1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/30/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2007.

1. AB

AB Contributing Member

I agree. They have to figure out a way to play physical without fouling a lot. Jazz is going to continue playing extremely physical, now that they've seen success with that stlye. Every time Rockets(Yao,Chuck, Howard) try to match the physical play of Jazz, they get called for offensive fouls. There has to be something they are doing wrong. Hopefully, one of the coaches will figure that out

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

is he a JVG TYPE PLAYER?

Rocket River

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

I do not think so Jeff would want him in our team. Let's search for better PG and PF

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

"Expect mac to drive (to) the iron more times than Sanford and Son."

[​IMG]

Hey tmac, we need some of this, thanks:

[​IMG]

5. conquistador#11

In the summer of 1990,I prayed to God asking for a victory over Germany in the world cup.I was 9 years old and very upset that god did not listen to my request. :mad:17 years later,I will have my rosary on me during the game,tonight.I will not ask for a win this time;but rather for the almighty to inspire our team.In a divine intervention,T-mac will return to form :)

6. metalshred

metalshred Member

I hope we can f the jazz upside down this time. Let's f-king win the game! :mad:

7. metalshred

metalshred Member

God Plz! Guys let's pray for the Rox!

8. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

ITS WINNING TIME

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tmac is gonna have a huge game tonight. By huge I mean,

HUGE!!!!

10. zong

zong Member

A must win game!!!

11. John X

John X Member

Rockects find their game. They find out that this series is on THEM not on T-Mac. Everybody steps up and we have a decisive blow-out win.

12. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

We win this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

13. rennaisnz24

rennaisnz24 Member

We need to blow them out, so vspan can get some more playoff minutes. We just need to box out, not like they're shooting lights out. Its all just 2nd change points.

14. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Similar to how Golden State is out Dallas(ing) Dallas, Utah is out half-courting and physical defensing us.

They're playing scrappier and tougher than we are and have been killing us with their half court defense. I think we actually have the better athletes and need to push to tempo a bit which starts with rebounding the damn ball.

A game in Utah will get Utah calls, that never changes; its how we respond here at home. This is why we have the home court. No coasting through the game.

I think they've devised a way to double/triple McGrady anytime he puts the ball on the floor and they rotate so quick that our 3-pt shooters are not getting a chance.

Utah's decided to guard the hell out of Yao/McGrady and wait to see Head/Howard/Rafer/Battier chuck up garbage, especially from the mid-range.

15. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

All Rockets need to play as if this is their last game in their lives. Hopefully in such spirit Tmac returns to the player he used to be; Yao not only regain his preinjuried form, but also pick up his game and confidence to a new level, a real nobody can stop me level; Battier and Head sink 3s like nobody can bother them a single bit; Alston distributes like Nash and shoots 3-4; Rockets lead Jazz 40, and Bill plays the entire 4th along with Jake, Head, Howard and Novak, whereas Okur goes 1-9 and foul out together with Boozer in 3 quarters, AK47 cries, this time in the game...

16. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

i think the key to winning this game is...simply to score more points than the jazz, the end. :D

17. FFz

FFz Member

Exactly. I don't understand why sometimes rafer or luther doesn't just take it to the hole when we defensively rebound the ball and outlet it ahead. He can use a hesitation step and get a layup easily on the utah bigs. Golden state kicked Utah's butt by running and gunning.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

No back door cuts!!! If I see Harpring under the bucket wide open one more time I'm gonna run out on the court and punch him in the brain. Also JVG has to do a better job of exploiting the T-mac/ Fisher matchup, Sloan should've given up that gambit in game 3, but JVG isn't forcing his hand, post him up or iso on the wing and get Fisher in foul trouble. Bottom line is EXECUTE, our identity all season has been run up a huge lead then hold on till the end waiting for someone to get hot, well we've squandered our lead so now its time to execute.

On another note, is anyone looking forward to playing Golden State in the second round? cause the are looking pretty damn scary.

19. Sextuple Double

I really want to blow them the f*** out. I want to take Utah's pride and dignity and piss all over it.

I want a re-enactment of the Philly game.

20. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

our team needs to show some heart. show some emotion and will. take a page out of golden states book!