1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Paul wants out of New Orleans before season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, Jul 21, 2010.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

It is still a long shot. But at least their is a chance now, versus before there was none at all. There are a lot of things that could go against this deal working out (not trying to be negative just being real about both sides, we wouldn't want to go through the bosh roller coaster again.)

Dakota and the guys make good points about him deciding to leave if he wants to when his contract expires. If he goes deep in the playoffs with us it would give us a stronger chance to resign him. But Brooks would more likely be here long term, than if a guy that was forced to be here in a trade who did not win anything or go deep in playoffs.

He also did not mention Houston as a destination. Bosh didn't really show interest either and he meant it, it wasn't just a smokescreen.
    Yao is a superstar, but he has not been proven to stay healthy and have his team go to the finals like Dwight Howard has done. Paul knows this.
    NY (unless melo goes next year probably not contenders) and LA (unlikely I think) are both glamorous large media centers

Still a long shot but one worth pursuing (don't get me wrong I want him). If not we have a very good team and point guard and will still be fine IMO

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I, too, am interested in seeing what Brooks can do for us this season. I'd be happy if we somehow got Paul and I'd be happy if our team stayed the same.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hate to bust you bubble, but its HIGHLY UNLIKELY that they trade this guy inside the division or that Morey would waste resources on a guy who may move on the first chance he gets to join some new NBA boy band. CP3 DOMINATES the ball and hasn't won a damn thing.

4. worzel gummidge

Same could be said for LeBron. No GM in this league would turn down an offer to get LeCrab.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Just like No GM would trade a superstar player within his OWN division to get his a$$ kicked 4 times a year!

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I hope NO does NOT trade CP3.

The players are becoming bigger than the teams. NO should send a message to CP3 and the rest of the NBA by keeping him. Now, other players who might want to be traded will have to keep quiet. For a long time players have used the media to gain leverage in order to get traded and it has worked. But, if NO does not decide to trade Paul, other players will keep their mouths shut.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

No they wont!

What do athletes and doctors have in common???

EGOS!!!! They dont let anybody effect what they wanna do!!

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Just in time to time to save LeBron from the media tongue lashing his been receiving. But Im sure most media outlets will agree with Paul because his team has stunk recently.

9. j-young

j-young Member

I can't see him going anywhere but Orlando. Lakers won't trade any of their bigs (Gasol, Bynum, Odom) because the law says you need the inside advantage to win a championship unless you have a Jordan on your team. IMO NY is the least likely because they don't have anyone attractive enough to make the deal.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I can see him in orlando with howard. Jameer and build it from there would work. They will not trade paul in the same divison, period. He probably wont get traded interconference.

11. PointForward

PointForward Member

I will stop watching the Rockets if we acquire this flopping-a$$, no good piece of crap cheap shot artist.

12. Asian Sensation

Like Scola's never flopped and Ariza's never thrown a cheap shot? :rolleyes:
    I'm not a fan of CP3 but there's no denying his talent and what he brings to the table.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I like your trade proposal The_Yoyo, but I think Bud will be ahead of Taylor in the rotation, don't you? By the way, I think the Hornets will strong consider to get Bud in a package for Paul ...

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Jep, I agree. Magic is probably Paul's first choice, than NY IMO.
    But you can't count out the Lakers ...

15. anesticle

anesticle Member

Fisher/Blake and Nelson/Duhon....the Lakers and Magic are mentioned as a smokescreen. Paul is going to the Knicks.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

One more reason to get Paul!

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lakers would trade anyone but gasol or kobe.

chris paul
    pau gasol
    kobe bryant

you get those three guys together and you worry about the rest through another trade or something else.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Honestly? I might want a lockout next year. The owners need to massively crack down on the players running rampant, and this would be a prime opportunity to do it.

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Hey now, why you bringing doctors into this mess?

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I don't even think that Big 3 is even better than Miami's Big 3.

Kobe - Lebron, a wash
    Gasol - Bosh, a wash
    CP3 - Wade, definitely Wade

The Lakers strength comes from their:

1. Length/height esp. their frontcourt of Odom, Gasol, Bynum
    2. Depth, formidable starting five with fish-kobe-artest-gasol-bynum and versatile Odom coming off the bench.

Basically, if you take Odom out of the picture, Lakers are nowhere near as strong.

Lakers pretty much need to keep Odom, Artest, Bynum - in that order.