calling him better than Chris Paul. Bahahaha.

Just like when Tracy had that one good game in New York and everyone thought he was back.

Keep dreaming fools.

12. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

That in no way equates to having heart. It's one thing to say he is one of the best, if not the best point guard, but him asking to be traded because he wants to win does not mean he has heart. A desire to win and having heart are not the same thing. Having heart is coming back from an injury plagued season and giving his all to help his team win, and if the team trades him, he has no regrets. If his comments are true then the word that describes Chris Paul is entitled. He has been in the league only 5 years, Kobe and Garnett were well into their careers and prime when they started complaining about supporting cast.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wait, what leverage does Paul have to force a trade to a team of his choice? He is not a FA, or even soon to be FA. He still has two more years on his contract, right? Why would NO facilitate something for Paul if it doesn't benefit the Hornets?

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Exactly, I don't know why people are scared of Knicks getting him. If I'm Hornets I saw F you CP3, you can warm the bench if you are putting this strict criteria on us.

Honestly teams need to grow a pair when players do this (like Rockets did with Tmac), he won't be willing to bench warm and will just man up because 2 years of bench warming will screw up his next contract bad.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Let the false hopes and sleepless nights begin!!

God i love the NBA!!

16. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Lets say Houston wanted to trade for Paul and NO liked the trade package. Paul can simply tell Houston he's going to leave after his contract is up.

There goes the deal.

17. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Martin for Paul!!!

Get'er done Morey.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Id love that! But... does NO even have that many roster spots?? lol

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

If the franchise player of the team isn't interested in playing, the rest of the team surely will be a bit discouraged.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thank you very much LeBron, you've ruined the NBA, pretty much turning all superstar players into cowards.