1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: Since Morey got owned in the last Kings deal....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 18, 2010.

1. carmichael dave

Nuno on with us right now.

khtk.com

1-800-1140 to ask questions

441140 to text

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nice interview CD...solid as usual.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good stuff CD & Nuno

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

donte is terrible in sac-town.

5. jedicro

jedicro Member

LOL!

I DON'T NEED TO SEE ANYMORE! GIVE THIS MAN THE $10,000!

6. MandM's

MandM's Member

Crap trade. Rockets got screwed.

I have a hard time beieving that Kmart can do more for us than Tmac (even at 75% of what he was).

Plus we would still have carl.

This is a classic example of a coach bringing in his people. Good or not. And the last few times it didn't work out. RA has a bad record.

Bonzi
    Bobby Jax
    Artest
    Now Kevin Martin

In a few years when Adalman is gone we will realize we gave mcgrady away for nothing

7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Lmao. u one funny cracker. dam, i still wish Tru Warrier were a rocket. that team is my favorite non-championship rocket team.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you ask anyone on the board if it would be possible to trade Carl for a player like K-mart they would have told you no. Morey traded a second round tweener PF for a 6'7 high percentage SG that's only 27.

McGrady was expiring and worth nothing and he turned into 3 potential lotto picks.

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

You mean from the free throw line of course

10. REEKO_HTOWN

11. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

hahaha ohh carmichael dave...we need more humurous people like you on this board

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

Stop talking about the past..we're talking right now and its only .535. He is currently NOT a high percentage shooting guard. Instead of trying to argue I'll let the next 10 games he plays with the rockets show you.

1 person likes this.
  13. 523744

523744 Member

Stupid thread let me know when donte green does something outside of the summer
    league and when the kings make the playoffs (neither of which will happen anytime soon)

1 person likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

If it's that high He's top 15 in the league.

and guess what? Centers and Forwards own the FG% stat. A SG that hits at that clip is ELITE!!

you're killing your argument.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

:confused: A TS of 53% probably isn't even top 50. What are you smoking bro and can i have some of it?

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Donte Green is actually shooting at a really good clip this year in limited minutes.

Karolik is right also. Right now Kevin Martin is not having a good shooting year. Maybe that has to do with the players around him (Evans a ballhog? No post presence? etc) maybe it has to do with returning from injury. We'll have to wait and see.

If Martin for the Rockets is Martin of the Kings this year, he is not a top player. If he returns to form however, he is the perfect fit for this team and is an elite shooter.

17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So your contention is that his poor shooting in the 20 games after returning from surgery on his shooting wrist means he'll never regain the same shooting efficiency he has demonstrated throughout his entire career?

Was there any other reasons you think he has no chance of ever returning to his former production? If that's it, I don't think that's near enough evidence to suggest he can't return to that form.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

oh, you went to TS. fine.

He's on a team with a ball hog SG playing PG.

He just got back from an injury and had to change his style to fit in.

If you want to talk about NOW how about 3 months ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009110223

tell me that clip is not impressive and if you say "anyone can do that on a given night" I will just stop wasting my time with you.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

Again, I never said he wouldn't return to form. But as of right NOW, he's not a " high percentage" SG, and i'd trust a stretch of 20 games more than 1 game Reeko. The injuries, tyreke ect...are all just excuses for now for his poor shooting..Whether they are good excuses we will see...i sure hope so because otherwise it would be a sign of decline.

20. Vivid

Vivid Member

Yeah crap players like Granger and Kobe shoot in that range. Forget the fact that he is coming off an injury (he is at 53% despite 3 sub 15% shooting games early in his come back), this is his only season since his rookie season where he is below 60% (elite type numbers), and that he was adjusting to playing off of Evans when he came back. Whatever he is smoking, you could use some to lighten up a bit. Why don't you wait until he plays few games for the Rockets before you get your panties twisted in a bunch.