1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/30/2007 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2007.

1. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Here is my hypothesis on why Rox couldn't play well in Salt Lake City. Very simple: The Altitude.

We don't think about this much, but it really makes a big difference. Salt Lake City is at about 4,500 feet altitude. As a comparison, Denver is only slightly higher, at 5,200. As we have heard time and time again, team playing away games in Denver must adjust their rest, or they will be winded. The same applies to Salt Lake City.

I am surprised no one tells JVG this such that he would adjust the rest period for his starters accordingly. Case in point, for both games 3 and 4, the games were close during the 1st half, and even got close enough during the 4th quarter. But you could tell Rox players were too slow to the ball by the end, which was why they lost.

Seeing this, now I can see how important this home court advantage is. I believe Rox will still win this series ... in game 7.

2. lethe

lethe Member

Game 5, a must win game for rocktes!

3. clutch11

clutch11 Member

Utah 99
    Houston 103

4. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

T-mac is my favorite player, but watching him play the last 2 games hurts....I believe he will turn it on after watching tape of game 4

Rox win! 95-81 but

Yao has played pretty good, with the exception of his moments of turnoveritis...he has been the only consistent player

T-Mac must act like the "Tin Man from the Wizard of OZ" and find some heart.....

Rafer needs to slow Daron williams down a lil bit bit atleast...sheesh..Hell, Daron williams is out there shoooting better than Vassili Zaitsev......

When: Daron Williams shoots a shot, I cringe, because I know its going in...it feels like D. Williams is shooting 100% this series, because I can't remember when he has actually missed a shot..seriously... D. Williams is raining jumpers like he's in practice or something

When: Juwan Howard takes a jump shot, I holler "Fu*k!" out loud before the ball leaves his hand....JVG needs to put an APB for Juwan's howard's jump shot, because it has been duct taped, gagged and kidnapped....I thought his defense was bad.....Damn....Now his offense too!....It feels like Juwan is out on the court for decoration.....Hell, bring in Novak...

I still believe in Luther....

The bench must contribute.....Rox still win...I still believe!

P.S. Does anyone else hate when the rockets set a pick, but instead of driving to the basket....T-mac runs around the pic and gets pushed out to halfcourt almost...then passes it to the corner man...I hate that play, please stop setting the pic!

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

T-Mac will carry us so do not worry :D
    Hopefully our 3s will go in!

6. cs_eric

cs_eric Member

YAO is stable, 20+pts

TMAC knows he should stand up and he is on fire, 40pts

Head/Battier/Alston totally 10-3pts

7. ikfit

ikfit Member

I feel sorry for Mavs fans :D they are now1-3, and beat by number 8 Ha Ha..
    after second lost in Jazz, I feel our rox fans are the most frustrate fans in the west but now ..

we know our Rox will fight to the end.

Go Rox

8. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I'll be there 2night, sec 632...This is MUST win or it is all over...Look from T-Mac to bring it, he is going to have a monster night...So will Luther Head (at least 5 threes!)

GO ROCKETS!!!

9. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

This game is a must win for the Rockets.

The Rox bench will come out to play. And we'll get a few more calls our way. Shooting percentage is back to the 40's.

Rox by 2.

10. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

I agree. It is tough for any team to adjust to that type of altitude when your used to playing at near sea level. I think thats helped them so much with their home wins this year. Thats why it was so important to get HCA. I had a feeling before the series started this was going to 7. Thank God for HCA! If we do pull this off and I think we will and if GSW beats the Mavs since they are 3 to 1 now will we get HCA since we have the better record? I hate talking about round 2 when were not there yet, but just curious about this one.

11. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

IM going to feel sorry for us if we lose tonight

12. wangfeiapollo

wangfeiapollo Member

I'll feel sorry for rocket, why they have such a coach who actually failed to develop players, whose coaching style has crushed the talent of Novak, Lucas, Spanoulis...
    Mark my words, Jvg is the main trouble of rocket, we could have brought MikeJames back, and you know MJ is a real man, a fighter, a hundred times better than Alston.

13. will2km

will2km Member

We WILL WIN!

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

The altitude in Denver didn't affect the Spurs. The Rockets have given the fans little reason to think they will "fight to the end." Hopefully there is a little flame burning somewhere deep in their collective psyche. They have put forth FOUR forgettable efforts and are lucky to be 2-2. Redemption is simple, play inspired basketball, elevate your game, wake up and smell the playoffs, play like there is no tommorrow, because there isn't. No guts, no glory.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we also have bonzi wells.. but jvg destroyed all the confidence the guy had left

16. rocketsmetalspd

Tonight is the night we will find out if the Rockets have some pride left in them. The Rockets must lead from start to finish to win. I also want a damn blowout like the Jazz put to the Rockets in Utah. Please fans attending the game Boo the Jazz from pre-game warm ups till the end of the game.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think both Yao and T-Mac have huge games...They really haven't had any this series and they are due...Plus the home crowd is always a plus...

18. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I think they will finally "get it" tonight. We will finally play a good game, playing like $hit is just not going to happen 5 staight times./ We beat thre ass tonight and win a close one in Utah to finsish it.

After tonight the GARM will forget all of the tmac/yao criticism.

Go Rockets!!!!

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I almost never post in this thread "pre-game" but I just wanted to say, I better see all 13 players on this team with scowls on their face for 48 minutes. Bodies should be flying, everything should be at the basket.

The team that wins this game will win the series.

20. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

This team is going to get hot at SOME point, they are just too good to keep this up.