1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question: Since Morey got owned in the last Kings deal....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 18, 2010.

1. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

This trade was obviously for next year....so when i add Yao back into the mix plus we still have money to sign a decent PF our lineup looks

Yao, Anderson
    Scola, Hill, Hayes
    Ariza, Battier,
    Martin, Air Bud, J taylor
    Brooks, Lowry
    1st round pick, 2nd round pick
    FA

Ah yeah........Morey track record in drafting is great hence you have landry....

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...would that be the statue that depicts Jordan in Atlantic City collecting money from on the last NBA bet he won? You know he got suspended for that....most competitive player ever doesn't just walk away for two years in his prime on a passing whim.

3. carmichael dave

Ok ok, all fun and games until the ban hammer gets wielded.

For those who remember our fun a couple years ago, miss you like crazy.

For those taking me seriously, X-Files sucked, tin foil can damage your head, Modest Mouse and Dashboard Confessional are lame, and WoW is killing your life.

For the record:

Good trade for both. I for one don't entirely understand why D-Elvis didnt just keep Mac, and then grab a FA with that money, keeping Landry, but oh well.

Kevin's a good guy. You will like him. He's not one who will give you that emotional connection, but he will score. And score. And score. And hopefully not get injured. I think with Martin, Ariza, and Scola, plus the Shar-pei from Duke, you guys have a very interesting team. And I hope beyond anything that Yao makes it back ok, cause I really, REALLY love that dude.

Throw in some picks from the Knicks (rhymed), J. Hill, and Morey does it again. All for basically trading Landry (from a playing time point of view).

Also for the record, I'm just bitter Houston never hired me 2 years ago :)

Good luck guys. I'm sure we'll see you in the playoffs (if we ever get there).

What are playoffs again?

4. agslai

Also with the assets he got from picks from NY, you already know he is going to try to trade them either during the draft or via free agency in a sign and trade....so yes the ROX future is alot brighter then the Sac Queens....tell u the truth, ya wish ya were still the Sac Queens with webber, divac, peja, christie, bibby, boJax, and turkulo.....

5. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

You are an idiot.

6. JGold530-713

JGold530-713 Member

Are you serious? And your some kind of respected member on this board? WTF does that say about this place. Have you ever seen K-Mart play more than 10 games? Do you have any fkn idea what your talking about.

Hey, Carmichael.. GTFO

7. agslai

since u called me an idiot, lets hear your smart comments.....

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Bwah!

MJ played in 1995 and in fact had better stats in the playoffs than he did in the following 3 championship seasons. Unfortunately they were beaten by a team who could not win a game against us :grin:

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

For one thing, all these teams are clearing cap space this season so they can make a run at 3, maybe 4 free agents. Chances are that the Rockets werent going to get Wade or LeBron...could have made a run for Bosh, but thats still up in the air.

Instead, Morey has the team set up for cap space for the following summer, where they will have over 14 million dollars coming off the books. Plus some draft picks to boot.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

You rock that was fun, take care man

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

We would only have had what I believe is $5-7 million leftover after re-signing Scola and Lowry, nothing close to the $22 mil that is expiring. No way we could've landed anybody near as talented as Martin with that money.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

PURE AWESOMENESS

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You know nothing.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Rockets wouldn't have had the full 23+ million coming off the books. Scola and Lowry will take up about half of that cap space leaving the Rockets with between 8-10 million to sign a free agent. You aren't getting anything close to Kevin Martin for that amount.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Haha good one dave. I loved those epic Lakers/Kings playoff games. I hate the Lakers and was rooting for you guys the whole time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5i8scHCLas&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5i8scHCLas&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EDIT: OUCH. My bad, that video was from last year. Man, I thought we would have a rivalry that would last years and years. I mean the Lakers are still contenders...but wow I did not expect the Kings to drop off this much.

At least those Webber, Divac, White Chocolate etc years were memorable. Lots of great clips on YouTube.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3iV4aYvopM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3iV4aYvopM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YIKES. I did it again, not exactly the most flattering video. You'll get 'em next time dave. ;)

16. carmichael dave

BTW, our boy Nuno joins me tonight around 11:15-11:30 your time tonight, before or after ESPN's Marc Stein. HOUSTON TAKES OVER SAC AIRWAVES.

Should be a blast. 1-800-920-1140, khtk.com

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Actually, I was hoping Carmichael Dave could have gotten a radio show in Houston myself. Those interviews you did with Artest were classic and very funny. And, as a Houston fan, I appreciate the respect you've always shown our team.

Those of you getting riled up on this thread need to develop a sense of humor.

As far as the original question, I really like how it turned out. Actually, I think all three teams achieved their prime objectives, and that's a hallmark of making a good deal, which Morey probably was the architect of.

And, I bet it comes out, that Martin asked to get traded behind the scenes, so that makes this an even better deal for the Kings, and management can feel good about where they sent him. Giving you guys Landry was hard for us, since he really has become symbolic of the team spirit here. He should be a great influence on youth on the team. This trade stengthened both teams, and if the Knicks don't end up with Lebron, Wade or Bosh, they'll turn out the big losers ... but, this does give them their chance to dream.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I've been passing on this thread because of it's, uh, title (had a few choice words, but you know....).

But then I saw it was going on 5 pages...had to take a look.

Glad I did, great hearing from you carmichael dave. I was hoping you'd show up with some thoughts.

-

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

B/c Morey being a beast at trade deadline wanted more out of missing teeth and broken knees. We weren't going to give up our assets until we could squeeze every juice out of the market. Morey's mantra coming to the trade is proven superstar, young upcoming talents, pick or else no deal.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

best thread of the day.