1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ weighs in on who is better - Kobe or LBJ

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dream Shake 81, Jul 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. nevetslc

nevetslc Member

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Kinda like when Bryant had 23 points and 15 boards in Game 7 and all you bring up is that he went 6-24.

3. clippy

clippy Member

I think we'll see just how good these players are/were this year, now that Lebron is gone. And yes, I think it's very possible for an elite player to join a team of average talent and take them to 60 wins. Larry Bird and David Robinson both did it, but neither won until they got more help.

4. clippy

clippy Member

I think Kobe and LBJ had very comparable game 7s. But Lebron had some huge games prior to that while Kobe was pretty mediocre the entire Boston series save, I think, game 5, which LA lost anyway. Gasol was clearly the Finals MVP because he had the biggest impact in the games the Lakers won.

5. DontTradeOswalt

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYLhdgHJRwc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aYLhdgHJRwc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Owned...

6. clippy

clippy Member

OMG, Kobe is the most overrated defender ever. He has lived his whole career off a few times when he "locked down" AI or TMac or some superstar, but in 90% of the games he doesn't even guard his guy which is why the Lakers are routinely lit up by scrubs (eg, Bruce Bowen or Jared Dudley going off for career highs).

You can use the rings argument if you want, but basketball is a team sport and it doesn't seem right to elevate players just because they've been on good teams. For instance, Dominique Wilkins is seriously underrated as a player (not even top-50 what a joke) just because he was never on a good team. Compare his numbers to Kobe's and you'd have a tough time telling them apart.

7. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Um, no. Huge cop out. REALITY CHECK: Mo Williams is not a scrub, Jamison is DEFINATLEY not a scrub. Delonte West is not a scrub, JJ Hickson is not a scrub. Big Z is not a scrub, neither is Shaq. Lebron's in the weaker conference and still cant get it done. It's not a argument who's the best player in the league anymore. Kobe hand down :)

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you talking about dunking . .. maybe
    but awkward shots or mid range game. . i don't think I can concede that

Rocket RIver

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Who cares what MJ says, to me he is an ignorant and arrogant man, so i do not value his opinion.
    As far as who is better, its 1 choice only, Kobe.
    I hate the lakers, and Lebron has a chance to be the greatest of all time, but here is the thing.. Basketball is a team sport, so as far as who is better with a cast around him, its obvious Kobe is and he has 5 Reasons he can show you why. Lebron may be the best individually talented player, but unfortunately the Nba is not a one on one sport. Kobe owns this one.

10. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Are you only saying that because Kobe made all defensive first team? It was a joke. I can name 5 players more deserving of that award.

11. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Pau Gasol finals stats
    18.6pts
    11rebs

Kobe Bryant finals stats
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5446530#
    28.6pts
    8rebs

LMAO..You guys will conjure up ANYTHING to discredit Kobe because of ur personal dislike for him lol. Gasol had nice stats, but to say he's "CLEARLY THE FINALS MVP" just shows how much you hate Kobe.

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I do agree that there are better man defenders in the league. I think one-on-one he is superior to LeBron.

13. TheFreak

You're a joke. Bye.

14. TheFreak

It's understandable that a Clipper fan would harbor a ton of resentment for Bryant, who teased them in '04 when he was a free agent. He probably got 'clippy' all excited and thinking there was a chance he would play for LAC. Not to mention the bitterness that goes along with being a Clipper fan to begin with.

15. clippy

clippy Member

LOL @your need to use personal attacks because you can't come up with a decent argument. Typical sheep to the ESPN hype machine.

16. spysta

spysta Member

Lebron is clearly better, jordan has never given lebron props other than the standard interview garb. I think MJ is secretly worried about Lebron surpassing his Legacy.........and rightfully so!

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Kobe. Until Lebron does something like win a Championship first. if he never does then Kobe will always be better. Micheal is better than both so moot argument.

18. Tesla

Tesla Member

Of course MJ is going to say the better, the player that has a chance to surpass his legacy, is worse

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did you see the game? JVG and mark jackson openly questioned his ineptitude offensively and how he needs to take better shots through the first 3.5 quarters.

20. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

I'll let MJ build your team. I'll take Jerry West to build my team.