1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/30/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac and yao will dominate, but utah has the confidence now so they will step up. unless role players show up, could be another loss.

we BARELY beat them in houston. they blew us out in utah.

role players need to step up or else tmac will start seeing double teams like he sees these fools trashing him on clutchfans

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Honestly... its 92-93 Sonics vs. Rockets all over again... except this time, we play the role of the Sonics.

It will be a home and home series.

3. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

we should fly in some of those people from the bay area. holy crap.

4. Zeeshan

Zeeshan Contributing Member

For the ones going to the game, if T-mac starts sucking again, please boo his a$$!! I want the good for this team, and if he cant perform like a superstar, we don't need him.

5. Lumix

Lumix Member

A win with real heart, plz.

A win without any obvious heart for it is not so good,
    A lose without heart could be disappointing and devastrating.

6. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

win or lose, alive or dead.

7. ham

ham Member

No.

8. Gutter

Gutter Member

if Mr. Mcgrady doesn't score more than 40+ and Mr. Ming doesn't score 30+ we have no chance, lets face it our guard play SUCKS we have no answer for Williams and Boozer. Hope Gundy decides to play V Span, i think Span can guard Williams if given the chance (but thats not going to happen because Gundy is donkey) :) I also heard that if we dont make it out of the first round, Gundy is gone. Is that true? If so that would be so badass! Than we can get Larry Brown!

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

so u want them to boo yao whenever he gets blocked by okur? stripped by okur? give up defensive rebounds to milsap?

both stars have been playing bad.

10. Gutter

Gutter Member

Yao is not taking dumb shots, McGrady is. Why is he shooting if he is having a off night, he should drive it to the hoop and get them in foul trouble

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

well tell the role players to start making some shots? tell battier to make something so ak47 is not leaving him blatantly and doubling tmac. tell howard to make some shots so boozer doens't stay in the paint the hwole damn time. tell head/rafer to make shots so deron doesn't stay in the middle all the damn time.

notice all of them leave their man to stay close to tmac? :(

and yao has single coverage. when you're 7'6, it's not hard not to get a good shot v. single coverage.

12. Gutter

Gutter Member

haha i would love to give my 2 cents to them but i dont have their telephone numbers

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

as bad as tmac has played, the role players have been on another level.

u have to see how jazz is playing tmac. usually when a guy is struggling, u EASE UP on your defense against that player. but the jazz have not done that but actually INCREASE their defense on tmac w/ more and more double teams as the game progresses. why? b/c they don't want tmac to EVER get off. b/c tmac just needs one game to change the series.

and how are they able to do this? b/c the role players SUCK more than a junior varsity high school team.

ak47 is basically playing tmac police patrolling. his eyes are always on tmac even if he's not directly guarding him. boozer and okur ALWAYS blitz tmac hard off the pick and roll. and well, deron just stays in the middle to give help whenever tmac has it at the triple threat position.

14. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

I still don't give up now. If they will win, that will be great while my wife will be pissed off(Since I will stay before my computer and the TV more). Otherwise I will enjoy the good game from Suns and Golden states. :D

15. lilyken

lilyken Member

Tomorrow, win or lose, fight like a MAN.

16. TheNextDLno8

TheNextDLno8 Member

now when possibally GS waiting in the next round we must be therer win win and only win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. fundamentals

fundamentals Member

tmac will carry us to victory he is one of the few players in the league who can really turn it on, and when he does, everything else will fall into place. he just needs one good dunk and 1 to get it going.

18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

yao starts out with 4 straight buckets then utah makes adjustments as boozer knocks down a few 15 footers in the first half of the first quarter. As yao goes to the bench tmac drives the ball to the hoop and sets up shane for a three in the left corner in front of utahs bench. next time down he penetrates as the defense collapses and he kicks it to the top of the key and rafer rips a three. at this point in the game utah now has to honor our 3pt threat. this is when mac just takes it hard to the basket as okur slides over late and just absolutely posterized "shawn bradley" style. Which not only rejuvinates us for this win (106-91), but for a series win in utah by outstanding back to back 30+ point 10+ assists performances by mac.

19. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

I couldn't agree more.

He should dunk over Okur just as he did over Bradley two years ago.

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

whoever commits more personal fouls loses....its been the case the whole series