1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/22/2006 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2006.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

Nope, actually after each good play....

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I think Yao had put too much emotion into the hug. It's alright for a man to hug another man...just don't make it look like you actually enjoy holding the other guy in your arms though. :cool:

3. ckfol

ckfol Member

T-Mac does look a bit overweight. He just doesn't have the same elevation on his jumpshots and seems to be a bit slow footed sometimes. IMaybe I am expecting too much from him like when he did the all-op to himself dunk in the all star games. But it seems T-Mac can't layoff the Big Mac's during the off season .

4. mhaow7

mhaow7 Member

[​IMG]

5. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

Are you guys aware of that Azubuike did not while Jacobsen did play in today's game?

I am afraid Azu will be cut very soon even before the next game against Miami. And JVG just gave Casey another chance to make it. I am not sure whether 1 ass and 1 stl are enough, so he is still on the bubble.

Padgett just played a solid game. His performace in 3p shooting and rebounding are beyond my previous expectation. I think as the only big man on the edge of the roster, he has locked up one spot.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Azubuike may be athletic but he's so lost out there that he ends up looking like a robot.

7. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

Speak of athletic ability, after adding bonzi and snyder who are the upgrade versions of Azu, we have enough depth in SG.

Azubuike just has a bad luck. We signed him in early August and intended to let him be an important role. But for now, good luck to have bonzi for Rockets is bad luck for Azu. I really want to give the kid one more shot next season though.

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

We pretty much signed him as a training camp body based on his awesome summer league performance. The chances of him making the team were always slight to none, even before Bonzi was brought it.

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

JLIII has a bad luck too. How many here once suggested he should be our 2nd PG after the signing? And now given Head's and VSpan's performance, I doubt if he could make into the top 12 rotation.

And I like Azubuike too, he should have a decent career in teams like Phoenix Suns.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't even think azubuike was on the summer league roster. or was he with another team? either way you're right, he always a real long-shot to make the team.

11. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

well...
    maybe I am a little optimistic about this kid :p
    actually, after suffering too many old backcourts in the past two years, I am too eager to see Azu here :rolleyes:

12. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

wasn't jl3 signed for 3 years? if he doesn't stay on the roster i imagine he will go to the d-league.

13. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

what bothers me most is JLIII likes shoots way more than distributes the ball :confused:

he got lost on where he really was in real NBA games rather than summer league or NBDL.

based on his performance in preseason, I only see him in inactive list or as a bait in trade, at least before all-star weekends.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

first year guaranteed, the rest team options. he's making the minimum (under 700k). if he was waived but got a guaranteed contract elsewhere in the nba he'd come off houston's books.

15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

He played with the Nuggets in the Vegas Summer League. Durvasa posted efficiency stats for every summer league player, and Azubuike was #1.

http://www.vegassummerleague.com/players_info.cfm?player=326&season=3&team=20

16. Fuse

Fuse Member

If people almost cried when T-mac hit the deck hard... I almost cringed when I saw Yao get tripped up in the 2Q/3Q and did not get up instantly. For a second, I thought he stepped on someone's foot again and either broke his foot or sprained it.

17. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Can anyone give a good recap of this game??

18. teetime

teetime Member

Yes that disturb me a little bit too. Someone please tell JL3 that a point guard is suppose to look to past first to open man for easy open shot and only shoot when you are "wide" open or driving in open lane. Pushing the ball down the court and and immediately jacking up a brick from 15 ft out is just bad decision making. :confused:

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hey guys, Novak came off the bench for the PF position right?

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member